Mental Health Forums

Changes

seafree

I think it comes down to belief. Do you believe the people at BPD World are just tring to make money out of people? Or do you belive this is a charity which cannot afford to function as it did?

Does anyone seriously think the money being asked for is being spent on champagne or some luxury in mind from donations?

Whilst I can understand some people cannot afford to give any money, the implication that money being asked for is not to be used for the reasons given I find astonishing.

Fairy xxx

ANy one that thinks that the money donated goes to anything other than keeping this place going needs to just leave, as this is not something i would ever do. If you do not have a little faith in me and my motivations (Which are all sound) then this is not a safe place to be.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joshua

• Kelliemanic

• sunshine_bear

• Carole

Surely it would have been kinder to give a few days notice of this change? There will be people who have posted in some of the restricted forums, asking for help, who are now unable to get back in there to read their replies

I completley agree, i was on here last night and no mention of it

what does a welcomer do? do they just say "welcome to BPDworld, im here if you wanna chat?" or what?

i deeply resent not being able to access my own damn threads and with no warning whatsoever.

fairy i think you can use paypal? :)

i dont think people have got the point of this thread and the other that josh had posted, i have seen so many narrow minded responses, we are actually very lucky toi have tghe services provided on this site and as josh has said much more going on than we see on this site, jess/lou is doing an amazing thing for this site and i feel its inappropriate to be attacking her on her thread, she had mentioned for a while no that she wanted to do a skydive and raise funds for bpdworld and i want to ( as i know others do im not forgetting them) support her in her huge efforts :)

A welcomer pms anyone who chooses them as a welcomer, and generally make newbies feel welcome and help them navigate forums etc etc.

I agree with you Lou, I would go so far to say, it is DISGUSTING to be having a go at her. If you don't want to sponser don't, if you don't want the guilt, don't take it. It's all choices.

Why people have to attack someone for trying to finance the very services they benefit from using, is absolutely beyond me. And please , no one bother trying to explain. I would rather be ignorant about this.

Fairy xxx

if you read the link attached to this thread in joshs posts that explains that josh is actually asking for a £1 a month for those that are saying that theyare broke i guess its about prioritising what you really want, to me if i can use and pay for the internet to access this site if i want to post in crisis etc then in am sure i can pay the pound to be able to.

anyway that isnt the only option to get full access there are otrher ways of helping the site out other than financially,i agree with others replies that people seem to have only focussed on that.

granted this was going to cause some issues but look at the bigger pitcture- noone forced us to join all we are being asked is to help about a bit.....

interesting tho that this has shown peoples true colours :)

The disgusting thing is that no one told us in advance!

It's like I got up today wanting to post in my thread only to discover that I can't access it because no one warned us that this would be happening.

Hello

It’s so nice to see so many responses, especially when my requests for help previous to this have mostly been ignored.

Many have taken this as a shock, and a shock it is. Over the past months I have dealt with the financial issues myself. Working hour after hour of my time to try and enable this place to stay alive. I cannot do this any more, I am a single parent with two children and many jobs I also have responsibilities and duties to.

I agree I could have given you more notice but the truth is BPDWORLD doesn’t have the time. It’s either make or break. I don’t want this place to be like some of the bigger charities that are always under the threat of closure as this creates instability but it is the way in which they survive.

I have asked for you all to give something back, many of you have stated that this place has saved your life and for others it may have just filled some time in that has kept some other stuff off your mind. I am not asking for those who don’t have money to give it, I am asking for all of you to contribute to a community of support. Support is something that I consider two sided. I have heard some of you say well “he set the place up”, “he put the features it has on here”, “I didn’t ask him to”. Well yes that’s true you didn’t I did it because I care for each of you.

I have been there myself and know how it feels to be bpd. I wanted and want to provide the best services round the clock, the services people with bpd cannot seem to get any where else but I cant keep giving in respect of my time and much amount of money when many of you are not willing to do the same

I am asking for fairness, respect, and for you to offer me your support in return for the number of years I have offered you mine.

If you cannot afford anything add the www.bpdworld.org to your signature on other forums, tell your health team about us, get email addresses for our newsletter. There are so many things you can do to help that require very little work or money.

I would hate to see any of you leave over this, if any of you can think of a better way then please tell me I will listen. Many people would have bailed out; I am still here fighting for the existence of BPDWORLD.

Why such the attitude as well??? I thought you were here to help. I didn't ask you to come here and give of your time. You decided to do that, so why must you be so harsh?

People have said about my attitude? I AM PISSED OFF. For weeks Josh has been asking for peoples support, offering different ways, I see him working his arse off everyday, late into the night trying to improve this place and get funding in etc so he doesnt have to put out the posts for help from members, because when he does post anything all he gets is shit. People focus on one thing in the post and run with it. Forgetting the true reason for the post, I have told him to shut the place and its not worth all the stress, he has other things he has to worry about without this place too, but he has always said no, why? because he cares. Communities are two way things, not for some to give give give (time or money) and for everyone else to take.

If we veiw this in the way we do cancer hospices. They are charities, when the patient dies they ask if you can give anything back. If you can, then you do, because what these places do is amazing.

This forum helps keep people alive, yet, when asked for something back, money or time, people examine how gulity this makes them feel, on top of already feeling unwell.

Well the cancer hospices ask for money from the recently bereaved, and yet that is seen as necessary, as indeed it is.

There would never have been a good time for these changes, as we have mental illness. But everything costs, that is a reality.

Fairy xxx

Because Fairy, it's rather like that Catherine Tate sketch, where the woman in the office tries to bully people into donating to charity by making them feel bad. And if Jess has a right to her opinion, then so does everyone else. It looks like she lost her temper and posted. Well some of us have too. What do you expect from people with bpd? Change is scary.

Many have taken this as a shock, and a shock it is. Over the past months I have dealt with the financial issues myself. Working hour after hour of my time to try and enable this place to stay alive. I cannot do this any more, I am a single parent with two children and many jobs I also have responsibilities and duties to.

I agree I could have given you more notice but the truth is BPDWORLD doesn’t have the time. It’s either make or break. I don’t want this place to be like some of the bigger charities that are always under the threat of closure as this creates instability but it is the way in which they survive.

I appreciate that it is a very difficult situaton for you but you must have seen this as a possibility before today or yesterday. I see no reason for you to suddenly spring it on us and say that the situation is dire because you would have seen the state of the finances and the direction things were heading for a while now.

I agree, change is scary.

However, I do not agree with this situation being akin to the sketch from The Catherine Tate show.

Don't want to donate or sponser, don't. It's that simple. I don't read anything in the post which denotes bullying. My suggestion is, if people feel bullied that is something internal.

Fairy xxx

dont think anyone was bullying but yeah jess made her point as she has been asking for support on this for a long time and i am guitly too of not taking nitice of what am amazing thing she is doing for this site,

yes change is scary i understand that but i agree with fairy noone is being forced to do anything here, if your consciences are telling you different then......

sorry josh, and em and everyone else

I will try and figgure out how to use paypal or some way to donate some money

and i will do anythin you need to help keep this place running

:wub:

Look at adverts on tv with a picture of a starving child. Your money will go to keeping them in fresh water. Its a shame you have to use tactics like these to gain people's support but if you dont people die.

Simple.

I appreciate that it is a very difficult situaton for you but you must have seen this as a possibility before today or yesterday. I see no reason for you to suddenly spring it on us and say that the situation is dire because you would have seen the state of the finances and the direction things were heading for a while now.

I put a brave face on, worked even more and hoped for the best. I put information up on the forums requesting support days ago... and no replies.

I put a brave face on, worked even more and hoped for the best. I put information up on the forums requesting support days ago... and no replies.

And we are supposed to know how dire things really are from that? I'm sorry but communication is key in making many things run smoothly, sites like this included, and this is an example of very poor communication skills. As the person in charge of the financial side of things you should tell us how bad a situation the site is facing and not leaving to the last minute like this.

Humans make mistakes, I am one of them but i did communicate that we needed donations/subscribers and my request was replied to by none.

And we are supposed to know how dire things really are from that? I'm sorry but communication is key in making many things run smoothly, sites like this included, and this is an example of very poor communication skills. As the person in charge of the financial side of things you should tell us how bad a situation the site is facing and not leaving to the last minute like this

One request for donations doesn't seem enough if such extreme measures are having to be taken.

I, personally, think this situation illustrates that you are not a suitable person to run something like this. You need to be realistic and to honestly communicate with your members, which hasn't happened.

I can't believe my fricking eyes. Josh is being questioned over how he runs this site?

This is a charity, people are giving the majority of their spare time and money in to something to make others lives easier, even bearable. And, when the crunch comes, it is all about blame!

I will stop here, as I do not wish to fall out with people.

Fairy xxx

One request for donations doesn't seem enough if such extreme measures are having to be taken.

I, personally, think this situation illustrates that you are not a suitable person to run something like this. You need to be realistic and to honestly communicate with your members, which hasn't happened.

There are no words to explain to you if this is your attitude. He was a suitable person when you joined this site, when you got access to support, set up by the very person who you say is not suitable to run this site.

Shame on you.

Fairy xxx

I do not agree that they are as extreme as you believe. We have made it so that members get a little more for helping us out, otherwise everything is the same.

And in regards to my suitability to running this organisation, i have done it for four years and we are still here. This organisation i built through years of hard work. Your comments are out of line.

Archived