Mental Health Forums

Abilify - (aripiprazole)

Daisy

I have just recently started a new med, it is an Anti-psycotic (Apprently is fairly new, but this may be just new to AUS) Aripiprazole (Abilify) While im not taking it for psycosis its for blanacing of moods and things like that and chimical levels in brain, I know we all know that meds have more then one purporse.

but I have only been on it since Friday so I know and am fully aware it takes 4-6weeks to settle in. But i was wondering if anyone here is on it? and if they have had any side effects at all.

I have noticed that I am extrenly dizzy and neasues but Dr said this should pass.

but the thing that is making me write this is the INSOMNIA.

I need to sleep.

I havnt slept in a few days, and last night I managed to sleep from around 10pm-Midnight and I have been awake since with maybe a 10-15min nap in between, its now 4:45am almost and I have to work so I dont have the choice of sleeping during the day and I know its gonna make me grumpy at work and if this pattern stays the same i wont be sleeping tonight either. Anyone had the same????

I see the Dr this afternoon (again!) and will mention it too him but just wondering if anyone else here is on this drug ---Aripiprazole (Abilify)---.

Tx Katy

Hi Katy,

Hows it going on apriprazole? Sorry I havnt been on it, so i cant talk about it from personal experience. However i have heard of it as a anti-psychotic like you said. we have information on medications on the main site, heres the link to the info on apriprazole:

http://www.bpdworld.org/ARIPIPRAZOLE.php

everyone reacts to medications differently, so if you’re worried at all speak to your doctor. hope you’re sleeping a bit better now…

take care, jo xx

I forgot to answer ur QN! but ihave been taking it on and off, not like i should but i need to talk to my psyc again cause it makes me shake really bad and i cant sleep and i thought it would get easier but its hard to work

I noticed that it did make my mood lift a little so i will take it still till i see Dr on friday but its frustating side effects.

I wish I could EDIT my posts!!!

**One more - I just read all the side effects listed

Side effects are, headaches, shaking, abnormal movements of the hands, legs, face, neck and tongue, difficulty sleeping, constipation, weakness or loss of strength, blurred vision, nausea and vomiting, increased heart rate, anxiety, drop in blood pressure that occurs when going from a lying down position to a sitting or standing position, light headedness, dizziness, agitation, indigestion, tremor and twitching.

I have ALL Of them except vomiting, abnormal movements and nausea and constipation...grr...must tell Dr!

Archived