• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sundries

• Rael

• dixie

• Fairy

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh how many times have I wanted to say things like that to my case workers!!!

Do you think you could come up with one about childrens social services for me??

Need a good laugh!!!

lol

sarah

• 2 weeks later...

Here at last the long awaited response from the crisis team

Dear sundries

I have now received a response from Mr Smart from the crisis team in reply to your rhyming verse and suggested training courses. I have cut and pasted the response for your easiness.

We are always disappointed when a client feels the service did not meet their needs. In response to some of the issues that have been raised. The reason staff do not do home visits during the night is a health and safety concern, due to attacks on mental health staff. Due to the number of staff available during the night it would also be impossible to have a home service and meet our responsibilities at A&E and the Urgent care centre without leaving clients waiting for long periods of time.

Whilst the poem is very creative and there is obviously a feeling of not being taken seriously enough. We would hope to treat everybody with the respect and professionalism, regardless of the diagnoses of the client.

If there are any specific issues the author would like to discuss I would be happy to talk to them if they feel I may be able to help.

Please do not hesitate to take up the offer to discuss any concerns with the team directly.

Yours sincerely

You are cool Sundries-I can't believe you sent it!

What a mealy-mouthed, self-serving reply they sent back; can't say Im suprised though

reb

Thankyou for sending me the crisis teams response. I look forward to also receiving a response from the nurses at the local psychiatric hospital.

I would very much like to take up the offer to talk to Mr Smart. Unfortunately I am not able to travel to attend any meetings as I am currently hospitalised owing to the crisis teams incompetence and refusal to take clients seriously and provide the help needed to stop things escalating to the point of hospitalisation. In response to his reply about crisis team nurses coming out at night, while I understand that there are time constraints, I am concerned that he feels there is a risk of staff being attacked and yet he is willing to send untrained taxi drivers to deal with potentially violent patients. Nevertheless, such inconsistency from the crisis team doesn't surprise me.

If Mr. Smart wishes to see me in the near future I am sure staff would be more than happy for him to visit me on the inpatient ward.

May I also request that none of the issues dealt with here are sent onto my consultant as he has said to me that this creates a lot of work for him and he feels his time would be better spent on looking at improving my crisis plan and increasing the good care he already gives me, and I have to say I agree with him.

I know many of the issues raised are general issues, that also apply to my own care. In view of this I could take the matter further through Service user involvemnt forum who could raise it on behalf of service users, but I think it is just quicker and easier to do myself.

Kind Regards

Oh Sundries!

I can hardly breathe for laughing!

And the rest of you guys, too!

Just spent the past while reading all the verses, and the responses from these bloody services out to my mum, and though she thinks that they can do no wrong, that they are basically godsends et al, i could see she was hiding a grin behind her hands.

And sure enough, she left the room to laugh out loud. Bless her.

So she does have a sense of humour afterall!

and much love to you all, for it was all you absolute beauties who have finally brought it out of her!

Bravo from an unnaturally happy Crip!!!

*big hugs all round!!*

hehehe

xxxx

(and yesh, me thunks its maybe time to put the wine down, heh heh)

xx

The Viewpoint of a Psychiatrist "Treating" a Teenager

Your just another girl

Under the mental health thrall

So I'll give my fingers a twirl

And give drugs a call

You would rather talk?

Well, then take a walk!

It's really too bad

That you're feeling so sad

But it makes me glad

The drugs aren't working?

Have some more

You just feel worse?

Have some more

While I laugh and insult you

Nothing is what you wish I would do

(Sorry it doesn't follow any particular pattern)

• 1 year later...

I and the people on this thread did this a couple of years ago when we were more active on the boards so sorry if the banter between me and fairy is a bit confusing.

Also apologies for my bizarre eulogy to myself in the middle. I think I was slightly high at the time (erm..I ended up trapped in hospital during course of thread lol so I definitely was :) )

Well, hope you enjoy reading them and if you want to add more go for it.

Hi sundries, I tried to pm you.... some of your comments on the 'You know you're borderline when...' had me proper laughing out loud...

Hope u are ok

xxxx

Archived