Mental Health Forums

Help In An Emergency

DanDown123

Sometimes, there may be times when you need emergency help.

The following can provide 24 hours a day service, everyday of the year:

The emergency services on 999 - UK

The Samaritans on 08457 90 90 90

NHS Direct (England and Wales) on 0845 4647

NHS (Scotland) on 0845 42 42 42 4

Danny xx

(below added 9/12/09)

http://www.maytree.org.uk/

It is a charity that has people that will talk on phone or email people in crisis. They are based in North London, and have 4 bedrooms that people who are actively suicidal can

You can now email Samaritans at jo@samaritans.org

Users in Southern Ireland -

By texting ‘Headsup’ to 50424, the user is sent a list of topics they would like help with. There are 12 options to choose from including crisis, suicide, alcohol, drugs, mental health, debt, sexuality, abuse, gambling, sexual health, parenting and teen issues. The user chooses the topic and instantly receives a list of appropriate helpline numbers to their mobile phone. The Samaritans, AL Anon, Aware, Women’s Aid, Childline, MABS and Bodywhys are among the many support services listed.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hello ,my first post ,

Ive tray ed Samaritans e-mail and it takes them 24 hrs to replay I'm going back and forward to them as i haven't any one else ,wen i mean no one i mean no one at all I'm on my Tod no family Friends no doctor support ,

well i find the Samaritans frustrating as you never speak to just one person and they always push on do you feel like taking your own life ,i do I'm very fed up right now ,I'm to complexed to have support this is Wat I'm told and my doctor is new and don't like me wen i cut myself he don't look at it, as his attitude is ,its a on going thing ,i bean A&E but they don't look either and send me home after a qwik chat to the saico on call ,I'm suffering terribly thees days as a adult theres no one else i can turn to ,i tray ed rethink but you have to be a inpatient so i don't know ho to turn to ,I'm agoraphobic i am a recluse with all my problems .

i prob should not have gone on with my self but my experience i explain thanks .

• 6 months later...

The last time I rang the samaritans, I got a tip on how to kill myself......it's true!

Thankfully you're still here Storm so maybe in perverse sort of way they helped!

• 8 months later...

hi aamanee

there is a 'heads up'free text service that gives u all the info. i do wish we (well i am in southern ire) had a crisis line team like the uk have.

here is the info anyhow-

By texting ‘Headsup’ to 50424, the user is sent a list of topics they would like help with. There are 12 options to choose from including crisis, suicide, alcohol, drugs, mental health, debt, sexuality, abuse, gambling, sexual health, parenting and teen issues. The user chooses the topic and instantly receives a list of appropriate helpline numbers to their mobile phone. The Samaritans, AL Anon, Aware, Women’s Aid, Childline, MABS and Bodywhys are among the many support services listed.

take care

anne marie

• 2 months later...

I am new to this forum, so I am not sure what to do really. I have diagnosed BPD and for 2 weeks + I have had a razor inserted in my vagina with a disposable razor head. i am getting abdominal pains and last night had really bad diarrohia. Does anyone think that i should seek help, or let nature take it course. I am petrified of going in to a & e as they all seem to know me throught the overdoses. i am really stuck as to what to do. I want help to change but I am soooooooo scared

• 4 months later...

I can't ring the Samaritans cos I am one and it's just weird...

Hi,

i dont think that is wierd as long as you dont get put through to someone you work with....try it and see.

hope all goes well for you

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Im Jennie and was diagnosed with BPD in september.

I struggle alot with suicidal feelings but just feel that i cant ring the samaritans - so the txt thing is a good idea....i kinda think that there r people worse than me so that i dont deserve to seek help.

sorry mind gone blank now....