Mental Health Forums

Pharmacists

Mole

I get my medication fortnightly;

I don't know why, but they always seem a bit hostile.

They put it in a big paper bag - which i instantly rip open and put the boxes of tabs in various pockets.

Yup its for patient confidentiality reasons, for your own privacy.

And yup have experienced that hostility towards me from a pharmacist but i just give them attitude back :)

Yup its for patient confidentiality reasons, for your own privacy.

And yup have experienced that hostility towards me from a pharmacist but i just give them attitude back :)

Yep, too right.

I'd be a pharmacist too, if i could add up to 14

• 4 weeks later...

I doubt they're hostile, probably just pissed off that they've done a 4 year degree in one of the most advanced areas of medicine and spend their 9-5 lives in a poxy pharmacy counting tablets and putting sticky labels on boxes.

Depends as well what you're picking up too, whenever I pick up a 3 month script for clonazepam = 468 .5mg tablets I always get a funny look. It's a shame I need them haha, Clonazepam's got a street value of £3 a tab - 468 x £3 = £1,404 haha.

can you go to a different pharmacist, there is a few next to each other where I live and I always go to one particular one as they are a bit nicer to me?

Depends as well what you're picking up too, whenever I pick up a 3 month script for clonazepam = 468 .5mg tablets I always get a funny look. It's a shame I need them haha, Clonazepam's got a street value of £3 a tab - 468 x £3 = £1,404 haha.

LOL what does clonazepam do yo you? you could well be rolling in the cash if you didnt need them..... pretend you lost them :)

LOL what does clonazepam do yo you? you could well be rolling in the cash if you didnt need them..... pretend you lost them :)

Clonazepam, literally Diazepam x10. Longer acting benzo

• 2 weeks later...

I hate my local pharmacist with a passion and now take a bus ride to use a different one. When I first came out of hospital my gp would only prescribe me 7 effexor at a time, but I couldn't afford a weekly prescription. He arranged with the relief pharmacist for me to go in every week and collect 7 pills from one monthly prescription so i'd only have to pay once. When i went in the pharmacist shouted at me in front of the whole shop that the prescription was wrong and my gp shouldn't have arranged it. Like that was my fault? I ran off crying and went without pills for a while. He must have realised that i was only allowed it weekly because i was suicidal yet he made me feel like crap. Unfortunately he still had my prescription and i had to go back there for the remainder of the month. He tutted and sighed loudly whenever i went in. I've had some lovely dreams of putting a brick through his window. :)

My pharmacist has always been pleasant to me, but they have stuffed up lots of times on my prescriptions and have let me walk out with more than one pack or a 100 pack of paracetamol (I am blister packed weekly). I am like mole... I get mine in a paper bag.

My pharmacist has always been pleasant to me, but they have stuffed up lots of times on my prescriptions and have let me walk out with more than one pack or a 100 pack of paracetamol (I am blister packed weekly). I am like mole... I get mine in a paper bag.

Yes, bloody annoying walking around with a paper bag, I usually take along a plastic bag to put them in.

Why can't they put them in bottles - like they use to.

I doubt they're hostile, probably just pissed off that they've done a 4 year degree in one of the most advanced areas of medicine and spend their 9-5 lives in a poxy pharmacy counting tablets and putting sticky labels on boxes.

Do you know many pharmacists?

How do you know clonazepam has a street value of £3/tab?

All the pharmacists I have had contact with have been brillliant. They have been supportive, informative and pleasant.

Yes, I can't recall having any unfortunate run ins with pharmacists either.

An old mate of mine ( who I try and avoid ) buys valium on the black market

He pays 75 pence for a 5ml tab - he's always wasted.

Archived