Mental Health Forums

Could This Be Ocd?

d42mcy

Recently I've started having some odd cognitions.

I've started realising I spent a lot of thinking of embarasing things or things I regret from the past and then when i do this I swear or insult myself under my breath (allthough sometimes internally). For example I'll be at work and will end up thinking of 'event x' where I got too drunk and made a fool of myself (this happens quite a lot) and then will say something like "your such a fucking prick". I can't control what I say but its allways abusive. Another similar thing thats been happening is that when im in a social situation with either someone I don't know very well or for some other reason it feels a bit awkward I get a very strong desire to either kiss them (in a sexual way rather than a peck on the cheek) or say "I love you". This can be to males or females (I am 100% sure I am straight I am male and have never previously wanted to kiss a man). This is nearly allways at work when someone I don't know well is explaining something to me and obviously i am worried I will do one of these things but fortunately so far Ive been able to resist these odd urges.

Could this be OCD?

Yep. I do that too - I re- live embarasing events and might mumble some abuse at myself.

i use to worry about having the urge to do something out of character - but it's gone away now.

I think it's a bit of Anxiety.

• 2 weeks later...

I totally know how you feel about odd urges. I get them too, including the one about kissing someone or saying I love you. However I suffer with "urges" such as I'm going to murder a loved one! It sounds real bad but I've just been diagnosed with obsessive thoughts and supposedly thats all they are and I will never act upon them, (Thank god!!!)

I'll bet your urges are the same thing.

Hey

I do this alot to. i think its could be down to low self esteem etc. I dont think its OCD behavouir, do you have any professional help you could discuss this with?

sunshinex

oh my god thought i was the only one other day i went to the doc and he gave me a prescription for diazepam my mate waited for me in waitin room wen i came out i said very loudly he has given me fuckin valium wen i got home i was like am a dickhead bet he heard me in waitin room i then couldnt stop slagging myself off lol i have had urges to kiss ppl to and only acted on it a few times then i slag myself off for doin it lol maybe am just crazy lol

Archived