Mental Health Forums

Remove

lola1515

I thought about this long and hard before posting it and accept that I probably should keep my feelings to myself.

I do want to say though that I feel quite hurt that you Mike, would show such contempt for me. I have always valued your opinion and held you in high regard. You have always seemed quite fair and I've enjoyed our conversations in the past.

I am puzzled at the fact that it appears you have had bad feelings towards me seemingly for a while now, yet never shown this or discussed it with me before, but continued to hold friendly conversations with me. I am also puzzled at how you condemn me so quickly for reacting in a hurt and emotional way to a clearly abusive person and then go on to condone that kind of behaviour. It seems very double standard to me, but instead of feeling bad towards you, I just feel hurt and confused by it.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joshua

• Roses

• Wobbles

• Sammy

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also sorry Lola, that you feel ganged up on as that was noone's intention in any of this. I realise you are angry that we cannot do what you want us to do. I am sorry that you're thinking right now is only one tracked and you are currently unable to see the bigger picture, perhaps time will change that for you.

As I've said, my reaction to you was based on my own hurt feelings to your abusive post which was triggering to me, not to mention your pm and further posts. Perhaps you feel we should not have feelings and take anything you throw at us, but unfortunately that is not the way life works. I agree that I should maybe have waited till I calmed down about the situation and then posted my reply, but like you say those with mental health issues can be impulsive.

My continuation to reply on your thread, was not to upset you further, but to answer other peoples questions and requests. I have a duty to them and a job to do. This kind of goes to prove why a persons thread cannot be deleted, because other people are also involved on those threads, have raised their own questions, problems and requests for help and support, and it would be negligent to them if we just closes the thread concerned.

Like I say I hope in time you will see this bigger picture rather than just your own wishes and issues.

i guess there is a good way and a bad way to say the same thing. and i actually appreciate your post this time.

it's not "us" and "you guys" though, because as you've stated, we all have mental issues here.

i know other people have issues and stuff, but then why don't they make their own post about it? as this is truly just my post. and why can't another moderator answer them then when on my post i didn't want to keep seeing you reply?

i have pmed you only once, and that is because i was not allowed to post again on my own topic, i was blocked..which allowed you to keep saying stuff about me and i couldn't reply, which didn't feel nice at all. and like you said, i guess certain words and things are triggering to people including myself. you were abusive as well in the way you've said things, certain things you've said and how you need the last word. i guess in anger and sadness people say things on impulse and things they don't mean, etc.

anyway, i truly do wish the very best for you, and hope you can see through your own wishes and issues as well.

I still don't understand why people even want their accounts deleted. If you don't want to use the forum any more you can simply stop coming here. It's a matter of personal choice. Sometimes taking a break can help you refresh and then you may want to come back.

People with BPD tend to worry too much about what other people think of them. I know this because I have this diagnosis. However, on this forum I have realized that I don't have to worry about that at all. Pretty much all the blunders I have said in the past are long forgotten. The forum is busy and posts roll by so fast. Half the time people don't even remember who made the post in the first place (as proven by some one thinking Josh said something that em said). No one really labels you as being the person that made that "bad post" because they are too busy worrying about their own stuff or reading the next scandelous topic that they can post a million "smart alec" responses to.

What I'm trying to say is DON'T WORRY! No one really knows you face to face, And the people that know you by screen name arn't going to care in a week.

My suggestion to the people that want to leave is just don't log into the sight for a while then re assess how you feel.

Josh, any chance an option could be added to delete your own account? Just a thought.

WP

ps. I also appreciate the fact that you can edit your own post with in an hour or so of making it. With the impulsiveness of BPD this gives us plenty of think time to re assess what we have said and change it.

It is better to worry about what will happen in the future than to dwell on what happened in the past. Move forward.

pss. All my tickets have been answered with in 24 hours.

I think people want their accounts deleted as a way to deal with the abandoment they are feeling inside, they are trying to get that experience "outside" of themselves and want others to experience what they are experienceing.

Archived