Mental Health Forums

What Do You Get Obsessive About?

bumblepipi

Time.

I cant be late for anything, and i hate ppl been late for me. i get obsessive when some one is due at my house, i sit and watch out the window, and panic if late etc, and i am always early to any appointments, meetings, school runs etc

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Recently my boyfriend pointed out to me that he thinks I might have slight OCD ( in a nice way tho , wasnt accusingly like most people I've met who have said "god chill out with your ocd lol) and after spending some time looking at posts on here I can understand why he thinks that.

I tend to agree.

I freak out and I mean have a panic attack if someone goes near my things. It used to be ok, but its got to the point now where I literally break down and cry if someone goes into my bedroom and touches my things, when I'm out its what I think about alot of the time, I start to drive myself to the point where I rush what I'm doing so I can get home to my bedroom to see if all my things are ok etc. I know its not rational thinking but I can't help it.

If my boyfriends family come into my room I automatically feel on edge. I start to feel my skin prickle and my nerves go. When his mum tries to help me put the shopping away I can't cope, I have to get my boyfriend to ask her to leave us be, because her interfering makes me feel like I'm close to breaking point.

It only happens when someone goes near something that is mine. It's irrational though because I am a person who will willingly share whatever I have, when needed but its when something happens unexpectedly like his mum being in my room where I freak out.

Last time I ended up shaking and crying for over an hour because I found out she'd been in my room while I was out using the computer. I just got so upset, I don't like people in my space )=

xxxxxxxxxxx

• 3 weeks later...

and also when im a passenger in a car, i get so anxious that to calm me down i have to breath in everytime i am half way between 2 lamp posts.

i think they are all due to high anxiety

I do the exact same thing with the lamposts, I actually feel quite happy that im not the only one.

I also face mirrors towards the wall before I go to bed, if someone touches me i have to blow their germs off my body and I have to click my thumb repeatedly.

if i accidentally come into contact with cotton wool, velvet or fleece i need to scratch my teeth. just thinking of those things is making me do it now. something about my hard nails against my teeth is reassuring. my absolute fear would be to bite wool or cotton wool*scratches teeth frantically to counteract that thought*

Archived