Mental Health Forums

Bad Feelings When Doing Things.

james25

i have this big problem that takes up a lot of my time each day from when i wake up to when i go to bed. it doesnt matter what im doing i feel like i'm doing it for a bad reason even though i'm not. i have to really think before i do anything. if i go to do something and i have a bad thought then whatever i thought i feel thats the reason i wanted to do the thing when it isnt the reason at all. i'm sorry if this sounds confusing. this is all based on mainly one thing but i'm not ready to go into details yet. is this just part of ocd? i just want to be myself and do what i want to do without having to think all the time or not do things. thanks for any advice.

Sorry mate I'm not really sure I quite understand. I know you don't want to go into details but could you give a little bit of an example?

I know you posted this a couple of days ago but is it still a problem for you? If it is then let us know if you want to talk about it. Hope you feel good soon.

Sounds like it could be a part of OCD to me.

Do you have help with this?? It must be so hard for you, I feel for you.

I have read a book that really helped me maybe something for you to look into its called. The imp of the mind. By Lee baer.

Lilly

hi both, thanks for your replys. an example would be, say you want to watch a film, i would choose a film and then think and feel like i want to watch the film for a bad reason but thats just one example. today i tried to put a new facia on my phone and i couldnt even do that without having these thoughts pestering me. its horrible. the only help i have with this is from my fiancee because i cant talk to anyone else. i have a psychiatrist appointment coming up so i am going to talk to them about it. i've thought about reading a book. i think i'll give that a try. thanks for the advice.

Oh ok I understand now. I'll bet Lilly is right, it will be OCD related. No doubt your psychiatrist will confirm it and help you get it sorted, you'll be on top of it in no time. Let us know how things go mate.

Archived