Mental Health Forums

Seroquel

Tray

and i a bit... ooh eer about taking them.,..

the shrink says to take one prn when i need to, two a day tops, they 25mg ones

when do i know i need to take them, i mean, how bad does the thoughts have to get?

im sat here in teasr right now, feeling so alone thinking, but im so use to it, so do i take one now?

will it knock me out tho? i need to study, clean, start tea, do stuff... i cant if im on me arse can i...

also worried bout weight gain, i have been loosin it steadly, dont want it all goin back on

i dont know what to do for the best...

When i first started on seroquel it made me extremely drowsy. When it had been increased to the higher dosage (200mg) 100mg am and 100mg pm i ended up taking it all at night! It really helps getting me off to sleep as sleeping is a big issue for me. The psychiatrist wanted me to try taking it am and pm again but it just made me drowsy and i have been taking it for a whille now. He then added an extra 50mg(25=25) to take when i needed to as i got worst. Again, like you he says when i am getting worst but how do you know? I sometimes know the signs but not always.

Sorry, waffled on a bit!

Sharonx

hiya, thanx for the reply

yea thats what i am thinking, how do i know when i am sooo bad i need summat to help me?

i really dont wana try one today cause i have friends coming round tonite, but i need to know how drowsy it makes me cause i work, i can imagine fallin asleep at me desk!

in my job, i need to be alert and focused...or at least awake and conscious lol

i think what i will do, is wait til tomoz, and i get bad thoughts again, and take one straight away c how it affects me, cause i dont work on a fri, that way if i drop asleep in the kitchen it wont matter <_<

its scary tho, i mean im takin anti psycotics for fuks sake, how did i get here???

but i know i need them, suppose thats a start eh?

take care x

hey :)

They made me really really drowsey too, i would not reccomend ever taking them in the morning.. i was taking 250mg, took it, and tried to go to work.. did not work all that well >.<

as for how bad does it have to get ... i think thoughts like *i cant cope with this* or really strong urgers do do something dustructive, and knowing self soothing and distraction will not help... then take them

hope you get on okay with them x x x

and i a bit... ooh eer about taking them.,..

the shrink says to take one prn when i need to, two a day tops, they 25mg ones

when do i know i need to take them, i mean, how bad does the thoughts have to get?

im sat here in teasr right now, feeling so alone thinking, but im so use to it, so do i take one now?

will it knock me out tho? i need to study, clean, start tea, do stuff... i cant if im on me arse can i...

also worried bout weight gain, i have been loosin it steadly, dont want it all goin back on

i dont know what to do for the best...

hi my black country wench, fuck me girl, i dont know what to say just do what you think is right for you. keep lucid enough to do your uni stuff and please take care of yourself xxx jonny :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

thanx guys

yea jonny, i will try and stay safe, i guess i just gota be sensible with them

god if i take one everytime i feel a blip i'll get throu a packet a day at the mo!!!

im sure i will figure them out for the best x

I just got put on this myself today, 50mg once in morning and at night, I took one about 2pm and fell asleep for about 6 hours, so I'll be taking them at night now! My cpn told me if they made me sleepy, just to take both doses at bedtime anyhow...I've noticed after just one dose, it seems to have calmed me down quite a bit, calmed the racing thoughts etc; I hope it works well for you, take care.

well they have knocked me on me arse!

took one bout midnite and went to sleep...and sleep...and sleep...

got up a few times for the loo, finally dragged meself out bed bout 10 am, have managed to do one load of washin, and read emails... been back asleep on sofa, feel totally numb...which is good, but im so tired!!!

defo not taking them of a morn b4 work!, i suppose the sleepiness gets easier as i get use to them...

im still in me pjs, and i will be staying in them!gona try eat summat without falling back to sleep, and then i might have a nap lol

• 3 weeks later...

I just got put on this myself today, 50mg once in morning and at night, I took one about 2pm and fell asleep for about 6 hours, so I'll be taking them at night now! My cpn told me if they made me sleepy, just to take both doses at bedtime anyhow...I've noticed after just one dose, it seems to have calmed me down quite a bit, calmed the racing thoughts etc; I hope it works well for you, take care.

Just wondering if anyone has had the opposite effect with this because my dose has just been upped from 200 mg a day to 500mg a day. I am restless mood all over the place and I cannot sleep. I actually feel really bad and voices and things are there that shouldn't are not going away.

Hi I have just me off seroquel. I was on it for over a year and had to take it at night coz it knocked me out and then I had a hangover effect in the morning. I hated them. They kind of kept me calm and took the edge off my anger. Im sure they are right and helpful for some people but not for me

Im on these, i was on 200mg, 100mg 2 times a day. But they uped them to 300mg a day..... They knock me out totally x

I'm on 200mg pm, was 100mg am and 100mg pm but was very drowsy during day! Have extra 50mg when i feel i need it!!

Sharonx

hey im on seroquel at first they knocked me out but longer itake them more used to them i get, for hour or so each morn you struggle to stay awake but it gets better

Im currently on seroquel 300mg a day.Firstly this med is a antipsycotic and not a antidepresent, so has to be taken on a regular basis,when you first start to take them they do knock you out for up to 12 hours,so take them at night,an hour or two before you plan on going to bed and make sure that you set an alarm to wake you up if you have to be up for a set time,when the alarm goes off get out of bed,otherwise you will end up falling back asleep,you may feel drowsy for an hour or two after you wake up,but that may be dependant on dose amounts,I would not take them in the morning though as I did once when I missed taking meds the night before and I felt like the walking dead all day.Ive now been on 300mg for 7 months.I try to go to bed between 12-1am and my alarm goes off at 7.30am so by 8-8.30am im totally awake and functioning,Ive had to limit my internet usage otherwise im still up when when the sun comes up,so i think alot of it is about making a routine and trying to stick to it! but maybe it has something to do with dosage as im on 12 times your sugested dosage.also I was told that I might gain weight,at first i lost 1/2 a stone,but have now gone back to my original weight.anywho good luck and hope they help!

• 2 months later...

I'm on day three on seroquel and i love how the anxiety has disappeared. It's such a release. I'm very drowsy though. My head aches a little and I have a sore throat and very stuffy nose. It's great at night because I sleep well, but I'm not so sure about taking it on a morning. I tried to go shopping yesterday and just couldn't choose anything. It's a really weird feeling because I still crave food but can't be bothered to binge. I want to exercise to combat the weight gain side effect, but i really don't feel steady enough on my feet to do anything. I hope that part of it wears off.

• 2 months later...

Hi all.... :blink:

Having read your posts... While having been within the system since i was 15 years old, I am now 40, have had many different types of meds, all with various degrees of side affects and none that worked however. Myself being on Quetiepine, started off on 2x 150mg per day and after the first month, the side affects were severe - from severe ear-ache, muscle stiffness, fast heart beat, dizzyness, trembles and face/mouth movements. I asked my doctor to reduce the level to the following: 3 x 25mg twice daily and so far the difference is a vast improvement....still get the dizzy spells, or the shakes now and again, but the majority of the side affects have gone.

Although I disagree with the intitial diagnoses of my Psychiatrist (what makes me angry and its laughable at the same time, is that each time I see a different Pyschiatrist, the diagnoses differs to each doc...) When I was 15 they said I was schizoid, thats despite having tried multiple para-suicide attempts. And from there my diagnoses has been from clinical depression to manic depression, to dythymia, to that of paranoid personality disorder to that of boarderline schizophrenia...not one Psychiatrist agrees on what is wrong.

What I can say for sure is that my current medication is working, with having tried most of the med's on the market, each with their own set of side affects, having had one shot of ECT..and being sectioned when I was 18 going on 19. You must give the medication a chance to work.....please try to allow a reasonable amount of time for the meds to work. Some such as Prozac etc do have a severe reaction to many people - me included, some must be veiwed with extreme care, but still allow for time, and talk to your care team or doctor. Ask or even plead for a lesser dossage if your not coping with your current one...keep trying various levels of dossage, or medications.

To all...have a good Christmas, and take it easy.... cheers.

I've been on it nearly three months now. The only side effect, if indeed that's what it is, is that I don't feel emotions very strongly anymore, except anger, and that isn't as bad as it was. I tend to just float through one day to the next and I'm still sleeping for very long periods. It's fantastic not having the anxiety but I still really struggle with motivation. However, there have been a lot of stressors recently which would have completely sent me over the top in the past, and I've been able to deal with them due to the seroquel. Like most medication it isn't perfect so i have to weigh up the pros and cons. I've had a rough couple of weeks where i've wanted to come off them and also felt like i have a short fuse again, but this might be down to me taking the whole dose at night, rather than splitting it into morning and evening doses. What i felt as a need to feel emotion again might actually have been the start of a depressive episode, so now i'm trying to take it at set times, and the same with my anti depressant.

The wanting to throw myself in front of driving cars every 5 minutes part of my illness has gone. Haven't been self-harming either. Want off it though, therapy's my path of choice.

Archived