Mental Health Forums

Dbt

Daisy

DBT - *Dialectic Behavioural Therapy*

Personally so far it has been the BEST for of treatment for me. I know this is recovery, maybe i am positing this in the wrong forum..sorry. but 100% honest DBT has got me to the best emotional and/or mental state i have been in in a LONG time, really since i remember and that is long enough. I have compled the first of 4 Module in Dbt. First is CORE MINDFULNESS

Other's ARE: Interpersonal Effectivness, Emotion Regulation and Distress Tollerance *thier is an order to them but i forget!

The DBT program is more specifically aimed at those suffering BPD or BPD Traits, its intense, hard work and a HUGE personal effort to WANT TO GET BETTER and WANT TO TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE

but its 100% worth it

IF anything i am on the track to recovery from self harm and worknig trowrads being 100% self harm free thanks to DBT and this is a major part of my Bordeline PD.

id advice anyone looking for effective treatment/recovery strategies to maybe take a look at if DBT would be right for them.

It is personal ofcourse but on that not for me it has helped. their is evedince that people can RECOVER from BPD and DBT can help this. to ME the thought of RECOVERY as in not beign mentally ill or having to reply on Dr's and such is too far away to look into at the moment but maybe in the future.

Good Luck

katy

• 4 weeks later...

I know how you feel Katy. i've been in dbt for 4 months now.

I'd like to say something about what i myself have learned about recovery, what recovery means to me. It's not the absence of my illness or the absence of it's symptoms. it is however, an increase in resilency. the intensity, frequency and duration of problems from my illness change and have changed for the better.

the journey of recovering from bpd as it is facilitated by dbt is an amazing one!

take care

~kristy

Archived