Mental Health Forums

Weight Loss

gingernut

I think you are doing it the better way Ginger, I wish I could keep up with your exercise regime. I am skiing in 3.5 weeks time and I am just so so unfit and being back at work means it is dark when I leave :(

I am trying to do some lunchtime walking though :) I am feeling fat now after just eaten dinner but it was all healthy and very low fat.

Just in case anyone likes cheese spread, the weight watchers cheese spread triangles are lovely...well I think they are and are just half a point each (27 calories and low fat).

I might join Weight watchers tomorrow...but...I have been saying the same thing every Tuesday for months now :huh:

Oh well, happy eating and exercising healthily everyone :D

Jane

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i've lost 4 pounds so far...I haven't been able to do more exercise but my feeling toward food has changed. I'm being more intuitive towards what I feel like eating...I feel bloated just thinking of eating food I know doesn't really agree with me so I haven't been wanting it, thankfully that tends to be refined and fattening foods. I'm needing comfort foods and so far it's going well. Only a few stones to go!!

I haven't cut out the caffiene yet but I have stopped the teaspoon of sugar together with my sweeteners and that helps.

Drinking lots of water helps too...4 pints a day!

Hello all,

Today I jogged for 16 minutes and 30 minutes walk/jog in total. Not as good as before, tomorrow I may push myself and get it upto 20 minutes non-stop. I did nearly 2 and a half miles and burnt off 215 calories which still isnt enough considering the portion size I eat for dinner. I am snacking on raisins and drinking alot of water.

Innerpeace dont you find it quite hard to drink that amount of water? 4 pounds is great, imagine what it will be when you feel fit enough to do some exericise minus the injuries.

Jt you can join weight watchers online if you dont fancy attending all the meetings.

I really need to sort out my diet as I think I am still eating way too much for the amount of exercise I do.

Ginger

ginger well done with the exercise, please keep posting what you are doing as it is making me closer to starting something more energectic than dog wlking.

i did play badmington on monday night which i really enjoyed.

looking forard to sundays weigh in, i have NEARLY finished tht xmas chocs so i'll be glad when they are out of the way.

iv'e changed my diet a bit, most nights i have a jacket potatoe with either tuna mayo or cottage cheese with fresh chillies, cucumber and onions. i find it really tasty.

i picked this up from weight watchers a coiuple of years ago when i lost 2 stone. yes i've put that back on now, but IT'S COMING BACK OFF!!

good luck everyone else

lloydy

Gosh, I am losing everything today GRrrrr!

Good news about weight loss though, I have followed the weight watchers points system this week and I weighed in at 10 stone 9 pounds today (for non brits - that is 149 pounds)...that was pre breakfast. I am pleased at that as this was my weight prior to my holiday...2 weeks of no egg nog and cookies has removed that 5lbs that I gained in the US, mind you I have stopped eating a lot more than that.

Anyway, this has inspired me...I am off for a walk in a minute :-)

Keep at it you all sound like you are doing a good job. Losing weight is never easy and there will always be weeks when weight loss is not as good as we hope but keep at it. You are all doing fab, i wish i had the motivation at the minute to join you all, hopefully soon i will find the motivation needed to get this weight shifted.

Well done to all you trying xxxx

Can I join you lot? I'm having my mirt. dose reduced next month, so I wanna lose the weight I've put on!! A bit of moral support never hurts!

This is not an exclusive club Vicky...you and anyone else can join and leave whenever you would like. :-) Just post away :-)

IP - 4lbs sounds good to me even if you have taken a small detour, at least it is moving. If I can lose an average of 1lb a week then I would reach my target weight in about 16 or 17 weeks...that would make me more than happy.

Nutty, maybe this thread might help you find some motivation, I thought it would be good if we could total up each members weight loss for specific weeks and post the total BPDW weight lost each week. You are going through a difficult time at the moment though so, don't worry too much about your motivation, it will come when it is ready.

This is not an exclusive club Vicky...you and anyone else can join and leave whenever you would like. :-) Just post away :-)

IP - 4lbs sounds good to me even if you have taken a small detour, at least it is moving. If I can lose an average of 1lb a week then I would reach my target weight in about 16 or 17 weeks...that would make me more than happy.

Nutty, maybe this thread might help you find some motivation, I thought it would be good if we could total up each members weight loss for specific weeks and post the total BPDW weight lost each week. You are going through a difficult time at the moment though so, don't worry too much about your motivation, it will come when it is ready.

ive lost one pound this week!

hi all, well done to those that have lost something for this last week and don't give up to anyone who didn't manage.

well, i am afraid to say that i stayed the same this week , that is 16st 1lb. im a bit dissappointed but not all toghter suprised as a last i have finished the xmas choccys.

trouble is, i have now been given a load for my birthday, oh well, i will keep trying

good luck to you all

lloydy

hey ginger, where is your posting??

hi all, well done to those that have lost something for this last week and don't give up to anyone who didn't manage.

well, i am afraid to say that i stayed the same this week , that is 16st 1lb. im a bit dissappointed but not all toghter suprised as a last i have finished the xmas choccys.

trouble is, i have now been given a load for my birthday, oh well, i will keep trying

good luck to you all

lloydy

hey ginger, where is your posting??

I got really drunk this weekend, went away 4 pounds lighter, came back 5 and a half punds heavier. Altogether gained one and a half pounds due to drinking probably about 40 units of alcohol. I think that was a rough underestimation and Im drinking another 11 units so far tonight so yippee.

Get another motivator as I am not stepping up until this life is sorted. I demote myself as not worthy.

Good luck you guys

Ginger

RIGHT MRS GINGER, i have know appointed myself as YOUR motivator.

come on lady, so you have had a bad week on the scales but that is not a problem. you have done such an amazing job to date, just the response to this thread speaks for it self.

you have truly motivated me and i even did a 10 cycleride yesterday and am hoping to do it again tomorrow.

come on girl, please dont give

all the best

lloydy

Oh dear, I have Lloydy on my tail now. The motivator is beign motivated. Will cut down on my comfort eating tomorrow again. One bad weekend shouldnt be a reason to give up.

Lloydy now that you have nagged me, you better be prepared to be nagged too.

Ginger

well done ginger, thats the spirit!

i'm hardly one to speak as my birthday chocolate is disapearing very fast, i'm sure thats its a false ecomony but the sooner i eat it the better.

walked 3.5 miles today and cycled 10 miles yesterday and i thank YOU for that so come on lady lets both set a target of loosing 1lb for this week. I KNOW we can do that if we try

happy jogging

lloydy

hi all, looks like that i'm the first person on the scales today and i have lost 2lbs.

i delighted with that as i have still eaten plenty of naughty stuff, but i have started doing some exercise.

that puts me now at 15 st 13 lbs (225lbs) now aiming for 15st 7lb!!!!

ginger come on you have got to keep this going as you have inspired so many of us

good luck all

lloydy

Well Done Lloydy...sorry I missed this post on Sunday. :(

I got on the scales and well I was horrified...after losing the weight that I gained on holiday in 2 weeks, I weighed in on Sunday one pound heavier. I had eaten so well through the week I just could not understand it...well in good panicking fashion, I took a swift wee and that resolved the weight gain, so, feeling slightly happier, I stayed level in the end :blush: 10 stone 9 pounds, keep your fingers crossed for me this week as I am going to continue with my strict regime and hopefully I shall see the rewards that I expected on Sunday.

hey well done for the effort jt

my fingers are crossed for you.

i'm trying to eat sensibly but its a mates birthday today and we are going out for a curry, oh well, the diet starts again tomorrow

good luck

lloydy

Oh dear, thought i'd better 'fess up; im bucking the trend, have gained 3lbs in past 2 weeks. I know ive been overeating; combo of winter, booze, new meds and laziness has done for me! Definately eating more which not necessarily bad if i eat the right stuff like fruit and veg, which I havnt been doing.

Will try harder, as cant afford not to fit into these new clothes I bought!

Well done all those who are losing weight and exercising; me back on the straight and narrow tomorrow

rebeccaborderline

I would like to join in.

I just got out of the hospital last week and before I went in I had lost 10 pounds in about a week on Cymbalta.

And suprisingly I haven't gained any of it back.

Although I do want to lose about 20 pounds more.

I'm a vegetarian, so that tends to help.

hi metoyou, i was put on to cymbalta as an effort to stop the weight piling on and it worked but now i am also on olazapine which encourages wieght gain. still good diet and exercise and i hope to get the weight off slowly but surely

good luck

lloydy

I was doing ok putting weight on, was up to 9 stone 10 and a quarter pounds, but now I've dropped back to 9 stone 9 lbs after stupidly riding my bike; I've a feeling that someone is going to be very disappointed in me.

strat

Archived