Mental Health Forums

Help Lithium Levels

Daisy

Ok...I have a problem wondering if anyone had any advice or way to help me, however im pretty sure that most people are going to just tell me to talk to the Dr again, but I will type it anyway as I really do need help.

*I saw my Dr this morning and I have to go for a blood test TOMMOROW 9am (its 3pm) to get my Lithium Levels tested.

HEres were the problem comes in, I am meant to take 400mg of Lithium a night, while i do take it i havnt been taking it propelry and I am wondering HOW I can get it to show on my blood test that I HAVE been taking it?

I came home nad took 600mg and I plan on taking more soon and then more before bed prob end up taking 3-4 times my dose. NO this wont kill me nad thats not my intention at all.

But is thier anyoher way to get it to show on my blood test?

Or will just normal dose for ONE day show?

Also by taking this much will it show as an OD or a Higher Level, what does higher levels mean anyway?

ARgh....need to get this right

Sorry...

katy

katy, please dont take more than the prescribed dose of anything and especially lithium. trust me its not a pleasant thing to have toxic levels when on this drug and it doesnt take much to go toxic. my level hit 1.2 and the theraputic range i think is from 0.6 to 0.8/0.9 and it doesnt take much to go out of the theraputic range. believe me when i tell you that the side effects of a toxic level is not nice and lasts for a while. my level went down to 0.6 but is now too low and at 0.2. basically even though ive been taking it properly my levels have dropped that low and i feel just as shit as when the levels were toxic.

with this drug you have to be so careful with and i dont wish the toxic effects on anyone i know. usually the levels are difficult to reach theraputic - well mine was, then now its all gone haywire and ive been taking them as prescribed although missing the odd dose due to work but this gives it no reason to go toxic.

please be careful katy

raggy/stace

A high level of lithium can be very dangerous and can cause serious and very unpleasant side effects Thats why blood tests need to be taken regularly.

If you take more than your dose and it shows high on the blood test they are going to adjust your levels and you aren't going to get the benifit from it.

You know what I am going to say about Dr :P so I'll leave it at that.

Take care and stay safe

Em xx

Aside from feeling very neausues and sickly/icky dizzzy feeling I got my blood test taken this morning so I guess that I will know oN mOnday how the tests turned out and if it was worth it?

Feelling so sick but am ok

Just gonna sleepp it all off today

Tx for replies

Katy :wub:

Archived