Mental Health Forums

Eating Disorder Websites

Barebones

Olanzapine made me gain 5 stone, spend £20 a day on food to binge and vomit, I had chaotic bulimia and the appetite of 2-3 people. I was constantly hungry and constantly eating. 200mgs of Topamax has reduced the urge to binge and I have lost a substantial amount of weight and binge only 1-2 times a month. I've gone Ana. I'm so glad Mia is (almost out of my life). Mia is the worst fucking thing.

nuclearwinter x

a lot of people say they are taking medication to help with their ED. is there one to stop binge eating. and are they worth it?

:-S

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i have just looked at the websites and realised for many years i have suffered from binge eating. i didnt realise it was an ED cos i thought well im not making myself sick after. then the last few weeks i have gone to the other extreme and now eat only a couple of chocolate bars a day. i wish i could just find a happy medium....

• 2 months later...

thank you for this discussion and all the links. cheers guys.

i hope i'll get to a point where i can admit how bad *my* bingeing is, cos with all the part and trauma work we're doing with the therapist, there's barely time to say if i've been doing it or not. and others in my system have other ways of coping not exactly *healthy* as well... it's nice to be here and being able to share and feel understood and not so alone.... xxx

• 4 months later...

hi you can sooo add me to this list.i have diabedes from age 30,high bloodpressure,cholesterol trigliserides and kidney problems.and still i wont stop eating.i guess it goes along with all the other problems i have going.im only 4ft 8in and i weigh about 150 thats heavy and i cant stop overeating it is like an all you can eat buffet here in the evenings

are you sure, rachel? did you have a look at the sites, that's from the first one:

-------------------------------

Compulsive Overeating

People suffering with Compulsive Overeating have what is characterized as an "addiction" to food, using food and eating as a way to hide from their emotions, to fill a void they feel inside, and to cope with daily stresses and problems in their lives.

People suffering with this Eating Disorder tend to be overweight, are usually aware that their eating habits are abnormal, but find little comfort because of society's tendency to stereotype the "overweight" individual. Words like, "just go on a diet" are as emotionally devestating to a person suffering Compulsive Overeating as "just eat" can be to a person suffering Anorexia. A person suffering as a Compulsive Overeater is at health risk for a heart attack, high blood-pressure and cholesterol, kidney disease and/or failure, arthritis and bone deterioration, and stroke.

Men and Women who are Compulsive Overeaters will sometimes hide behind their physical appearance, using it as a blockade against society (common in survivors of sexual abuse). They feel guilty for not being "good enough," shame for being overweight, and generally have a very low self-esteem... they use food and eating to cope with these feelings, which only leads into the cycle of feeling them ten-fold and trying to find a way to cope again. With a low self esteem and often constant need for love and validation he/she will turn to obsessive episodes of binging and eating as a way to forget the pain and the desire for affection.

It is important to remember that most Eating Disorders, though their signs and symptoms may be different, share a great number of common causes and emotional aspects.

--------------------------------------------

It definitely sums me up to a t

O dear lord ermmm omg like that's me o.0 oh shit :wacko:...