Mental Health Forums

Experimental Project(s)!?!

FleeingFox

Lit Crit is for wasters - I did first year English at University, intending to continue with it as a major and was so disappointed that I went from one of the highest marks in the country in my school final exams to scraping a pass. I raged at my tutors all year and they hated me back.

Ohhhhh :mellow::lol: .Being able and willing to take it and learn from it is where real artistic growth can come from.

I used to hate.Raged at,and got banned a few years back from a minor crit forum.

Now I have moderated a large forum,have a lot of contacts and in a painful (yes,stil painful) enjoy the process.

The difference just a line break or the change of a single word can have is huge.

Wow,I should get back in my box before I start spending hours over a single reply to this thread and scare everyone away :P

Sorry guys,but I feel that I should say that here I am just me.Shamelessly poor grammer and spelling.Average.What ever.

I can be real and down and dirty here. (swear if I get any filthy comments to that :unsure::wacko: I will end up on a psych ward again)

Plath used to be cool.I fear not so much any more.That I find to be a real shame.

She had raw talent.To loose the 'kudos' as they call it in her death is a crying shame.

She is someone many of us can really realate to,and she was acessible to all.

Not many artists can say that.

Sorry my dear, but classic music is definitely a no no with me, can't stand it and never shall, I'm a Metal Monster head, nothing quite like it in my tastes, Nothing.....

Okay, so with a small effort thusly with regard to confining usage of words in total, this is where I am:

YEARN TO SLEEP

Silently Floating,

Through Fields Of Terror

Leaping,

From Scream To Scream

Unwilling To Rest,

Upon Mossy Grounds

Jaws Of Death,

Snap At Aching Flesh

Passionate Dreams,

Unknown Concept

Twisted Words,

Await Reluctant Sleeper

Muscles Contort,

Into Recoil

Ever Ready,

Merciless Counter Attack

Heard Every Lie,

To Possibly Hear

Yearn So Deep,

To Rest In Peace...

Using this piece, Swan...tear it to pieces lass, where is it letting me down?

Lauren you are totally right.

It's why I gave up writing and became a lawyer - which really has helped me because i've been able to sublimate myself into telling someone else's story so that I become simply the mouthpiece and no longer the subject nor the object of the exercise.

I really recognise the profit you have gained from going through the pain and humiliation of submitting yourself to criticism, and I definitely think that meeting you two and this subject arising has been one of the greatest benefits to me of this forum because I recognise that I can be a good writer if I can detach my writing from my ego and realise that I can stand the criticism. Not that I'm not scared,but I think perhaps I'm ready.

Fox, is it just me who is getting wierd dimensions on your posts? does anyone know how to fix it please :wacko:

Now I must go before Portia totally mauls my face in her eagerness to get me to bed :D:D:D

Goodnight guys, Write well :)

Swan,

I write to express what I cant in a normal format.I work with facts only in that way.

Via prose I can express a lot more.Far easier to take the crit than the real trying to understand me.

Fox, is it just me who is getting wierd dimensions on your posts? does anyone know how to fix it please :wacko:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It aint you lass, it's due to my FLEEING FOX signature animation that I created for this site, I've done this with intention, ah, how I loathe to be like all the rest, hee-hee.............

Sorry,

I will leave this thread now.

Have fun :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't you dare abandon me now Lauren, your input is MASSIVELY needed, I'm responding more to Swan because we have a rapport already, I'm still trying to figure you out mate, no insult intended.

Figure away.

I confess to finding you a touch intimidating still.

I 'figure' that its intentional on your part to project yourself in such a way here.I may be wrong.

Its all good.

Figure away.

I confess to finding you a touch intimidating still.

I 'figure' that its intentional on your part to project yourself in such a way here.I may be wrong.

Its all good.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Aye, most folk in my life tend to find me thusly, I don't take any crap from folk and I stand toe to toe with any foe, most folk don't like it, but then, I am a warrior spirit trapped in an age of technology, doesn't mean you can't sit down beside me in peace, I don't bite, well, not hard............

I have to sleep now.

Little things,such as starting to share such a real and important part of myself has a huge effect.

Yea,that and two nights on the town this week after my life as a some what recluse.

I can see my dreams tonight in words already.

So cheers so much for the nightmares :P but thanks for the words that will come in the morning :)

Fox, there's a couplet in there that is really good:

Leaping

From Scream to Scream

It's way past my bedtime so I can't analyse it now, but it leaps out at me as being a brilliant image and a very good use of assonance? (vowel? repetition - I always mix it up with alliteration). The rest, I'll have to have a go at tomorrow, but think Lauren is at least as well if not better qualified to do so.

Plath is still cool - one of only five or six collected works I have and, with Emily Dickinson a fine woman to learn about sex and death from.

Lauren you've gone way beyond me in your career - I diverted out of cowardice as I've said. I believe you to be a great poet with the discipline to be a greater one, and certainly someone to bring me back to writing.

And fox, all I will say in conclusion is:

Whiter shade of Pale, Stairway to Heaven, Paint it Black (and if I could remember all of the ones that I know are great even from tightly defined metalheads I'd add a lot more) etc etc All those guys know their classics and it shows in the best of their music

Have to go - a million cats are scratching at my shoulders :o

Good night

Nightmares.

Thats my over active mind at work.Nothing direct from either of you.Sometimes the night terrors are a welcome relief from what you can not express in your day time hours.

You surely must realise that because I hate them, it must therefore dictate that I have listened to them, and I have, for many years, sorry, still hate classical music.

Sleep well ladies, I'm going to do some more writing now, wheeeeeeeeee!!!!

Archived