Mental Health Forums

Shame

hummm_mabbe

I know someone like that. If you've got a headache she's got a bloody brain tumor! Jesus, why do they do it? Like they feel so inadequate they want to share some of it with us by totally invalidating the fact that we are feeling how we are.

With regards to poetry and engineering - I don't get engineering at all. Physics, forget it! I can change a lightbulb and make a basic circuit but apart from that count me OUT. Gives me the brain-acheys ouch. Am not a logical type. You can be Yin and I'll be Yang. Together we can rule the world - haha!!!!

Spose soooo ... *sigh*

Sorry, feeling mopey now

**mope**

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey now, don't go mopey. Have I upset you? xxx

No not you, I suppose just thinking about that stuff, has started to loosen some feelings or sumthin. A child cant feel nothing at being rejected and hurt by an entire community, so there must be feelings locked away, mabbe big scary ones. So yeah, perhaps loosened some.

Would be nice to be able to feel sad about it, just feel 'blank' with a hint of mope.

I know it's tough when pandora's box is opened as we don't know what's inside. Just be kind to yourself and do something nice to cheer yourself up. I'll send you one of those special Roses hugs to help you along **HUG**

Sorry Jades we must've posted at the same time. This is turning into a group hug! What a lucky man!!

See now this is what happens in therapy ... something touches something, but gets stuck, and then I detach, and feel a bit depressed, mopey but blank.

My T is trying to connect, I guess with Little Ross, but Im shut off. She has got my detached mode, and so her 'hugs' just bounce off, like a hug deflector. Your hugs are bouncing off :( I know I need to feel the real feelings attahced to it, but nuthen coming up. Until I can feel them, Little Ross cant absorb any hugs.

I hate my detached mode, it sucks. It is the anti-hug.

how bout a tickle tickle tickle lol no seriosly i do that im sorry rossie i know how it feels to want to be attaching and not break barrier shatter crash hugxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

how bout a tickle tickle tickle lol no seriosly i do that im sorry rossie i know how it feels to want to be attaching and not break barrier shatter crash hugxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I feel a bit like the face in your avatar, sorta "meh"

:mellow:

rossie would my pic dheer u up?

It does a bit, that little face there looking kinna like Im feeling.

It looks sorta mellow but sorta not happy, bit like me right now.

here ive been meaning to send it to u

Hiiiiiiiiiiiii Jades **waves**, now you are a real hooman bean instead of only a virtual bean :hug2:

Heyyyyyyyyy you didnt smile! But I guess thats what the little guy with the yellow face is doing too ....

gotta leave for aa soon so if i disappear u know what happened k

Okies Missie Jades

Go and absorb hugs, ya hear?

Huuuuuuuuuuuugs :bigarmhug[1]:

lol thats an old pic from dec the one frm yesterday i look too tired in yay human bean xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I know how you feel

**drapes eye bags over keyboard**

zzzzzzzz

just wanted to say hun i kinda know how it feels to be the intelligent one (academically - i have no common sense whatsoever) i got bullied mercilessly for going to a grammar school, college and uni, got the highest 11+ score in schools records and even now i wont tell people what my IQ is. they prob wouldnt believe me anyway because i struggle with everyday stuff even like knowing how to pay bills but give me something academic and im well away. used to excel at latin and english lang/lit, that got me bullied more times than i know.

now often i avoid doing anything that i can use my brain for because im scared of people's reaction and that i will become even more of an outcast.

:hug2: (can never have too many hugs)

xxx

Just wanted to say thanks for the shame article! It was amazing for me, not sure how to describe what I am thinking.... but I had never really thought about that shame is sort of an emotion and that it can be a problem. From the article, it sounds like many of my problems have roots in shame so now I have a starting block to begin working on fixing them. Thanks thanks thanks!

xxx

Archived