Mental Health Forums

O-c Traits - How Am I Thought To Be Affected -

Miko

The psychiatrist who was belligerent towards me about the crippling side-effects of my recent meds has had a good effect on the consultants that are considering my early retirement request from my job (I don't get a letter from them for another six weeks though).

She didn't say anything about O-C traits to me but evidently wrote to people about it and as I say the results may be to my material benefit. But with her being belligerent what impact will her thinking have on my actual health care whic h I am determined to continue to access and which I am determined shall remain of a beneficial kind to my actual health. Meantime the CPN has suggested a care programme approach. Shall I put on the CPA form, one of my ambitions is to have a less belligerent psychiatrist?

In terms of apparent obsession I wonder if it is perseveration she (the psychiatrist) sees which stems from my having an incomplete mental picture of an issue hence I cannot identify action elements, adversely impacting initiative taking and meantime if she tries to get me talking about it I just 'bang on' nonsensically about it.

The remedy obviously is I have to ensure more of the right sort of people are in my life to give me realistic, all-round viewpoints on situations enabling me to identify constructive actions to progress the situation.

Can any of you assess my hopes of getting the psychiatrist to become less belligerent? Maybe the changes happening in my life mean I will no longer need to sample any more antidepressants (four different kinds didn't suit me so far, and due to official ideas about dosages I will probably never know whether this was due to the nature of the drugs altogether or only dosage related - I get a feeling that in a lot of cases - NOT by any means all cases though - the prescribed doses are grossly excessive leading to billions of pounds in NHS waste yearly, which touches onto another topic ...)

I think your present psychiatrist did you a favor by allowing you to get benefits (if I understood you correctly)!

As to the letter--I would imagine you have the right to ask to be assigned to another doctor. Personally I wouldn't use the word "belligerent" about her (even tho she may well be) because it would only offend her--she probably doesn't see herself as being belligerent or obnoxious!!

I think instead I would request a new psychiatrist by simply saying that you don't feel that you and your present doctor "click" and that you would like to try a new pdoc with whom you might be more comfortable--have more in common with, or whatever. Does that make sense?

Anyway, good luck and let us know what happens!! :)

Hugs,

Patti

Archived