Mental Health Forums

Duloxetine

coastalbaby

After the first twop weeks of this drug, I came down with tonsillitis. Followed by a throat infection. Followed by a constant sore throat. I've been on the drug for 2 months now and my throat is very sore still. Could this be related to the AD?

it could be...my ex hubby is on some new meds, they told him to watch for a severe sore throat as it means he's havin a reaction to it, and its lowering his white cell count,

have you told your dr about it? might be worth getting blood tests? could be just a coinincidence that you have devoloped a throat infection at the same time as startin it

im on this med, never saw anything of that side effect in the list what comes wiht your med. i sufferd quezzyness and travel sickness for a week or two. but it still good to speak to doc about it. what dosage have you started on? i started on 30mg and then went up to 60 and now im on 120mg of it and when i went up on it i never sufferd anymore side effects.

Started on 60. Used it a couple of years ago, which is a good job as my GP didn't seem to have a clue about what dose to prescribe. I've looked on the manufacturers web site and throat infection is listed there. I've actually been feeling so ill this w/e with it, I'm thinking of taking the day off work tomorrow and going to see the nurse.

Triage nurse got me an appointment to see a doctor. He'd not heard of that as a side-effect but they've done some blood tests. Odd how it really hurts and yet he couldn't find anything wrong.

• 4 weeks later...

Took this when admitted to hospital. When i left took bloods and discovered it affected my potassium and sodium levels. So now written on front of file DO NOT GIVE!

• 1 month later...

If you look on the bit off advice paper that comes with the pills it says as a side effect , throat infections.I have been on this drug for 2 years now and cant get off it due to the horrondous withdrawl effects.Worse drug ever,wish I never went on it.Doctors dont tell you this when they give it to you.People are now sueing the drug company because of it. :o

• 3 months later...

I have been on this med for a long time aswell (coming up 2 years).

I did not get any side effects.

Still on it...

• 2 weeks later...

hi all,

thanks to you above who gave some info on this drug. i am currently just been upped from 75 to 150 effexor, but not sure i want to go this route- had unpleasant effects from effexor b4, and was actually off anti-d's for 6 months until recently, for the first time in 10 years.\

i dont know if they even work- but i did have a rotten spring, so asked to go back on.- effexor they picked.

however i am switching back to my gp, as i dont really need the psych service. as i am an ex addict, i get councelling twice a week, ad have a very approachable support network- drs nurses councellors, day trips etc, oh and massage and acupuncture. i am so grateful for their suppoet.

but my psych is cold, mean spirited, and dissmissive. and rude. (theres some pretty black and white thinking!)

so going back to my gp, who will write whatever anti d i ask- most usually. i get on well with him, have been his patient for 12 years.

is this med any good, overall? does it cause any weight gain? (this is why i wouldnt take mirtazipine), i have just 'tamed ' (for the mo.,) an eating disorder and have a 'healthy bmi'. im trying my best to not let food run and ruin my life.

is it a little speedy, a little sedating, or none?

id really appreciate any imput. for once i am chasing 'getting better' and think i could get significantly better if i put the work in.( yeah, hope! me? lol. but i do have hope :) i would prefer a good med for bpd and depression/anxiety.

has anyone tried wellbutrin? found ir good or bad? or any others- feel free to pm me.

coastalbaby, sounds like your catching just about everything..maybe its the side effect either. sounds horrible- sorry. or maybe it lowers your immuse defense. i hope you are feeling better now coastal.

everyone but angels seem to have had bad effects on the duloxtine . app for bpd patients a really high dose is needed... same w effexor - 450mg! i have neer been abobv 300, and my nerves were like tuning forks after taking it. the dose for this one is rec at 140mg a day-to be built up to weekly.

hope you find somethin that 'suits you' better.

regards

anne marie

I loved effoxor but had to come off due to blood pressure problems. Mirtazepine has been a wondeful med for me, it helps me sleep and is just excellent. I have put on weight though but I think if you watch what you eat your ok.

sunx

I have been told i am not allowed more than 60mg of duoloxetine.

Have not tried effoxer, and mirtazepine was awful. I was sleeping all day and had a heavy head and felt like i was drunk. Sort of a zombie fied state.

But everyone is different.......

thanks sunshine bear and angel for your info.

im just reading reading readng about these 3 meds- if to stay on effexor- or go on dulouxitine, or wellbutrin. i believe wellbutrin is good if added to the

more sedating anti depressants. it apparantly gives you a chemical 'lift; - like for someone like me who will lie around all day on certain meds- also a side effect is weight loss- moving more and less hungry- plus no sexual side effects, in fact many drs give it to ppl with sexual dysfunction due to an anti-d as a supplementary pill to avoid these side effects.

id be a skinny horny chick with a clean house lol :)

not in relationship, nor do i want one tho, they trigger me terribly. im gonna die alone with cats for company :D

well, i do actually have some hope of 'getting on top of my feelings, impulses and actions' - so maybe then? :wub:

cheers all

peace

anne marie

Archived