Mental Health Forums

Sorry To Bother

denise24

Hay, I havent been diagnosed with ocd only the eupd. But, I do things like ill read some thing like say on a bottle, then ill have to count all the words, then ill feel that isnt good enough so ill count all the letters, then ill feel THAT isnt good enough, and go through count the words, letters and full stops. I could sit and do it for ages. I get obsessive thoughts about being hated too, and hating myself. Ummmmm, I go round straightening things up, not everything I see, only if I clock something.... ill try ignore it but if the urge is that bad ill have to straighten it. Like now, i can see a remote on the table at an angle and im dying to move it!!!

hey

Never say sorry for posting that how the forum runs.

You do sound like you have OCD traits, but that could just be how you are. What would happen if you didnt put things straight or if you didnt count the numbers or letters etc?

Do you have any support at the moment?

sunshinex

i have OCD traits, but it doesnt really interfere with my everyday life much, i have odd number obsessions... i have to make everythin be an odd number, regardless how,m it just has to be odd, also have to have certain things in the fridge/cupboards ect, its just my way...

i know the world wont end if i dont do it, but i dont feel 'right' unless i do do it...

I cant not do it, if I try ignore it, i feel dead fidgitty to the point I have to move it or count the letters etc...

I have support for emotionally unstable personality, but the people who support me are never round!?

• 1 month later...

Hey Denise,

You're definitely not alone in this department. No doctor has ever diagnosed me with OCD either.....and I've often wondered whether it was because he/she would know that I'd obsess over having the diagnosis? But, everyone that knows me, tells me that I have OCD. Mine issue is not with counting, like your's, but straightening things so that they're not crooked....what you said about the tv or vcr control. I fold my clothes more perfectly that you could imagine ( and align them of course ) - just as an example. Oh, I even fold my dirty laundry before putting it in a hamper. I'm also super clean and organized, not to the point of germophobia and excessive hand washing though. It shows in almost every aspect of my life. Every woman that I've dated has been uncomfortable about the fact that my place is cleaner than theirs. It doesn't really bother me when it's someone else's stuff, or home, just mine.

Archived