Mental Health Forums

What Is Your Greatest Fear?

samsung

Fear itself. They say the root of all fears is a fear of death...if we conquer our fear of death, it will diminsh all other fears.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fear itself. They say the root of all fears is a fear of death...if we conquer our fear of death, it will diminsh all other fears.

I'm currently afraid of the water (drowning),

big trucks on the road when I'm driving (Car accident)

the dark (not seeing where I am)

rejection (Fear of abandonment)

opening up my heart, and letting people into my own private hell, (trusting)

and posting on this forum. (see all of the above)

risking it all,

pw

I am afraid of drowning as I can't swim - but then I've heard several accounts of how 'peaceful' it can be to die that way - how do these people know - have they come back from the dead?! I nearly drowned in a swimming pool when I was about 5 years old, I remember it being very peaceful and being annoyed when people dragged me out and everyone was shouting. Maybe this is what those accounts mean.

What I am most afraid of is being buried alive. For me, that its the ultimate worst way to be abandoned. To be thought of as dead when I am not. Hell.

I am afraid of losing everyone I love. Simple as that. I guess that is a fear of abandonment but I would like to think that it is a natural human emotion. I also have a fear of not being liked.

i am watching...believe it or not... the Tyra Banks show on Living TV. They are talking about overcoming your greatest fear.

I was wondering what was your greatest fear?

my Greatest fear is not being able to breath.

I FREAK OUT WHEN I GET A FLASHBACK AND GET A PANIC ATTACK AND CANT BREATH...

Being alone or being rejected which is ironic as I'm living this fear daily

Greatest fear?

I dont fear death never have

I dont fear growing old

I FEAR LIFE and what man has made of living

What we are in now----today

THIS is HELL

living every day getting through life

But we have no choice so we make the best of the worst.

I have never loved as i love now

So my greatest fear?

losing this precious wonderfull love

I'm scared of being alone, adandoned, rejected.

With this I am scared of losing the people who I love and who care about me.

I'm also scared of almost all animals, birds being the most scary, they just tend to fly at my head and want to peck me to death!

• 2 weeks later...

Greatest fear eh. Not scared of much anymore.

1. When I cross through the veil and not see my late wife's spirit there. (This one makes me wake up in a sweat almost every night)

2. Something bad happening to my child that he would have to live with.

3. That I have an un-fixable heart. It is broke for the rest of my life.

Other than that I am not scared of anything on this earth...even death. I look forward to it, but know it will come in it's own good time. I don't need to hurry it.

I am scared of one thing but know I'm going to have to face it. My life when I die and all the truths that will be shown. I am scared, but have an undeniable curiosity so I know I won't want to turn my head.

That buried alive post above gave me shivers though. ugh.

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering what was your greatest fear?

My greatest fear is to be penniless and homeless. They say money doesn't buy love, but then love doesn't pay the bills or keep a roof over your head, does it?

COLIN.

My greatest fears are of my husband leaving me and of being rejected.

I also have quite a bad fear of death which is strange considering I feel suicidal a lot of the time!

x

Being condemned to the rest of my life shut in a dark cramped box (my mind I guess) where people know where I am, but no-one can hear me, and no-one comes to open it.

rebeccaborderline

this is two of my most fearful things

one, i had a night terror/panic attack and woke up believing that i had turned into a gigantic hellish lobster like spider and i was too scared to look accross to the mirror fearing that it was real and i was beside myself in terror.

two, being dragged of to the psych ward and into HD where its like a living hellish experience with subleties that only i understand!

There i was trying to culminate my thoughts/fears into words and what do i find an absolutely perfect explanation for me anyhows.

"Being condemned to the rest of my life shut in a dark cramped box (my mind I guess) where people know where I am, but no-one can hear me, and no-one comes to open it."

sorry becs for stealing this ...

I guess my basic thought would be - being ignored/unacknowledged but there are still more fears than i care to confront

Archived