Mental Health Forums

Weight Loss

gingernut

Hello,

Glad this thread is still up and running and at the moment I am more of a fly by night fixture Jane. Sorry about all the inconsistency of my being.

I havent weighed myself for weeks and have been eating like a horse so doubtful there is any weight loss. However I have started playing squash again which is fun for me.

Anyway Take care all and keep losing that weight you lot.

Ginger

As long as you are having fun Ginger that is all that matters....take care :)

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

Glad this thread is still up and running and at the moment I am more of a fly by night fixture Jane. Sorry about all the inconsistency of my being.

I havent weighed myself for weeks and have been eating like a horse so doubtful there is any weight loss. However I have started playing squash again which is fun for me.

Anyway Take care all and keep losing that weight you lot.

Ginger

As long as you are having fun Ginger that is all that matters....take care :)

how did that hot date go inner peace?!!xx

Very hot thanks Ivy!! He booked a hotel for Sat night in London on lastiminute.com and it turned out to be a luxury Victorian style hotel...was all perfect! I haven't had so much fun for years and I'm discovering myself!

Sorry folks...I'm a bit off topic there!

hi all weight loss STILL 222lbs 15st 12lb so havnt lost anything AGAIN this week. well at least i didnt put anything on i suppose

good luck to any one else trying

ps. i am still determined to loose a stone!

lloydy

Well, this morning I weighed in at 10 stone 10 pounds ..... 150 pounds for non brits. I have joined weight watchers now...my weigh in on Wednesday put me at 10 stone 13.5 pounds :o ... oh well...I will still battle with it.

Lloydy, keep going it will start moving again if you continue to be good.

Jane :)

ooops, letting the side down, gained 3lbs. Been on a bit of a cream-cake binge, but will try harder this week....

On a positive note, tomorrow I go to my first Tae Kwon Do class, to see if I want to sign up. Initial outlay is quite a lot, £65 for clothes etc, but its actually good value, and every month £20 or £30 for classes, which I can afford I think. Its also 2 bus rides away, in the dark (scary), but I really want to give it a go, I think it will be really good for me to make the effort. Heres the website (its UK country-wide) if anyones interested;

http://www.tkdpower.com/main.asp

good luck to everyone

rebeccaborderline

I could be talking bollocks but isnt there a medication to help?one where you still have to follow a diet,reducing your fat intake but it apparently helps,was going to ask gp tomorrow but Id be grateful if someone could enlighten me.

I really need to lose weight,I will soon be looking after two children undr the age of two and that requires much more energy than I have at present.Its my daughters 18th birthday in May and I do not want to be the huge blob hiding in the corner.

Patricia

hi all, sorry for the late posting but things have been a bit hectic.

well i finally lost 1lb after 3 weeks of nothing happening, that puts me at 221lb = 15st 11lb

that means that i've lost 7lb, 1/2 stone since jan 1st. i'm pleased over-all but frustrated that it is happening so slowly. i want to loose another 1 1/2 stone!

becs, dont worry about the 3lb gain, sounds like what you are planning on doing is fantastic. when you stop and think about it, just finding the courage/motivation to consider joining a class is a major step forward. so well done you. let us know how it goes!!

paddy, so what did your doc say about weight loss tablets? i asked my consultant last week and he told me that there is no magic tablet. he said that my meds will encourage weight gain as they increase my appetite. he said that basically it is all down to the amount of calories taken in compared to the amount of calories burnt.

i'd be interested to hear if you were told anything different.

good luck and keep trying folks

lloydy

Hi Lloydy,

Well done on your pound loss. :) I am not stopping I just forgot to weigh myself on Sunday...I have joined Weight Watchers now...I am running higher there as it is later in the day and after I have eaten...last wednesday I was 10 stone 13 pounds and I had lost just 0.5 pounds in the week...this week I feel I am fat everywhere, so I think I am going to have put weight on again. We shall see tomorrow.

Good luck to you Lloydy...I hope you next pound comes off easier.

Jane

Well done guys! I really need to lose weight, plan to join a gym and this thread is motivating me to do so!

Keep up the hard work!

Tory x

There was stuff in media a few months ago, theres been a breakthrough in anti-weight gain medication they believe, which is now in the later stages of development but will still take a couple years to come to market, if approved.

Er, didnt go to tae kwon do this week, furniture moving instead, but next week, honest!

Everybody seems to be either losing weight or gaining motivation to do so, its great. Whoo-hoo!

rebeccaborderline

hi all, lost another 1lb this week, im frustrated that it is so slow but considering the meds i supose that i shouldnt complain

now 220 lb i think that is 15st 10lb?

good luck to any one trying

take care'

lloydy

hi all, hey where are all the other posts guys, dont give up on this.

well i have had a bad week but the way i feel i dont really care. i have put on 3 lb so thats back up to 15st 13lb or 223lbs

i've got it off before and i WILL do it again

good luck any one else trying

lloydy

hi all, i know that i'm talking to myself but never mind.

i lost 1lb this week so thats 15st 12lb 222 lbs

good luck if anyone else is trying

lloydy

hi all, i know that i'm talking to myself but never mind.

i lost 1lb this week so thats 15st 12lb 222 lbs

good luck if anyone else is trying

lloydy

Well done Lloydy...firstly for losing another pound and secondly for keeping this thread alive. I did not manage to weigh myself this morning, but, I now go to weight watchers every wednesday. I am struggling to lose weight...I lost quickly after Christmas but then went skiing and put it back on and now it is coming off by just half a pound a week.

I weighed 10 stone 10.5 pounds at last wednesday at the weigh in...it is slow going and now I am feeling stuffed as after having a good day I have just shovelled down two bowls of fruit and cream mixture and the mixture was not healthy :( never mind...I am paying the price I feel sick now...serves my self right for being greedy.

Good luck this week Lloydy and I will post again on Wednesday evening :)

Take care, Jane

hi jane, thanks for posting, and well done for going to weight watchers, 1/2 lb lost is better than 1/2 gained

good luck with your weigh in on wednesday

david

For the last year or so I have been doing weight watchers I have lost 65 pounds, 3.5 stone. I feel so much better, I am no longer taking meds and I exercise most days. I still have some ways to go but I know I am not going back. Sure there are still issues.

Starving yourself is not a good thing to do, fad diets dont work either. Be sensible. If you have any questions please feel free to email me at Anastmosis@aol.com

Well done RunnyWabbit...and well done Patricia. I went to weight watchers today...I had put one pound on :( I am struggling to lose weight at the moment, I think I am going to have to really focus and write down my points each day.

Good luck Patricia...Wabbit, I hope you are either maintaining well or losing as you want to.

Jane

hi all, wow this great that we have some more posting so good luck to you all.

i have changed my weigh in to thursday morning to co-inside with you jane.

well i have no idea where it went but i have lost 3 lb this week, so that is 219 lbs 15st 9lb. desperate to get to 15st dead!

take care

lloydy

My weigh in is on Tuesday,Ive really tuned into the whole points thing now,and for some unknown reason I feel in really good form,enjoying the extra exercise,enjoying the food,generally feeling more alive than I have in yonks.

Patricia

My weigh in is on Tuesday,Ive really tuned into the whole points thing now,and for some unknown reason I feel in really good form,enjoying the extra exercise,enjoying the food,generally feeling more alive than I have in yonks.

Patricia

Fantastic.....we should share some low point food ideas :)

...and Lloydy...3lbs...congratulations...that is a great amout to lose...it must help you feel better and even more determined to carry on losing :)

I have lost 7lbs,half a fucking stone(sorry,bad language),I cant believe I even had the courage to go to weightwatchers,I know its unrealistic to expect this every week but its a good start and I hope to continue to do so.

Patricia

wow paddy, WELL DONE, thats an amazing start.

i havent lost anything this week but i'm quite happy as i lost 3lbs last week and i was worried that it was going to go straight back on.

219lbs 15st 9lbs ( i am so looking forward to getting this 9 lbs off!!!!)

good luck any one else trying to loose

lloydy

wow paddy, WELL DONE, thats an amazing start.

i havent lost anything this week but i'm quite happy as i lost 3lbs last week and i was worried that it was going to go straight back on.

219lbs 15st 9lbs ( i am so looking forward to getting this 9 lbs off!!!!)

good luck any one else trying to loose

lloydy

thanks llyody,I have a long way to go but feeling very positive,the points system is working well for me,Im out walking for longer and longer periods of time,generally feeling much better emotionally too.

Good luck with the 9lbs,you can do it!

Patricia

Archived