Mental Health Forums

Ocd And Concentration

Mole

I've noticed that I get OCD more when my concentration is bad - when my mind wanders

If I can remember switching off the fire and the cooker and locking the door, as I walk down the stairs, then the OCD will stop.

OCD is certainly serious

I remember when I was 21, I was working for a lift company in Bournemouth - I had travelled to Dorchester to sevice a Goods lift in a shop.

During the Service I was on the top floor and sent the lift car away and then with a special Key opened the landing door - the lift car stopped between floors - so I could maintain the door opening gear.

Whilst doing this I dropped a spanner down the lift shaft - now althought i'd swtched the lift off and it was impossible for even an adult to climb into the shaft, while i went to the ground floor to retrieve the spanner - i'd left the landing door open.

When I got home it worried me - and it wouldn't stop worrying me !

The following week I was off work with Bronchitis, but I couldn't rest - I leapt on my Motorbike and went to Dorchester -I got to the shop and searched the lift shaft - just in case.

I've been fighting OCD for over 20 years now - I feel i'm a Soldier at War with my own mind - I will use anything I have to, to win - including illicit Drugs

Lots of cuddles and waterfalls and ponies for you :)

I'm sorry you have that many MH isssues, you're a great guy though. You're unique :)

my ocd sometimes means im in auto pilot doing everything in exactly the same way so i dont think im using concentration too much at the time, apart from counting in my head, which i feel i also do automatically, can be very dangerous as ill be unaware of surroundings

ocd sucks :(

Lots of cuddles and waterfalls and ponies for you :)

I'm sorry you have that many MH isssues, you're a great guy though. You're unique :)

thanks rain, I don't think i'll ever WIN

But i'll never give in....

my ocd sometimes means im in auto pilot doing everything in exactly the same way so i dont think im using concentration too much at the time, apart from counting in my head, which i feel i also do automatically, can be very dangerous as ill be unaware of surroundings

ocd sucks :(

That's interesting - I don't count, but I catch myself repeating words in my head

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived