Mental Health Forums

Rocd

MiserableCow

Does anyone here suffer with this? I am at the end of my tether with terrible thoughts of me not loving by b/f enough. I obsess about everthing I don't like about him, rather than his numerous good traits. Its tearing me apart.

Does anyone here suffer with this? I am at the end of my tether with terrible thoughts of me not loving by b/f enough. I obsess about everthing I don't like about him, rather than his numerous good traits. Its tearing me apart.

I do understand...do you think that he deserves better than you?That you arent good enough?

We push people away so we dont get hurt but you have to remember he chooses to be with you cos he loves you and no-one else.

Tell him how you feel and tell him whats good about him,you may just need some reassurrance.

xxx

thanks for your reply daisyduck. Its like I want my idea of an absolute perfect boyfriend - most of these things are physical appearance things. I worry I may fancy someone more. I am uncomfortable when out socially (a rare occurence) worrying what other people think. I cannot get rid of these thoughts. I think about them 24/7. I have been diagnosed as having depression, not OCD. Currently awaiting some counselling. Thing is when I tell DR about my thoughts, she seems to hint towardss that I just don't love him, and should leave. This distresses me greatly. I really am going mad. :wacko:

It is common to think that the grass is greener on the other side...that you might fancy someone more than him(which you might)but you need to look at what you have now.Do you really love him?Cos if you do it doesnt matter what anyone thinks or if you fancy someone else because what you have means more.You could get some gorgeous guy who is a total prick.

Put your energy into improving your relationship,spice things up or go out together more.Get the excitement back as it naturally fades after a few years or so.

Relationships need working at...they cant just work themselves.

If you love eachother and he is good to you then thats the most important thing.

xxx

Hi Alison,

What does the R before the OCD stand for?

Strikes me the centre of the problem may be the basis of your relationship, I hope you have not combined housing with emotional needs as that appears to close off options. If not, the possibilities are still wide open.

One hears dodgy thyroid causes emotional lows but it may be this issue that gives it the colour you describe ...

Ideal subject material for your upcoming counselling ... ?

Hi Alison,

What does the R before the OCD stand for?

I hope you have not combined housing with emotional needs as that appears to close off options. If not, the possibilities are still wide open.

One hears dodgy thyroid causes emotional lows but it may be this issue that gives it the colour you describe ...

Ideal subject material for your upcoming counselling ... ?

R stands for Relationship.

I am not sure what you mean by combining housing with emotional needs.

Have had my thyroid tested - all fine apparently

Archived