Mental Health Forums

Obsessions With People

gingerwoman

I never split my obsessions, and they always end up fading out over time, but i always remember them fondly.

And i usually genuinely care about their well-being.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gingerwoman

• bjw

• orlath

• icu_baby

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I get obsessed with people all the time, had a bit of an obsession about my t, have stopped seeing her now but still think about her a lot and have googled her etc, scary eh?

I don't know if it qualifies as an obsession, though I do recognize it's a little ridiculous. I had a month-long relationship with a girl three years ago and still feel after shocks from it. It took me months to realize I couldn't salvage it. I found a blog of hers and check it pretty regularly to see what she's up to because she won't recognize I exist. It's pathetic. I've never really done this with anybody else...

I don't know if it qualifies as an obsession, though I do recognize it's a little ridiculous. I had a month-long relationship with a girl three years ago and still feel after shocks from it. It took me months to realize I couldn't salvage it. I found a blog of hers and check it pretty regularly to see what she's up to because she won't recognize I exist. It's pathetic. I've never really done this with anybody else...

I have finally decided to bite the bullet and go to a counselor and confess that I am a ***. It's so hard because it is SO unacceptable. I am really afraid to confess this to anyone in real life, but I just can't seem to stop on my own. I'll be so sure I am stopping and over it but I start again like a drug addict.

The counselor said a secret is confidential unless myself or someone else is "at risk of harm" well I have never physically hurt anyone it isn't about that. He said such mean things to me and I can't seem to let go of the pain and anger over that. He claims to have gone to the police about my sending him too many emails, but they never contact me. I doubt they are interested because I don't make threats. Just don't stop writing to him even when he doesn't reply. He is not innocent. He has a mean streak a mile wide. But that just makes me feel "justified" and has prolonged this stupidity. If that makes any sense.

re the other people here who say they check blogs and facebook etc... the new technology really promotes stalking. Even people a lot more mentally healthy than us check their exboyfriend's facebook now and then etc...

I thought I was the only one! Had a month long relationship (exactly one month long, to the day) several months back and am still messed up from it. It's completely unfair because I know what a complete shit they were, and yet still have jealous, paranoid, obsessive thoughts over them.

In fact, I think I could cope with the rest of the borderline shit if that one thing would just GO AWAY.

I obsess with people who show me the least bit of attention and stay far away from people who i feel hostility coming from them.

I can pick up emotions very easily and if someone show's me good emotions i latch on to it and become obsessed and or jealous which depresses me no end, then if i get close to them i'm not interested.

It's difficult to overcome and it can be all consuming, it's definately something that will take time to change.

We need to train ourselves to focus on the good things in our life because obsessions are not healthy, i'm not quite sure how to do this though.....

Blue

Archived