I had 8 traumas in as many years:

- major church split up

- had to move home twice in seven months

- office moved to bad new premises

- family trauma

- fell ill

- employment related paperwork ambiguity got me worried

etc.

Also a problem I had getting treatment for depression 18 years ago which hung over me ever since

I had to just leave these things for a long while.

Of late every one of them has been raised again by me with new people in new ways - my newe trade unionrep showed me there isn't a problem with the paperwork, Human Resources are flavour of the month once again with me, I have got AD medicine simply by asking, I am constantly exploring new possibilities for assistance in my various disanbilities, advocacy, a support plan etc still no outcome but am gradually building upo a network, am making new connections in the church, I have not retreated from my principles but the trouble that there was is losing its stranglehold on me. It was bad and it was a true fact and I am all the more bold to relate it to people instead of saying, did it happen if the others said it didn't, why did it have to happen I say this is planet earth it did happen that way ands I am alive to tell the tale now lets go and do the next thing. There are various possibilities for coping with bad air and noise in the new work building.

On every front there is new potential, I am no longer boxed in by circumstances, however real the disadvantages were.

To that extent I am dealing with the past in response to your queries Birdesh and Claire, but you are right Birdesh it is essentially about dealing with present concretes and building up solutions out of them.

Who cares if I was overly dependent when a kid? Or if my mother was overbearing? Those partly explain I am the type of autistic guy I am and not another type. Essentially that is a constitutional condition and you are aware of that angle Birdesh.

To me there is no nuance in semantics between 'coping' and 'cure' it is all part and parcel. ANy day successfully lived through is part of recovery in depression etc, it may alleviate regularly and for long periods, it may come back but every time it does I'll know so much more each time about how to be successful in it.

For me it's OK to not be OK, I think there is great power in not letting an imperfect life sink me. I was lucky enough to know moderate hidden disabilities and chronic conditions, albeit undiagnosed, from an early age so I have always known that and originally always had profound self acceptance. I lost confidence as a result of a chorus of disapproval of the contrast between expectations and my actual results, now in the last few years I once again appreciate those factors as truths of my life.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What we' ve gathered so far (in short) :

- focusing on the present

- being gentle with oneself

- taking care of physical needs (food, supplements, sleeps, meds...)

- fighting or transmuting hurtful feelings

Anyone wants to add something or elaborate on "how to " ?

Ta

Hi folks, several things have really helped me and in different ways.

Complimentary therapies: these have changed the way I feel.

Energy healing changed my life back in 2004 and took less than an hour, I was always apathetic and negative, when I got home I caught myself in the mirror and actually smiled at my reflection. I started to see the beauty in the world and take pleasure in life.

Timeline Therapy which is a part of NLP (mine was given to me by my Spiritual Healing tutor Dianne Brannan - www.diannebrannan.com.) This works on the subconscious and in a matter of an hour or 2. This has stopped me reacting to a trigger and cutting myself, I've been aware that I would normally cut myself but instead calmly thought of a rational solution.

Books:

These have changed my perception - so that I am more accepting of myself/others, more grounded in the here and now, and feel more able to be my own source of happiness/support:

Setting Your Heart on Fire by Raphael Cushnir

The path of Transformation by Shakti Gawain

Way of Chakras by Caroline Shola Arewa

Shaman, Healer, Sage by Alberto Vivoldo

I'm also taking Counselling training and it's been such an eye opener...more effective for me than being on the receiving end of the counselling I've had.

Hope that's helpful x

Ha ha Birdesh!

I guess he did...I'm still working on it though...I think Shrek was talking about people as well as orges, we've got layers! But what Steve gave me with that healing was a massive breakthrough and I'm eternally grateful to him. I know other healers but they come no where close to the gift this man has been given. He is so genuine and caring too.

I don't mean to be so over the top about him but to have lifted from me what he did...I'm still totally gobsmacked. To live a life in black and white and at the age of 38 to start seeing in colour... I can't guarantee it would be the same for everyone obviously, we are all totally unique, but I can't recommend his healing enough. I saw him in person but he gives distant healing too.

He is also an incredibly good psychic and gives psychic development tuition too, in case anyone is interested in that side of things.

Happy to explain more about how and why energy healing works if anyone is curious. I know it's not going to be everyone's thing so trying to keep it brief.

x

I don't know if your account is genuine...Personally, I find it hard to believe. Rather sounds like a con.

My sincere apologies if I'm mistaken.

Wow Birdesh, I'm really taken aback by that.

I'm not a liar. I'm actually a very open and genuine person but of course you don't know me so I can't expect you take me at face value. I always take people at face value and amazed when it's not returned, I guess it's one of my failings.

So in answer to your comments...yes my account is genuine, yes it is hard to believe when you are new to idea of energy healing and no it's not a con. I haven't said it's a cure all or would even work for everyone. I merely showed my enthusiasm and shared with you something that has changed my life (which is what this topic is about)...take it or leave it as you wish.

No offence taken but if you're not going to believe what members post there seems little point asking for their contribution. I know you're seeking to find a cure but what use is that if you dismiss one (partial/possible cure) out of hand when it's suggested? You haven't even asked me how it's possible for it to work, you find it hard to believe and therefore it must be a con. A little like the disbelief people had over being able to speak to others over long distances by the telephone when it was first invented.

Sorry I don't mean to go on but my postings were honest and well intentioned. Thank you for you apology but I guess I do feel a little hurt regardless.

Here money is at stake as you've given a commercial internet address. I was conned before, and I'm very tired of mock saviours. So I've grown wary of people who pretend they can help in a flash.

Now I must admit that even regular therapist can be considered as a con in a way if we consider the (lack of ) efficiency of what they do sometimes.

Once again, if I'm mistaken I apologise and surely I didn't pick my word carefully enough. Still I think wariness is a necessary protection in some cases.

Now I'd be grateful to you if you agreed to share with us how you've recovered. And remember that that wariness is only mine. Some other people will certainly be glad to hear your account and explanation.

Take care

Ok...I'll try and explain this as best I can...I haven't found traditional therapies very fast because I believe that they work on a conscious level and that isn't where the problem is...if it was, we could all think to ourselves that we would stop self-harming etc tomorrow and that would be the end of it, just knowing something doesn't stop it happening. Traditional therapies work over time because if you hammer the nail in enough times, so to speak, it eventually reaches the subconscious and then we act differently.

I don't know how much you know about the aura, the chakras and the meridans but knowledge of these is ancient and scientifically proven (although I'm not sure if the chakras have been proven). Our health is dependant on the effective functioning of the chakras which are like spinning funnels that feed energy (universal life force) to our nervous system from corresponding layers within the aura, which is an electromagnetic field around our bodies that is generated by the nervous system. Negative emotions and past traumas collect in the chakras and the aura (as well as the body - this is known as cell memory), and affect the functioning of the aura...e.g. everyone has heard of having a closed or an open heart, this would relate to the functioning of the heart chakra. So the chakra may be sluggish and not draw in or release energy as it should or the aura may contain negative energy that each time a trigger/memory occurs, this negative enrgy is released back into the nervous system from the aura and through the corresponding chakra and we experience the same old crap all over again. There are tons websites on this topic if anyone wants to research.

When I saw Steve (he was in the UK then but in Florida now), he treated me using reiki, a form of healing where the practitioner channels universal life force (healing) to the client. Reiki practiioners vary greatly, he is very skilled in the way in which he does this and very aware of the person's energy and the negativity that is held in the aura. The treatment does not involve touching the person and Steve is able to provide distant healing. I am able to as well...I can give reiki and spiritual healing but I am not as skilled. When I had the healing I could feel pulling sensations and it was Steve removing threads of negative energy from my aura.

The next one that has really helped me is Timeline which is a form of Neuro Linguistic Programming, again you can research this for yourself on the net. This works on the subconscious and has the same effect as working on an energtic level as both are working directly on the nervous system (as I understand it). This process takes you back to the first time you felt a particular emotion...but not so close to it that you feel it. You subconscious gives you certain "learnings" or things that you didn't know then but would have stopped the situation being traumatic. For me it was things like "it doesn't always have to be this way". These "learnings" remain in your subconscious and are remembered the next time you are in a trigger situation so that you don't react the same way again. This worked for me.

You mention money Birdesh...yes it does cost but do you know that I only had one treatment with each of these people. Timeline cost me £30 and I think Steve cost me about the same.

As I said it wasn't a cure all and I doubt it would be as effective on everyone...different things work on different people...there are other therapies besides these too...cranio-sacral therapy and EFT are also very good. I'm not out to convince anyone that they should try these treatments, you asked me to share what worked for me and that is what I have done. Ignore what I say if you wish but please have the decency to treat me with respect and not call me a liar. I didn't have to open up to everyone.

Thanks for your account. I agree with you that conventional therapy has not proved very efficient so far with us, BPD sufferers. And I strongly advise everyone to turn their eyes on EFT. Gary Craig gives away a downloadable book that explain how to use that technique.

As for your last remark : I'm decent enough. My purporse has never been to hurt you, and I've never said you were a liar. I simply stated my opinion, my disbielief and my wariness. True, the word "con" may have felt insulting.

No hard feelings

Take care

My understanding of EFT is that it's a treatment that releases negativity via the release points in the meridian channels..it's another form of energy healing and no less believable than the treatments I described earlier.

It also involves the use of affirmations...some people find these very effective. I have found one affirmation technique really useful, it's called 11 x 22, if anyone is interested in numerology these are what are called master numbers and I know there's some connection with our DNA too which is why it's believed this particular technique works - it releases the "bad stuff" from us.

What you do is...for 11 consecutive days you write a down a positive statement 22 times. Each time you write the positive statement (e.g. I am healthy, or I love myself, I am confident etc), write down everything that comes into your mind until you can't think of anything else then write the statement again, following this process until you've written it 22 times (in one sitting). If you can't think of anything, just just that and then write the statement again. If you miss a day you have to start at day one again because the bad stuff slides back again in that missed day...it needs to be pushed out each day for 11 days. I was amazed at what came up for me when I tried this.

Just something else for folks to have a try at if they feel like it.

x

How do you people manage inner rage ? How do you get involved in an argument or a fight without being overwhelmed by rage ?

How do you people manage inner rage ? How do you get involved in an argument or a fight without being overwhelmed by rage ?

Myself, I don't manage to achieve this.

Me neither. That's why I wonder if some bpd sufferers have found a way to eradicate their inner rage or at least to keep it under control.

Archived