Mental Health Forums

Has My Sister Got Ocd Or Is It Attention Seeking!

cassie25

Hi ive just found this site and am hoping that someone may be able to give me some advice, my sister has been though quite alot this year, and myself and family have all been their for her, but about 5 months ago she started to lose lots of weight and then she told me that she was making herself sick, this seemed to be the start of it, we thought that shed stoped and then she would do really strange things like waving her hand at odd times, this went on for about 2 weeks then it changed to saying only joking after everything she said as you can imagine this got very irritating, anyway for the last 3 weeks she has been spitting in toilet roll and leaving it everywhere it makes me feel quite sick, she said she has to do it, she said 1 spit is because she loves her mum 1 for her family and 1 for her boyfriend, I dont understand any of this, and the worst part is that i had to help my mum tidy her room while she went out coz she refused to tidy it, this was not just untidy there were sick patches on the floor, bed everywhere, you couldn't see the carpet, dirty clothes food that had been there for well a long time they were growing, she said that she cant touch or throw anything away, coz of germs, we found diet pills but also loads of chocolate? i dont know anymore my mum has tried to help her in every way but cant cope with it, while tidy her room we found a suicide note, at this point my mum cried like ive never seen before. she been to see a councilor but it doesn't seem to help.

Could she have ocd, can it turn on and off, and change from week to week??? I just want my sister back.

Im sorry to hear this, it must be hard to deal with.

Im not a doctor but it sounds to me like she at least has some OCD traits and an eating disorder. You sounded confused about finding chocolate but also throw up. Sounds like bulimia, with bulimia people have binges sometimes but they throw it up and they sometimes also go through stages of severe dieting.

I don´t think this is attention seeking but if it is, it is I think a serious cry for help. It sounds like she is not doing well at all.

I think the thing to do is to get her help. Is she underaged? Then you can arrange it for her, if not you will have to try to convince her to get help.

See will need to see her GP and he can refer her to a mental health team.

Lilly

Archived