Mental Health Forums

Peer Support Team

em

What is peer support

Peer support offers people the chance to talk 1-1 with someone who also suffers mental health issues. It is not a professional service and cannot take calls from people if they are suicidal. To access peer support click on the live chat icon at the bottom of the forums or where it appears in a signiture.

Who does peer support?

People who do peer support are members of the forums who have offered their time to support others. They are not professionals and have no training. However they do suffer from mental health issues themselves, so do know how it feels to have mental health issues and some of the problems arising from this.

How can i do peer support?

If you would like to become a member of the peer support team please contact Lily she will then asses if she thinks youd be good.

WELCOMERS

We not longer have welcomers this is now the job of the peersupporters.

just to add that you also have to click the join date and descending order tabs to get the people who asked you to be there welcomer more recently otherwise you end up with a long list of people from like 2005 :)

also em- i dont know whats going occuring but right now i cant seem to get any lists up :S could possibly be me though as i am half asleep still :)

just to add that you also have to click the join date and descending order tabs to get the people who asked you to be there welcomer more recently otherwise you end up with a long list of people from like 2005 :)

also em- i dont know whats going occuring but right now i cant seem to get any lists up :S could possibly be me though as i am half asleep still :)

I can't either although I just thought that there had been some tweeks to it and that means I have no new newbies.

sunx

the lists of members who have asked me to be their welcomer or it could be that everyone has changed their mind and noone has chosen me :lol:

I have been checking and i dont think anyone has added me as a welcomer yet. But i dont know if i am doing it right as i tested it out with any and it came up exactly the same.

I am following the steps i was given though.......

I just dont wanna miss anyone and let them down........

There are quite a few of you that new members can choose from now, so it may take some time before you are added, keep checking. In the mean welcoming people through the introductions threads etc

still not got the toggle more options, bit sorted. It dont seem to work for me.

Have been clicking on he newest members at the bottom of the page though and have noticed i have got my first welcomer...........

:P

Josh,

Can i just check, are the welcomers also doing live peer support or is it just that we have the same label but with welcomer above it?

• 10 months later...

I click *my controls and

*edit profile information

but there's no list of welcomers on there just all my profile information? :unsure:

Silverwolf

• 4 months later...

Ok... so I'm stuck here.... I get to the third point but when it says 'choose your name from the drop down list'.... what list?? where?? and plus I see no 'go' button... or am I just being dum here? or is it because no one has chosen me yet??

xx

-------------------------------------------------

I am a welcomer, How do I know who has named me?

Click on members (top right)

Toggle more options

Join date - more than (then enter the date since you last checked)

Choose your name from the drop down list

Click go

This will bring up a list of people who have chosen you to be their welcomer.

-------------------------------------------------