Mental Health Forums

Changes

seafree

9,810 registered members

On this site. Volunteers who dedicate a huge amount of time to keeping it safe, resolving arguments, giving online support, being there when we are in distress. An owner who has to resolve to ploughing money in from his own pocket to keep it running, this owner who has dedicated his LIFE to this site, so people with not only BPD but other mental health problems have a sanctuary, somewhere to turn to when they are in the depths of despair.

This site does more for us than i have words for, i cant even write down every service that BPD World provides and yet nobody is willing to part with a quid to raise money for it? To give something back.

Im bloody pissed off! I fully appreciate that many people do not have any money, but im sure if everyone looked down the side of their sofa, or in the bottom of a handbag, or on the floor of a toilet on drunken night out, you could find 10p.

Now who is going to sponsor me.

I've parted with £72 as a deposit for a tandem skydive to raise money for this site. Think about it, every person reading this- would you be able to do without it? But its not looking as though i'll be able to do it because i cant raise enough.

Come on people!!! What is with that!

You might not know me, but we are all familiar with Joshua, we all NEED this forum. You aren't donating to me, you are donating to keeping this forum going and services BPD world provides.

I will read the responses to this post tomorrow evening, and if there are still no sponsors. Then i am going to throw a tantrum. In fact i have no idea what i'll do, but i'll make you all feel horribly guilty! :P

Please.

PLEASE.

My email address is lu_bennett@hotmail.com

EMAIL ME!

I have a paypal account too. Postal orders, cash, 10p at the bottom of an envelope. Whatever. Just please, give something back.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joshua

• Kelliemanic

• sunshine_bear

• Carole

I cant say i dont agree but i feel you will meet many defensive people in response to your post.

I even made it so that people could help us out without even giving up cash they may not have. YOUR THE ONLY ONE WHO REPLIED!

Thanks Lou

Hi

You would have seen the posts over the last couple of weeks requesting your support either financially or through volunteering to do some work for us. I have become increasingly frustrated at how this place seems to have become some where people take for granted with a lack of regard for what effort really goes into this place. A member has recently stated that she will be throwing herself out of a plane to support us but has received no response for people willing to sponsor her.

You will see the number of volunteers who work on these forums and also behind the scenes, we all work round the clock to ensure this place remains safe and supported.

The time has come where something must change, we are not receiving the donations we require to keep going and i am no longer able to afford the complete costs of this organisation.

Its with great sadness it has come to a stage where we have to introduce a system where members are required to provide some kind of support to us in return for what we give you. As per any community each and every person must contribute for it to sustain its self.

I hope you will all understand the reasons for why we have had to take such measures.

For more information on the changes that have been made please visit http://www.bpdworld.org/whyaccount.html

as soon as i get myself through this breakdown i will help i promise.. no good to anyone atm so sorry

hey i said id sponsor lou as there is no way id jump out of a plane and good on her!!!! errr yeah i forgot to mention she has a parachute and all oops!!

tis a shame its come to this....

I am a bit annoyed of restriction on my account as i gave a donation of £20 not long ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharon

Anyone who has made a donation recently can email us the reference number or details and their account will be upgraded accordingly.

You know... I understand that you are very passionate about what your doing and I think it's great!!!

But, the way that your coming off in this post is not great....

My individual story is this....

I make what is considered excellent money here in the states, but you know what.... I am BROKE. I have not been to the store in about 2 months, why???.... because I don't have the money. I feel guilty spending money on food because I just don't have it.

I came here tonight hoping to feel a little bit better after being extremely depressed all day. I slept the day away again, because when I'm awake it seems all I do is fight thoughts of suicide. Then when I do get up and come here hoping for some support, a place that won't judge me, a place that I can actually express what I feel.... and what I get is a guilt trip. That's just what I needed, so thank you.

I went ahead and signed up to be a member after reading Josh's recent thread.... I just put $61 on my paypal credit card knowing that when the bill comes I will regret it.

I can't even afford mental health care. My insurance is a high deductable meaning that after I spend $2,650.00 out of my own pocket that my insurance will actually start paying. This means that I can't afford therapy which I so desperately need. I can barely afford my monthly visit to the pdoc and the prescriptions that come with it. After a visit on Thursday my doc actually told me that "this is what I would like to prescribe for you, but since your insurance won't cover it, I'll give you this..."

One thing that feeds my depression is just this...BILLS. In one month this is what it comes to:

Car insurance- $122.05

Mortgage- $835.00

Gas bill- $97.00 (yes even during summer)

Car payment- $412.66

Internet, phone, and cable- $198.00

Utilities- $65.00

School loan- $54.66

Electric bill- $65.00

Minimums on credit debt- $181

So just bills is $2030.37 a month

Now lets not forget FOOD, GAS for car, Dr. visits, prescriptions, pet food, etc, etc, etc.

I am single. I don't have a spouse or anyone to contribute to my monthly payments. It all falls on me.

So please go ahead and put the guilt on... I have so much money that I don't know what to do with it all..................................

After I post this, I will sign up to be a sponsor for the 3rd time. I hope this helps a little. As for Jess and her sky dive, I will send her some money tomorrow also. Thoughts and thanks go to all of you. A small amount of money is such a small price to pay for a place like this. Thanks again, and best of luck for recieving some more support.

Peace, Lance

um... WTF???

so what your restricting our accounts so we cant get any support until we give you money???

yeah.. i can understand why you need money to keep this site up and running.. but HELL

by doing this it also mean not many people will get support when they need it, and most people cant get in to reply to posts to support them!

this is goin to cause soo much shit

this is one way to get rid of members :lol:

yeah im been completly bpd right now but wtf i can afford subsciption to here so cant post crisis and

right now im fucked up and wanna be dead wishing i was but fuck it im broke cant afford anytrhing

so once again the porr get poorer and the risch get riched yipeeeeee i screwed no help no siuppport no

nothing at a time i decide open up everywhere closes down great fuck you shell no one cares :(

tiell over you have my backing i got nothing either and cant support either so the guilt trip really just help me feel more shit about me

THANKS GUYS

I understand your frustration. I hope you get a bunch of responses. This site is saving my life right now. I just emailed you.

[get ready guilt doesn't work on everyone...lol...don't let it bother you]

ftw man

:)

look not many people have money. and yeah josh said that there are other ways to contrubite blah blah blah

but i know SEVERAL people who have tried to contrubute by doing other stuff, like volentaring but GOT TURNED DOWN CAUSE THEY ARE TOO UNSTABLE! wtf is that all about huh???

if you actually do this shit how will people be able to help this site when they dont get support so they can be more stable?

this is just fucked up guys, you arnt even that supportive tbh. this site used to be great, a place to hang out, meet new people GET SUPPORT

now its a wreak, losts of people have already left it because of all this shit, its now causing more bad that good.

this is A LOAD OF FUCKEN CRAP and guess what... i can tell you that for free

Oh dear, things really have gone tits up since I went away..

....good job I'm back..

:lol:

Seriously though.. Book sales not going as well as you'd hoped Josh?

:rolleyes:

*waits for ban*

K.

I was a bit wary about sponsoring you because i don't know you. I get quite paranoid about stuff like that. I used to subscribe to another forum though so don't object to paying a small amount to help keep this place up and running. It's just that I have what my doctor calls ''chronic lack of motivation'' and i call laziness lol, so I'd never got round to it, but i will do now. I can't volunteer because my moods are all over the place at the moment.

I'll have to wait til the end of the week to donate though or i'll get stung for overdraft fees.

Edit: Actually, sod that! I'm falling back into the old habit of feeling guilty and not being able to say no, but kellie's post has made me see sense. If i can afford it i will donate but to be perfectly honest it has to come quite far down on my list of priorities. i've got debt collectors sending me letters on a daily basis at the moment. Jess perhaps you should have canvassed the forum for their opinion before booking the sky dive, then you would have known how many donations you were going to get.

And wouldn't some of the money raised from the bpd world conference help towards the site?

If feel this is important:

9,810 registered members

and?

On this site. Volunteers who dedicate a huge amount of time to keeping it safe, resolving arguments, giving online support, being there when we are in distress.

Good for them! I am a single mother with a child... we all have jobs... what's your point?

An owner who has to resolve to ploughing money in from his own pocket to keep it running, this owner who has dedicated his LIFE to this site, so people with not only BPD but other mental health problems have a sanctuary, somewhere to turn to when they are in the depths of despair.

Lol... what a nice post to read when people are in the depths of despair.

YOU ARE MISERABLE AND SUFFERING AND EVERYTHING IS GOING WRONG - NOW SPONSOR ME YOU HEARTLESS BASTARDS..

That'll work.

This site does more for us than i have words for, i cant even write down every service that BPD World provides and yet nobody is willing to part with a quid to raise money for it? To give something back.

No.. personally I'm not prepared to part with a quid so you can hurl yourself out of a plane when I can't even afford TOILET PAPER ...

Im bloody pissed off! I fully appreciate that many people do not have any money, but im sure if everyone looked down the side of their sofa, or in the bottom of a handbag, or on the floor of a toilet on drunken night out, you could find 10p.

I already have found 10p down the back of the sofa... i put it together with the pennies in my change tin and the money i found in my bedroom to buy a pint of milk with so my daughter could have a cup of milk... I don't give a shit how pissed off you are lady... my money is going on supporting myself and my child. Charity begins at home.

Now who is going to sponsor me.

With your attitude?..

I've parted with £72 as a deposit for a tandem skydive to raise money for this site. Think about it, every person reading this- would you be able to do without it? But its not looking as though i'll be able to do it because i cant raise enough.

I could say sooo much right now... you spent £72 on a skydive??... where the hell do you get off telling people that don't even have 72p let alone £72 to give you money??????

Come on people!!! What is with that!

You might not know me, but we are all familiar with Joshua, we all NEED this forum. You aren't donating to me, you are donating to keeping this forum going and services BPD world provides.

Yes, we're ALL familiar with Joshua... :rolleyes:

I will read the responses to this post tomorrow evening, and if there are still no sponsors. Then i am going to throw a tantrum. In fact i have no idea what i'll do, but i'll make you all feel horribly guilty!

THEN you're going to throw a tantrum?? If this isn't one already jesus the christ I don't want to see what your idea of one is.

You know when word gets round that BPDWorld the registered mental CHARITY is basically bullying people into donating and ostracising people already suffering emotionally and financially into giving money... and then letting other members post on the forums trying to angrily wrench more money out of people it's really not going to do the BPDWorld's reputation very good.

I would seriously reconsider.

Surely it would have been kinder to give a few days notice of this change? There will be people who have posted in some of the restricted forums, asking for help, who are now unable to get back in there to read their replies.

Firstly, I didn't even know Lou was doing a skydive

Secondly, what about the members who can't afford to contribute? That have no job and no income? Are you saying they don't deserve to get any support anymore?!

Thirdly, how is cutting people off from the support they need and demanding payment going to be beneficial to anyone? Like Blue said, she'll contribute when she's through her breakdown - it's not very understanding of you, is it Josh?

You are going to lose a lot of members doing this and a lot of support for people that really need it... It's not just the users that are taking things for granted it seems.

You should be ashamed of yourself

I go away for a bit (relationship break-down etc) and I come back to this?

I'm going to get banned for this post, I promise you that.

But I'm not scared or worried. Just sad. Really really sad.

I've always been known on this site for having a bit of a temper.. for sticking my oar in.

I'm well aware of this..

But something has gone very wrong with the BPDWorld forums while I have been away, and I'm concerned.. for all of you.

I KNOW So.. so well just how much some of you need this place. I have needed it too. I have made friends and have had experiences both good and bad...

I understand that some people use this place every day and find great comfort in it.

What I don't understand is why I have come back to a place where people are being asked to part with money and pay to use certain parts of the forum?

I understand that this site relies heavily on donations, but this was never supposed to be about segregating people into 'who can pay for certain "privileges"' and 'who can't'

You can't have it both ways, You either make this site entirely pay-per-view or not.. You can't segregate people like that Joshua...

Not only that.. but if I post something that people find inflammatory it gets taken down quicker than jordans underwear...

Yet obviously (by the fact that it's still there!!) posts which bully and guilt-trip people, people who are already suffering emotionally, mentally, physically, and quite possibly financially into sending money are allowed to remain?..

There are forums, some far more popular than this, which run for people with similar problems that do not do this to it's members..

In the dictionary (google it) Charity is described using words such as: kindliness, consideration, humanity, benignity, sympathy. Since I have been back I have read just three posts... and I don't know... maybe I chose the wrong ones but I saw nothing which could easily be described by those words.

I tried to click on the crisis forums and was directed to this:

Why has my access been restricted?

As with any community it is vital that members contribute to ensure the success of the community. Online communities are no different. Although we would never turn any one away, regardless if they contribute or not, there are benefits for those who decide they would like to help the community. There are 2 main ways of contributing to the community, financially or through giving your time.

I'm really really stunned, and sad, and a little bit worried.

Joshua my dear, these people buy your book, buy your dvd, jump through hoops... what more are you going to ask of them?

:(

Archived