Mental Health Forums

Changes

seafree

and now i'm feeling really shit even though i arrived on this forum in a good mood tonight. i feel guilty for not donating and then i click on the subscription thingy and i haven't got a paypal account and my head is too fried to sort it out right now. i can't even open my mail at the moment and now there's people on here trying to make us all feel bad and i can see there being huge arguments on here in the next few days.

All of us coming on here and posting about bpd aren't just getting support. we're getting the subject of bpd out there for people to see. so we're all helping already.

i think the way this has been handled is really bad.

HELLO!!! BPD TRAIT FEAR OF ABANDONEMENT. So what do you do? Chuck us out of part of the forum. Great idea.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joshua

• Kelliemanic

• sunshine_bear

• Carole

You know when word gets round that BPDWorld the registered mental CHARITY is basically bullying people into donating and ostracising people already suffering emotionally and financially into giving money... and then letting other members post on the forums trying to angrily wrench more money out of people it's really not going to do the BPDWorld's reputation very good.

I would seriously reconsider.

Here, here! After reading Josh's post demanding money from us, I am appalled and disgusted. I come here to support other people more than to get support for myself as I want to be able to do all I can to help. Unfortunately, supporting the site financially isn't something I am in a position to do so not only am I going to be losing out on support, so are many people. Most people on this site are either on benefits or are scraping through life on the little they earn, and so all these demands for cash are pretty out of order.

Lou, I didn't even know you were doing a sponsored skydive and would have HAPPILY sponsored you for your efforts even though I have no income of my own right now. Yes I'm living in Thailand but Mastercard is paying for that privilege, other than that I have no money whatsoever. I'd maxed out my overdraft before I got here and my limit will be shrunk in a matter of days putting me in even more debt.

Today is a VERY dark day for BPD World...

ICING ON THE CAKE:

Benefits of contributing:

* Sense of worth

Thanks for that... everything else I have done in life was all for shit... but now I've given you the money I was going to spend on a tin of beans for my daughters tea and can really say I feel like I'm worth it.

*Gobsmacked*

If feel this is important:

9,810 registered members

and?

On this site. Volunteers who dedicate a huge amount of time to keeping it safe, resolving arguments, giving online support, being there when we are in distress.

Good for them! I am a single mother with a child... we all have jobs... what's your point?

An owner who has to resolve to ploughing money in from his own pocket to keep it running, this owner who has dedicated his LIFE to this site, so people with not only BPD but other mental health problems have a sanctuary, somewhere to turn to when they are in the depths of despair.

Lol... what a nice post to read when people are in the depths of despair.

YOU ARE MISERABLE AND SUFFERING AND EVERYTHING IS GOING WRONG - NOW SPONSOR ME YOU HEARTLESS BASTARDS..

That'll work.

:rolleyes:

This site does more for us than i have words for, i cant even write down every service that BPD World provides and yet nobody is willing to part with a quid to raise money for it? To give something back.

No.. personally I'm not prepared to part with a quid so you can hurl yourself out of a plane when I can't even afford TOILET PAPER ...

Im bloody pissed off! I fully appreciate that many people do not have any money, but im sure if everyone looked down the side of their sofa, or in the bottom of a handbag, or on the floor of a toilet on drunken night out, you could find 10p.

I already have found 10p down the back of the sofa... i put it together with the pennies in my change tin and the money i found in my bedroom to buy a pint of milk with so my daughter could have a cup of milk... I don't give a shit how pissed off you are lady... my money is going on supporting myself and my child. Charity begins at home.

Now who is going to sponsor me.

With your attitude?..

:rolleyes:

I've parted with £72 as a deposit for a tandem skydive to raise money for this site. Think about it, every person reading this- would you be able to do without it? But its not looking as though i'll be able to do it because i cant raise enough.

I could say sooo much right now... you spent £72 on a skydive??... where the hell do you get off telling people that don't even have 72p let alone £72 to give you money??????

Come on people!!! What is with that!

You might not know me, but we are all familiar with Joshua, we all NEED this forum. You aren't donating to me, you are donating to keeping this forum going and services BPD world provides.

Yes, we're ALL familiar with Joshua... :rolleyes:

I will read the responses to this post tomorrow evening, and if there are still no sponsors. Then i am going to throw a tantrum. In fact i have no idea what i'll do, but i'll make you all feel horribly guilty!

THEN you're going to throw a tantrum?? If this isn't one already jesus the christ I don't want to see what your idea of one is.

You know when word gets round that BPDWorld the registered mental CHARITY is basically bullying people into donating and ostracising people already suffering emotionally and financially into giving money... and then letting other members post on the forums trying to angrily wrench more money out of people it's really not going to do the BPDWorld's reputation very good.

I would seriously reconsider.

:lol: :bigarmhug[1]:

I LOVE YOU ALL...

I will fight for what is right for each and every one of you, regardless of how much money you have.

I never give up, I never give in.

This is my gift to you all..

AND IT IS WORTH FAR MORE THAN ANY MONEY I COULD AFFORD TO DONATE TO BPDWORLD.

Benefits of contributing:

* Access to Chat

Oh... the chat function has been taken away from us peasants as well?

I have another awesome money making scheme... you could all sign your souls over to me, and then I could make you pay for all the things you take for granted, like friendship, and sympathy, and love... pay per month for all those things you just take take take... (and I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for that meddling kelliemanic)

oh and josh there are so many other forums out there, that dont expect money from members.

they are made to support people, not to earn money from them

Well, ive been trying to submit my damn payment for the last 5 hours but paypal is having none of it. They had a maintenace downtime earlier, but it's still not loading for me. I have to log in first to change my email. I'll do this tomorrow, it's gone 6 AM now and still no sleep.

These new replies are interesting...

Peace, Lance

My head hurts >.<

Now I don't know what to think. One minute I'm sat here frantically trying to login to PayPal. Next, I'm sat reading these posts agreeing with them.

What do I choooose????

1: Realise that there is more to BPDWorld than just a forum. Sympathize and just contribute as I would normally, regardless of the pledge or not.

2: Think to hell with this, I have my own web space and server hosting, I'll start my own community that runs on freeware forum software.

3: Pulls up a seat, grabs some popcorn, and watches this place tear itself appart with an unholy swarm of conflicting opinions and egos, all believing themselves to be the final words of wisdom.

I smell a flame war... (google it)

Peace, Lance

This is such a bad execution. Apocalypse I tell you, apocalypse...

Gahh, no chatroom either? People gonna be pissed on that one.

I've decided to remain neutral; I won't donate any further money (have done twice already). But I shall also not use the sites resources.

As for other people, daaamn this is going to break friendships, increase enemy count, negative word-of-mouth on these issues will spread like a cancer, members will feel added guilt on top of their many self-issues, many will feel patronized at the hidden message of "you ungrateful gits, after all we've done for you..." disguised as a polite pledge for extra coins, statues will fall, bridges will burn, and most importantly, people will hurt.

But of course, I'm just speaking on behalf of others here. I myself am neatral. I must retire to bed. Ciao.

Peace, Lance

I care and so do lots of others.

Please keep talking to us , we will always listen.

Take care of yourself

xx

Hey the same has happened to me.

I got up this morning and found i am restricted. Only last night was i on chat.

When i noticed i was resteicted i just cried (pathetic i know) but i am so emotional at the moment. Take everything to heart.

I am not very good at replying to other peoples posts but i do give it a go sometimes. But i suppose i have to suffer for that.........

OMG i am feeling really anxious and pathetic right now.

Just found out my services have been restricted, cant afford to donate. The thought of volunterring send me to an emotional mess.

But hey i guess i will just have to put up with it.

And i HATE any sort of conflict. It makes me feel ten times worse.

If you read the post properly you will see that Josh has said many ways of supporting the place, 1 of them being financially. It is interesting that some of you only pick up on this one. All people need is an internet connection - which I assume they have got otherwise wouldnt be on here and 5 mins of time to welcome new members (seeing as they would be on the site anyway), find some email addresses or do something else to help.

Isn't expecting Josh to pay for everything out of his own pocket on top of all the time it takes to run this place too much to ask?

Would you prefer that we did everything for free, no live support, basic chat, less forums anyway because of lack of space or inappropriate advertising that couldnt control, no tickets, no helpline, no support workers, no crisis support, no free counselling..... the list goes on.

So reality is, is giving a few minutes of your time too much to ask?

and there are sites that you cant even see the forums until you have paid..

A big thanks to those that have offered their support already.

and there are sites that you cant even see the forums until you have paid..

yeah well.. there are also lots of other forums , that dont expect people to pay if they cant afford it, they also know that some people arnt strong enough to support others, and why would you wanna welcome new members to all of this??? fighting, arguing, losing friendship no way

not right

i bet you will lose so many members by doing this it will go down from 9000 something (which arnt even active!) t0 like 100 and all the active members (like 200) will go down to 50

oh well shit happens i just hope noone dies out of this

Thank you em for taking the time to reply to us...

Isn't expecting Josh to pay for everything out of his own pocket on top of all the time it takes to run this place too much to ask?

Um excuse me here, but who's forum is this? Who started the forum? Am I having a memory lapse? Was this site my idea?

Would you prefer that we did everything for free, no live support, basic chat, less forums anyway because of lack of space or inappropriate advertising that couldnt control, no tickets, no helpline, no support workers, no crisis support, no free counselling..... the list goes on.

So reality is, is giving a few minutes of your time too much to ask?

I don't remeber asking for these features or signing a contract of some sort.... Why is it now my responsibility to pay for such things?

Why such the attitude as well??? I thought you were here to help. I didn't ask you to come here and give of your time. You decided to do that, so why must you be so harsh?

Give it a rest hopeless. If you dont like it here go back to one or all of the many other places you are at. Dont just stick around for the fight.

The choices are yours to take:

You stick around, remain as you are, utilise the limited access, you havent been banned etc, you use PM's or other sections that ARE available.

You stick around, pay £1 per month (£12 per annum) have full access to all areas of the site as you have previously.

You stick around, become a welcomer, or something else that can help with the site running, giving your time.

or:

You LEAVE, you post on the other forums, that many already are, which you either pay for, are requested to donate to, or you put up with shite adverts etc

Either way, its your choice.

Does it need an argument?

Jess, Can you give some clear instruction on how to sponsor you? Can I sponsor you through a donation to BPD world?

Fairy xxx

The choices are yours to take:

You stick around, remain as you are, utilise the limited access, you havent been banned etc, you use PM's or other sections that ARE available.

You stick around, pay £1 per month (£12 per annum) have full access to all areas of the site as you have previously.

You stick around, become a welcomer, or something else that can help with the site running, giving your time.

or:

You LEAVE, you post on the other forums, that many already are, which you either pay for, are requested to donate to, or you put up with shite adverts etc

Either way, its your choice.

Does it need an argument?

Constructive (Yes)

I'm finding it interesting, that on this thread and others, people are concentrating on what they cannot do (give money), and how that feels.

But, if you look at the introductions forum, lots of people are already welcomers.

You are already doing that job, just let Josh know that you're happy to keep an eye on the newbies, then you have free access to the site.

The reality for you, is nothing will change much.

Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.

Others often talk about other websites and forums that you go to, surely it would be easy to have BPDWorld as a tag line on your messages.

Gawd, I've sat here long enough to realise that many of you are creative geniuses! I'm sure you can think of great ways you can generate donations, and more support for here.

My problem is believing in myself, I believe I'm rubbish. However, Josh is saying that he believes in me - in us - my first impulse was to say hes wrong.

But what if hes right?

I think it comes down to belief. Do you believe the people at BPD World are just tring to make money out of people? Or do you belive this is a charity which cannot afford to function as it did?

Does anyone seriously think the money being asked for is being spent on champagne or some luxury in mind from donations?

Whilst I can understand some people cannot afford to give any money, the implication that money being asked for is not to be used for the reasons given I find astonishing.

Fairy xxx

Archived