Mental Health Forums

Effexor And Zisprin

Shellybelly

hi

im on effexor and zisprin the effexor caused me insomnia and racing thoughts well added to already racing thoughts

and made me unable to get to sleep and then when i would id have seriously horrible nightmares and was totally and

completly shattered all the time so was making me more irratable and down as had no energy so then last week got put on zisprin

and thats causes the racing thoughts to not be as bad kinda calming them down and makes me sleep but that means i want to sleep

continally im just always wanting to sleep im yawning alot plus i was told last week i have low blood pressure and never had before

went on meds but now with zisprin my thoughts just after take them before sleep and when wake up my thoughs are slow but still lots

and making me think on them cause there so slow im not sure if i like slow thought rather then racing..

i get light headed and dizzy a good few times but now i know thats from blood pressure

the sleep ok yeah i need to sleep but one making me sleep loads and the other wont let me so how can get happy medium

plus mood is still really low it has kinda improved i know but still bad

oh and side effect of zisprin is weight gain and i have issues on this i just started eating with eating disorder and dont wanna start over eating

and getting any fatter does this side effect really happen

oh and i cant sit still either since been on effexor.. told doc this but said its ok and i get really shaky hand and heart racing at times too

but my doc said thats anxiety but never had before meds so anyone had anything similar

anyone else have experience with these?

Mickey,

I have recently started on Effexor and I am really suffering with isomnia. I do notice the racing heart every once in awhile, but nothing major. I took 37.5mg for 7 days and today is my third dose at 75mg. I just started to feel a bit of a lift on my mood. It's noticable, but I'm hoping for more...

im on 225mg of effexor and 15mg of zisprin

yeah the racing heart doesnt be major but it get annoying at night or sitting still

not that i can sit still have to be movin all the time..

and yeah the effexor does cause insomnia tiel id say that to your doc now and get something to help

unless you find some sleep technique to work for you cause i had problem with that part

Effexor didn't suit me in the end but I was on it for about a 18 months. I had the racing thoughts, insomnia and nightmares. It did lift my mood but in the end my mood swings went out of control.

Archived