Mental Health Forums

Weight Loss

gingernut

I gained 4pounds last week

could possibly be cos was on nights, and lived on toast, chocolate and cheesey chips all week

(I think praps its cos I've become big boned overnight...... lol)

hopefully will do better this week - see my gp next weds - she is trying to lose weight too and we are having a race - suspect shes not really trying in order to make me feel better...... would be even worse then if she does better than me!!!

been swimming 4 times this week so far tho

and eating rabbit food (lettuce!!!) and other salady kind of things

I fear creme eggs may overtake my good intentions tho,

still never mind, If I'm fatter this month in theory surely can lose it again next month and that will look really good then sort of in a kind of wierd way

will shut up rambling now- - clearly its the low blood sugar thats doing it.....

Z

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wanted to mention that there is an anti obesity drug available,its called xenical,my gp give me a prescription for it today but only if I attend their weight reduction clinic,as far as Im concerned anything is worth a go and maybe all this weighing in at weightwatchers and doctors might be an added incentive.

Patricia

xenical can have some nasty side effects tho.

To me its really a form of aversion therapy as much as clinically effective drug, eat a really fatty meal and you will know exactly what I mean - very loose fatty stools - expelled at speed - repeatedly oh and wicked gas too from partial fermentation of what is left behind.

Also did the GP mention that long term use can lead to a depletion of the fat soluable vitamins in the body? and what supplementation or diet changes would be need when ?

Zarah if you need some help then I am more than happy to give you ideas and guidance etc, but I would actually ask your GP for a dietitian referral (who can do exactly what I do but is in the NHS and will have other options available like function tests etc should they be needed) anyway because a good one can be really helpful.

If you like food and cooking then actually you have an advantage because you can make low calorie food interesting.

Did I mention I am a nutrition professional - but I am not a dietitian, I work for a private consultancy, so I do have an idea of how to help -

Dont worry about short term setbacks, working nights is hard to adjust to, as is changing to a sustainable lifestyle rather than crashing it off - but actually once you get going it can be really habitual to do either.

I put another 1.5 pounds on this week :mellow: and I had been so strict too... I was disappointed, but, good luck and well done to everyone who has lost weight...especially you Patricia :)

I put another 1.5 pounds on this week :mellow: and I had been so strict too... I was disappointed, but, good luck and well done to everyone who has lost weight...especially you Patricia :)

I have a huge way to go but we will see.

Patricia

Everyone seems to be doing well or really trying so well done! I have a friend who has joined weight watchers and shes doing well. I cannot diet properly though however hard i try but i have reduced what i eat and today joined a gym!!! Have been doing some work outs at home to.

I dont seem to be losing any weight at all, guess i will just have to try for longer! Could do with losing half my body weight lol!

Tory x

Everyone seems to be doing well or really trying so well done! I have a friend who has joined weight watchers and shes doing well. I cannot diet properly though however hard i try but i have reduced what i eat and today joined a gym!!! Have been doing some work outs at home to.

I dont seem to be losing any weight at all, guess i will just have to try for longer! Could do with losing half my body weight lol!

Tory x

I have lost another 1pound and a half,a very importent half,have still been doing the points thing but its that time of the month when I am both a mentalist and dying to eat.

Jane,dont be giving up,I bet you lose several pounds in one go.

Patricia

you were right Patricia...I lost 2 pounds this week, that did bring a sigh of relief from me...I have been so so strict though this week. Well done of your 1.5 pounds off too...you are doing fantastic...keep it up.

Tory - good luck with the gym, I admire you for joining...I could never do that.

well done you guys for loosing some pounds.

i have put 3 lb on this week, i can only blame myself and those bloody easter eggs.

not feeling too motivated at the minute but i'm not giving up

good luck one and all

lloydy

well done you guys for loosing some pounds.

i have put 3 lb on this week, i can only blame myself and those bloody easter eggs.

not feeling too motivated at the minute but i'm not giving up

good luck one and all

lloydy

Just how dare those Easter Eggs jump into your mouth :P start again tomorrow Lloydy...we all deserve a break every once in a while :) lets roll on next week.

hey

when I started onb my last placement I jumped on the scales as there better then mine at home. And I got back on at the end of placement and was happy to see I have lost 6lbs!!

size 12 here I come!

natx

hey

when I started onb my last placement I jumped on the scales as there better then mine at home. And I got back on at the end of placement and was happy to see I have lost 6lbs!!

size 12 here I come!

natx

I am aiming to get back to 12's too...still well into 14's at the moment though :(

It was a nice surprise for you though :)

yeah i went from a 20 to 28 then 16 just getting into 14s now

Wow...that is some change...well done, you must be pleased with your size reduction...was it a medical problem that caused you to go so big? it doesn't matter what size we are though really as long as we are happy with where we are. How did you lose, or start losing your weight?

argh it wasnt ment to be 28 it was ment to be 18 lol

I thought that was some going...both ways...20 - 28, but, I did meet someone who had a problem digesting proteins and he was just huge...25+ stones. (350+ lbs for our friends across the big pond)

You have still done well. :)

Ive lost another 4lbs,just another million to go,finding it very tempting to eat less and less,gives me a buzz better than alcohol.

Patricia

Thats fantastic Patricia...I am dreading weighing in tomorrow...I know that I have put on weight...I am buzy eating Fruities as I type...they are better than senakot :P

Keep going...you are doing great...just don't go into starvation mode.

Jane x

I have now lost 14.5lbs,not bad for a month,know that inevitably the weight loss will slow down but enjoying my ability not to graze all day long.

Patricia

Hi All,

I was so impressed by your weight losses that I couldn't help but reply to congratulation you all, I am morbidly obese and spent all of last year dieting, in total losing 5 stone over the year, going from 22stone 12pound to 17stone 11pound, it was difficult and I had bouts of not eating at all, some of them lasting 2 weeks, but now it's all gone to pot, not sure whether it's my meds or what but I crave food and in particular chocolate all the time. I am on peroxotene 40mg a day and seroquel 100mg a day, has anyone else had probs with these meds, if not would appreciate any advice on over coming my cravings, I used to drink quite heavily but have now managed to cut that out.

Thanks and good luck all

Sarah

Skyler,I think a lot of meds can mess about with how you eat and why,its worth mentioning to your doc.

It sounds like you went on a crash diet,not eating at all is dangerous but very tempting.I am obese also but hopefully in a while I wont be.I have always had issues with food,losing 6 stones in 3 months putting it all back on and then more!Sometimes I worry that maybe this is just another form of self injury,my hubbie has already warned me about excessive dieting but right now its giving me a huge buzz.

Well done for everyone who is losing and good luck to everyone else!

i am trying but not too good at dieting and i am excercising more and dieting most of time but doesnt seem to be having much of an effect!

Skyler i am sure you will get back on track again, try not to get to down about going off track a bit and just concentrate on getting back on track!

Well done for weight loss so far!

Tory x

Jeepers look what happens while I am slacking on the whole weight front, you lot are doing brilliantly. Is it ok If I come back and start again?

I have weighed myself yesterday and I weigh 13 stone 5 pounds which is 3 pounds more than the original weigh in.

I went for a 30 minute jog today , well 15 minutes non-stop and then walking/jogging combination for the next 15 minutes. I really need to concentrate on this as I have been drinking excessively again and have been letting everything go including my mood.

So sorry for leaving you guys

Ginger

Nice to see you back Ginger.

Been walking too,hopefully it will help with the weight loss and generally feeling better.

Next weigh in for me tomorrow,have my heart set on having lost 20lb by my birthday(12 days away)

Patricia

Archived