Mental Health Forums

Cafe Press

lucyloo

We are setting up a shop to help fundraising for the site. You will be able to access it throught the shop on the main page of our site.

The site sells all types of items, clothing, mugs stickers mouse mats etc , which we have printed with logos, pictures any suitable artwork infact. They also publish books for us.

So any budding authors? Artists? We need everyone to donate something to raise funds. Later today, I will leave details of picture format and size needed.

I want to publish a book of poetry describing bpd, also something on managing the problem, so if you have any ideas on how others can manage you, when you are struggling, I want to hear them. Anything which takes the edge off for you. It would be fantastic if we can produce something helpful for our friends and families! Any budding authors out there? Lets hear your ideas, I am sure you can all do better than me!

This is going to be your shop! Can you all please make it something to be proud of.

Lucy

well you can browse the forum as a lot of members have written poems. once you like something you can pm the author and ask if you can publish it :)

i checked out the site. didn't see any mugs or stickers though.

I wanted to reply but I'm not sure what I want to say.

lol

I'm a budding author and can probably contribute some writings.

My friend and I have been throwing around the idea of a documentary about how bipolar and bpd co-exist, as this is a confusing topic. I'd be willing to put it in the shop if and when it ever gets accomplished.

What writing ideas do you have?

Nina.

well you can browse the forum as a lot of members have written poems. once you like something you can pm the author and ask if you can publish it :)

i checked out the site. didn't see any mugs or stickers though.

Shame isn't it! I did expect someone would be telepathetic and design a few mugs before I request them, lol! I have one down stairs on the sofa, perhaps he would be useful?

I have pm'd a couple of people asking to use their stuff, but to be honest, so much going on that i haven't got to read much of it yet. I am sure that in the next few days, I will make a point of doing so, there are some talented people on the forum.

Lucy

well i could pull up a few designs but they'll all look like misshapen words with a logo of bpd world on the bottom with the occasional smiley. :)

Me? writing? I am a typical female lol! I enjoy organising others into doing what needs to be done. lol!

I do write a bit of poetry from time to time, but not sure it is worth publishing.

My talent tends to be writing something that totally takes the mick out of another person. Great at a party, when you all know someone, but doesn't transpose so well to books.

My ideas,

My mum is about to have a gastric bypass, she is on a liquid diet and is inventing all flavours of drink. I have asked her if she would write me a recipe book, but waiting to hear back. Seems this is an operation that is becoming more common, so there could be an interest in what she writes. (she is a minor published author too, so would be great to have her contribute)

A BPD Manual, for those you deal with us "abnormals" lol. (me included no offence intended)

tips on what helps you when you are struggling. Mine is, take my hands, look into my eyes and tell me how much you care for me, then give me a hug. It works for me. What are your tips on dealing with you? Imagine, if you could give your family, friends and partner a book on how to "keep you sane" What a gift!!!!!!

I am totally open to suggestions, this is not my shop, it is your shop. It should stock what you would want to buy.

Your idea sounds great. Keep me informed of progress. There is a facilty to publish dvds, so it could be a positive move for you, for us too.

Keep it coming, this is doing me good and keeping me out of the nuthouse. I thrive on challenge!

Lucy

well i could pull up a few designs but they'll all look like misshapen words with a logo of bpd world on the bottom with the occasional smiley. :)

Give me what ever you have. We will use them or not. No offence intended if we don't. I would like everyone to see what is offered and allow all forum users to vote on what we use.

This has to be a group effort, or I am wasting my time. This is not my board, it is ours. Lets get to it!

i'll see what my brain can come up with. though it will look like something a 3 year could have produced so don't expect too much out of it. :)

How would you feel about a short story? I have a half formed idea in my head for a narrative. Two people involved in an friendly game (cards maybe, doesn't matter really) having a heated discussion. It would be written from the narrators point of view, and the two people would represent the opposing sides of a personality. One half being the socially acceptable logical rational side, and the other being the impulsive uncontrolled side. More along the lines of what I think an argument between the two sides of two-face(from batman) would be like. Best way I can think of to describe at the moment. It would be drawn from my experience in arguing with myself in my head, I've had lots of practice. representative of the constant push pull struggle that goes on in my head.

All written down because It's 2am and I don't have any paper handy!

As an aside what do you think of Bill and William for names. Bill being the short for William, but not overly obvious?

Also Everyone should take a bit of time and read through http://creativecommons.org/about/license

Creative Commons licenses Allow anyone to license their work with the intention of anyone using it for whatever their purpose, and can also restrict it from being claimed for non-authorized commercial use.

Ive always thought of collective book by everyone of experiences of nhs could be anonymous and sue government for being crap lol

we did come up with idea of recipe book a while ago

so many people from different countries could contribute a fav recipe

also putting info on cd rom instead of a book takes up less space on bookshelf

im running out of space in my little house

would love to help lucy

you got my brain working

• 2 months later...

Hello Lucy,

Not really sure yet how this all works, but read that you are interested in artwork etc for 'shop', to help raise money.. Like I said, I'm finding it hard to understand, but it is 2am here lol.

Anyhoow, I am an artist. Painter,illustrator,printmaker,etc. I sell privately, through galleries and occ. artists markets,t-shirts,cards etc. I work with children and women 'at risk', art therapy.

I would like to offer my services. Artwork for any books,poetry,collections. Pieces of artwork to sell online in shop- prints,illustrations,etc.

If you, or any other member reading this is interested, please contact me. I'm not even sure how this is achieved :unsure: Private Messaging? Or do i come here and leave my email addy?

Suggestions:

Artwork for- Posters

Greeting Cards

Books

Mugs

Stickers

T-Shirts

Signed Prints

Signed Illustrations

*Artwork to be put on ebay advertised as a fundraiser for your site with logo.

I live in Australia, by the way :) Anybody who's interested, feel free to contact me.Cheers,Kate.

• 1 year later...

Hiya... something you said resonated with me big time....... wht can people do to help.... and well, i never knew how calming it was until I experienced it in my last crisis but.... holding my hands (not cuddling or touching) just simply holding my hands, looking me in the eyes and telling me you love me is an instant way to cool me down. So, that advice works for me........BIG TIME xxx

• 1 month later...

Im an artist, i just have been signed to management. My website is in the making. Maybe when its online I can post you the link, see if anything catches your fancy???

• 1 month later...

I would like to be involved. I just finished a Fine Art degree, and write poetry too. Eventually want to be an art therapist. Would love to submit something.

Vicki

• 9 months later...

We are setting up a shop to help fundraising for the site. You will be able to access it throught the shop on the main page of our site.

The site sells all types of items, clothing, mugs stickers mouse mats etc , which we have printed with logos, pictures any suitable artwork infact. They also publish books for us.

So any budding authors? Artists? We need everyone to donate something to raise funds. Later today, I will leave details of picture format and size needed.

I want to publish a book of poetry describing bpd, also something on managing the problem, so if you have any ideas on how others can manage you, when you are struggling, I want to hear them. Anything which takes the edge off for you. It would be fantastic if we can produce something helpful for our friends and families! Any budding authors out there? Lets hear your ideas, I am sure you can all do better than me!

This is going to be your shop! Can you all please make it something to be proud of.

Lucy

Thats a very good idea FBS

Hi I was wondering if anything was still happening with this as the main shop here doesn't link to cafe press and when i searched via cafe press there was bib, journal and t-shirt but nothing else. (maybe i didn't search correctly?)

Is anything happening with the books?

Can I be of help in anyway?

- either co-ordinating or contributing.

-I have numerous poems, and have been published in a couple of community books with a few of them.

- I have a good imagination for pictures for drawing ideas (Although the drawing part on my behalf isn't so precise) :rolleyes: - but i still think i can have good ideas on pictures to express certain ideas/concepts. :D

- i am good at editing pictures/photos computer wise

Is there anything being worked on at the moment that I can help out with please?

as i have free time at the moment and would like to contribute in someway to raising funds for the site.

Cheers

Silver

x

• 2 months later...

For those who aire on the lighter side of life (ie me) can you produce some "Calling all Crazies" stickers, add the web address below and I can think of at least 20 people who would buy them.

(No offence was intended by the posting of this message. Those who are offended, I appologize too in advance)

Archived