Mental Health Forums

Well Thats It Then -

walker

saw cpn

last time

she said psychiatrist wont see me as i went down the therapy route

moderately depressed

need therapy

nhs will only do cbt, or psychotherapy for those in dire need (fair enough)

not ready, in right place for cbt

so go private

if i fancy meds then go to gp

if i think i reach a point where i can do cbt then gp can re refer

if i have a crisis call them (9 - 4 mon - fri)

so, bye then

well there we are, a lot of fuss about nothing,

the people in my head are right, she is right, they are all right

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its over

i know i should be pleased that they think i am well enough

but im not

she said i need long term psychotherapy

she understood how very stuck I am and said it made sense

but now i have no one, and

atm i feel lost and empty

and hub has just come in to ask when I am going back to work (he has no idea of my appt this morning)

just really needing friends atm, as my head is filling up with all the 'making a fuss, get on with life,' shit

I'm here sweetheart. Am not to well (physically) atm so in bed quite a bit but will always get back to you. Is a lot to take in when you have a meeting like that possibly having a chat with hubbie and sleeping on it you might feel a bit brighter in the morning. You did it, you had the meeting you know what's what and now it is time to move forwards babe. xxx

Walker, I'm sorry to hear whats happened.

She has said you need long term psychotherapy - so she is most certainly not saying you are 'making a fuss, get on with life.'

Your head will keep saying it, but she has given further evidence that your head is talking rubbish.

Can I ask, what do you want to happen next?

will not tell hub, not yet anyway

thats just it

move forward

still struggling with that one

still struggling to give myself permission

I had decided in the autumn that I wouldn't be here now, so am trying to come to terms with that too

Just been upstairs counting effexor, but the ones I have left are the lowest dose, so I need to take bloody shed loads - i have 35, but they taste foul and I know i would be sick before I got anywhere at all

what a bloody waste of space I am

its like i am stuck in emotional super glue

dear God I hate this, yet is me doing it

Hi Walker,

I've not been around much, but I've chatted to you before.

Please don't give up.

You sound like you could really use some support right now, is there anyone you could call?, the samaritans may be of help.

The only voice you need to listen to is your own, not the ones in your head, easier said than done i know - I've been there too.

Please hold on, you will get through this.

Nightelf

thanks nightelf

dont know what else to say

but thanks

xx

sadly I am very unsure as to who my voice is

she seems to be lost within everyone elses

actually think she is the little voice that wants to go,

Hey walker

Please dont give up.

I need you around and so do alot of people.

Not really sure what else to say but i am here for you.

XXXXX

you are all so good and suffer so much and I am so bad

am sitting here watching tv, people losing their jobs, and all I want to do is resign

they want to live and I want to leave

hub cross with me

and all I do is cry and moan

i shouldnt be here, I shouldnt be anywhere

you are all too good for me

just the news

all misery and pain

and makes me feel the biggest most ungrateful bitch in the universe

hes cross cos I have a job and am not doing it, and want to resign

*tight hugs* you are not alone Walker.

Perhaps my story might help? I have been rejected by my CPN, psychiatrists on 5 occasions each time i was told that they could do nothing for me as i wasn't ill enough, i didn't fill the right boxes etc etc. On the sixth occasion i was no different but perhaps persistence is what is required and i'm at long last on the waiting list of psychotherapy. So my advice is go back to your GP and get refered backing onto the MHT books.

Try and keep fighting things can get better even if only for a few hours. Its not you that is being rejected by the CPN its just you don't fit neatly into any of their boxes - yet. Oh, and i was pushed as far as attempted suicide on the 4th occasion and it had no effect on my treatment options whatsoever. Sorry to be so blunt but i was surprised at the time.

*strengh giving hugs*

claire

i dont know how to live my life

when i do it always ends up for others

i have vanished

shit

i liked my job, but there is soso much preassure and criticism

i cant face it

i am so soooooooooo oo sad and empty

(((((Hug!)))))) Hope you feel better soon! Have you tried watching something happy or funny to possibly cheer you up yet? Even if you don't feel like it at the moment, theres a chance it would work and then you would feel better.

Walker, it sounds like you're in a really bad place right now, and i don't blame you. It must be really difficult feeling so unsupported and abandoned. I really feel for you.

It looks like there are lots of people here who really care for you and that's great.

I'm sorry, i'm new here and don't know your history, but are you able to talk to your husband about how you're feeling?

I'm in Leeds, and have been referred for psychotherapy, and have been seeing him for a few months now. I'm surprised the NHS won't let you have it unless you're in dire need. How is it that one proves they're in dire need? It sounds to me like you could really benefit from it, are you able to go back to your gp and get a referral sent through? It is wrong to leave you like this and i wish there was more i could do or say.

xx

she said psychiatrist wont see me as i went down the therapy route

seeing a psychiatrist shouldnt have anything to do with whether you have had therapy or not, psychiatrist are more meds based. if they have said you need long term therapy then they are saying that yes you need help and support. can you contact PALS they can give you advice on the kind of support you should be getting and advice on what to do to make sure you get the right support.

im sorry they have left it like this, you do deserve the help though, please keep pushing for it.

:bigarmhug[1]:

xxx

well iguess it was just their excuse then

pdocs dont see people cos they are miserble cows

pals cant do it, they tried already, thats howi saw this cpn

doesnt matter

they know i should go

Archived