Mental Health Forums

Ewwwww! Bed Bugs!

canadian mike

I don't know whether to laugh, or crawl up onto a chair!

I was watching the local news, last night, & they did story on how Vancouver is presently experiencing an elevated infestation of BED BUGS!

How repulsive!

So, I am siitting on the couch, with my feet up of course, feeling very itchy, while reading posts on this forum. I keep telling myself that it is just my OCD being triggered - I really, really hate bugs! - when out of the corner of my eye, I see a little flat, circular bug making it's way across our hardwood floor! So, I squished it(sorry bug lovers), and looked at it under a magnifying glass, while looking at pictures of bed bugs in another window on my computer. EWWWWWW! You'd think that - being a middle-aged guy whom has travelled a lot, stayed in numerous hostels, and works as a steelworker in the shipyards - I wouldn't be bothered by a little bug, but THIS IS MY HOME! Now, I'm itching like crazy & wondering if the neighbours would mind if I lit the townhouse on fire(don't worry, I won't). Well, it looks as though we'll be buying new living room furniture this weekend, as well as new bedroom furniture(mentally, I don't even want to think about the bedroom).

HELP!!!!!!!!!! Mike is going into crisis, big time! Wait until my wife gets home, she's as OCD as I am! Looks like it's time to move... perhaps, to another city, country, bug-less world! I wonder, if I shut off the heat, would they freeze? Maybe, they'd attack more voraciously, to get warm! Shit, I really hate this! This, is a problem!

:lol::sofa::unsure: :(

I don't know whether to laugh, or crawl up onto a chair!

I was watching the local news, last night, & they did story on how Vancouver is presently experiencing an elevated infestation of BED BUGS!

How repulsive!

So, I am siitting on the couch, with my feet up of course, feeling very itchy, while reading posts on this forum. I keep telling myself that it is just my OCD being triggered - I really, really hate bugs! - when out of the corner of my eye, I see a little flat, circular bug making it's way across our hardwood floor! So, I squished it(sorry bug lovers), and looked at it under a magnifying glass, while looking at pictures of bed bugs in another window on my computer. EWWWWWW! You'd think that - being a middle-aged guy whom has travelled a lot, stayed in numerous hostels, and works as a steelworker in the shipyards - I wouldn't be bothered by a little bug, but THIS IS MY HOME! Now, I'm itching like crazy & wondering if the neighbours would mind if I lit the townhouse on fire(don't worry, I won't). Well, it looks as though we'll be buying new living room furniture this weekend, as well as new bedroom furniture(mentally, I don't even want to think about the bedroom).

HELP!!!!!!!!!! Mike is going into crisis, big time! Wait until my wife gets home, she's as OCD as I am! Looks like it's time to move... perhaps, to another city, country, bug-less world! I wonder, if I shut off the heat, would they freeze? Maybe, they'd attack more voraciously, to get warm! Shit, I really hate this! This, is a problem!

:lol::sofa::unsure::(

dude i've traveled the world, I was brought up on a farm.

and I still shit myself at the thought of the smallest spider, and them fuckers still invade my vison when thy'er not there.

this probibly is no help at all, but i do know what it's like being invaded by them lill criters.

marc

:lol: Yeah, marc, it helps!

I'm not that uptight about it, though it was interesting for me to see to what degree my OCD can still be triggered. I spent most of my weekends & summers, as a kid, on my great-grandfather's farm, on one of the local gulf islands. I've been an avid camper & traveller and had my share of itchy nights, staying in some of the finest hostels Asia could offer. But, I can't recall ever having this situation in my own home, so I'll have to get my head around this. Should be interesting to see how my wife deals with this, now that I've told her, as she has some serious contamination issues. (if only they had an emoticon for two people hiding behind a couch!)

:sofa: :sofa:

Archived