Mental Health Forums

Prozac

Tray

i think this itchyness ect is the side effect from the tabs, and i cant take it...

i itch all over, and i am covered in bruises, i look like i have been beat up...

also i have no motivation at all now, i wont go out unless i really have to, i am becoming agrophobic, and i hate it

i dont feel like my feelings are able to, well feel...

i have been on them about 5months, felt crap to start, then after a few months felt fantastic, but the last month or so, i just feel shit basically...

anyone got advice?

It sounds like you're allergic to Prozac

*one quick surf later*

Yup, Itchy rashes are listed as an allergic reaction to Prozac on Netdoctor.co.uk - (scroll down)

Best to consult the doctor, sooner rather than later, if it is an allergy it might get worse. You probably already know this but, don't stop the prozac suddenly on your own or there's a chance you'll feel even crapper than you currently do. The Doctor will know if there's an alternative anti-d you can take straight away.

hiya,

yea i did a search, something about the toxins getting to high in the liver, its the bruising thats worrying me...i have to see my cpn on fri, so wait til then and tell her...

and i know about the coming off slowely, been there done that brought the t-shirt :lol:

not a good experiance

its a shame cause i thought i had finally found something that suited me!crap...

its now a question of what to try next...have tried loads in the past...i hate changing meds, makes me feel horrid for ages, but still, better than feeling SI

thanx again

Yeah unexplained bruising is pretty worrying cos that involves the circulatory system so something is definitely wrong in there... don't leave it too long before you see the doc, I don't think CPN's can prescribe, or can they?

Don't lose faith in anti-d's tho, if one works for you chances are another one of the same ilk will as in my case.

I have to switch between Zoloft and Cipramil at intervals.

i dont think my cpn can do anything, but was hoping she could have a word with my pdoc, see what he says...

dont think my regular gp will do anything cause its been handed over to the MH team, might give the MH a call thou, see what they think

thanx NV

x

and i have just bit the bullet and phoned them...spoke to a very nice man who said to call my gp, and if they dont feel comfy changing my meds to call my pdoc and explain...

so i will be doing just that soon...

I have had a very good affect of prozac I've been on 60mg of it since I was 16 im almost 19 now and it really does stabilise my low moods. It does sound like you've had an allergic reaction try a different ant d medication I heard zoloft ( sertraline ) is good but I didn't get on with it but it depends on every person individually any update?

i have been feeling loads better on the prozac as well, aparet from the last two weeks, felt a bit off

i have tried loads, and these did seem to suit me, untill i have started looking like a big rash and bruise!!! and like i have flea's cause i cant stop itchin

cant get in to see my gp till mon, so i have decieded to cut the dose in half till then, so i shouldnt withdraw from it, have to see my cpn friday, so gona see if i can get her to call my pdoc and have a word

thanx guys

• 2 months later...

i started fluoxetine a few days ago and i feel really, bloated, nauseous and burpy. am i supposed to put on weight with prozac.???

I don't think so unless anorexia is one of your symptoms... but weight gain is a reported side effect. It's my understanding that in the short term SSRIs typically suppress appetite and then in the long term people who take them can gain weight but that's because anorexia has been one of their symptoms and/or they're generally reaping the anticipated benefits of the drugs and are better able to eat for whatever reason, but hey I think it's always important to remember that every body is different.

The side effects you describe at the moment sound fairly common, but I'd say to seek further medical advice if you're troubled too much by them. :) It's early days yet, but hopefully it'll settle down for you fairly soon.

hmmm, i lost weight when i started the prozac?

guess everone different

im still on my meds holiday after the above reaction, i gota go back thu, and hopefully get summat else to try b4 i lose the plot completely :blink:

hi tray, i hope you can find an alternative med but t does sound like your having a reaction to the prozac, so coming off it is a good idea... i was on setraline for 11 years and that was good but ive had to come off it cos my meds are making my thyroid worse. good luck hon, hugs, blue x

been on the prozac for a week think now... and am hopeful..things seem to be changing already. got the itches but everything else seems not to be so much of a problem now.

hope it doesnt make me fatter tho!

Archived