Mental Health Forums

Can Someone Please Put Me In A Box?

Alicantino

Hello

I'm new here and not quite sure where to start so I suppose saying hello is my best option :rolleyes:

I haven't been diagnosed with anything specific apart from 'Obsessions' and I want to know how to research a bit further.

My marriage is in a terrible state because of the thoughts that I have - my wife dying, me dying, social inadequacy, sex with others (lots of that unsurprisingly), getting divorced, being free from my wife and kids, wondering how others see me...etc etc I have occasionally also suffered from mild panic attacks, stress and some minor compulsions.

I can function fine socially. I'm lucky in that I have a good job, which I'm good at, and two very beautiful kids.

However, my thoughts and my inability to get rid of them means I just want to get away from everything. The real problem is that I like my thoughts!

Can anyone out there help???

Hello

I'm new here and not quite sure where to start so I suppose saying hello is my best option :rolleyes:

I haven't been diagnosed with anything specific apart from 'Obsessions' and I want to know how to research a bit further.

My marriage is in a terrible state because of the thoughts that I have - my wife dying, me dying, social inadequacy, sex with others (lots of that unsurprisingly), getting divorced, being free from my wife and kids, wondering how others see me...etc etc I have occasionally also suffered from mild panic attacks, stress and some minor compulsions.

I can function fine socially. I'm lucky in that I have a good job, which I'm good at, and two very beautiful kids.

However, my thoughts and my inability to get rid of them means I just want to get away from everything. The real problem is that I like my thoughts!

Can anyone out there help???

I am on the verge of a panic attack right now...

I do not think you have OCD as such because the obsessions that go with OCD are not wanted by the people who suffer them they are intrusive and upsetting.

But it sounds like obsessions yes.

You want to do research on it I suggest google the word obsessions.

Are you in therapy?? Maybe this would be good for you as you say you have lots of issue's with all this.

Do you know any techniques to ease panic attacks, different things help for different people but you could try breathing exercizes or distracktion.

Lilly

I think your best bet would be to speak to your doctor if you feel you dont understand you diagnosis

They should be able to explain it to you and suggest the best ways of dealing with it

As for the panic attacks, its all about being sensitive to when they are about to happen and learning the skills to control them

There's alot of tactics on here that you could try

I have a few good breathing techniques that I can dig out if you want?!

Take good care of yourself and Welcome to the forum

xXx

Archived