Mental Health Forums

Really Need Some Advice/views

Jinxsta

....Little bit of background.... Got evicted from my "luxury" flat on 5th may (landlord didn't pay mortagage equalling reposession).. council have rehoused me in a temporary flat, which is driving me crazy because its impossible to get it up to my standard of cleanliness.... to me its a dump, and i don't mean to sound ungrateful coz i am aware that there are people out there without a roof over there heads but... this is HELL for ME. Plus I am not allowed not have my baby here at this flat (my cat). My ideal would be to have my own privately rented flat again, but theres 2 things that get in the way of that, i dont have the deposit money and my CC doesn't think im capable of living independantly anymore, so she put me on the waiting list for a supported place, which are staffed during office hours, and theres an out of hours number..... it consists of 4 rooms that all share bathroom and kitchen, then theres 2x 2 bedroom flats each flat has its own K & B, then theres a 1bed flat.... I was supposed to be gettin the 1bed flat due to my issues with sharing K's and B's, got a call today offerering me the 2bedroom flat, sharing it with a current resident, the lady tells me HE is clean and tidy, ive agreed to go tomorrow to see the flat and meet the other guy. I will then have to decide wheather im gonna go there. If i do

Bad things that are gonna fuck up my mental state;

Sharing with a guy

Sharing a kitchen (I probably wil not cook there,coz i wnt kno if the guy has got like raw meat or egg germs all over the place or washed up things right, or touched the bin then touched the sides or fridges)

sharing bathroom (everything about it, i bleach everthing in my bathroom if a visitor uses it..... sharing a bathroom totally freaks me)

its in an area thats full of drugs,

its not in walkin distance of my friends or family, living wth another human 24/7

Good things that will help

I can take my cat with me (being wthout her is killing me)

The extra support of staff (they will give me my meds for example, not a regular taker on my own)

Its 2min walk from the harbour (love the harbour)

No bills, just rent top-up

So overall I just wanna be with my cat, but are the bad bits gonna be too much??

Im sooooo torn

What should I do what do u guys thnk?

xXx

....Little bit of background.... Got evicted from my "luxury" flat on 5th may (landlord didn't pay mortagage equalling reposession).. council have rehoused me in a temporary flat, which is driving me crazy because its impossible to get it up to my standard of cleanliness.... to me its a dump, and i don't mean to sound ungrateful coz i am aware that there are people out there without a roof over there heads but... this is HELL for ME. Plus I am not allowed not have my baby here at this flat (my cat). My ideal would be to have my own privately rented flat again, but theres 2 things that get in the way of that, i dont have the deposit money and my CC doesn't think im capable of living independantly anymore, so she put me on the waiting list for a supported place, which are staffed during office hours, and theres an out of hours number..... it consists of 4 rooms that all share bathroom and kitchen, then theres 2x 2 bedroom flats each flat has its own K & B, then theres a 1bed flat.... I was supposed to be gettin the 1bed flat due to my issues with sharing K's and B's, got a call today offerering me the 2bedroom flat, sharing it with a current resident, the lady tells me HE is clean and tidy, ive agreed to go tomorrow to see the flat and meet the other guy. I will then have to decide wheather im gonna go there. If i do

Bad things that are gonna fuck up my mental state;

Sharing with a guy

Sharing a kitchen (I probably wil not cook there,coz i wnt kno if the guy has got like raw meat or egg germs all over the place or washed up things right, or touched the bin then touched the sides or fridges)

sharing bathroom (everything about it, i bleach everthing in my bathroom if a visitor uses it..... sharing a bathroom totally freaks me)

its in an area thats full of drugs,

its not in walkin distance of my friends or family, living wth another human 24/7

Good things that will help

I can take my cat with me (being wthout her is killing me)

The extra support of staff (they will give me my meds for example, not a regular taker on my own)

Its 2min walk from the harbour (love the harbour)

No bills, just rent top-up

So overall I just wanna be with my cat, but are the bad bits gonna be too much??

Im sooooo torn

What should I do what do u guys thnk?

xXx

Only you can decide the answer to your last quiestion.

Living with someone would stress me out.

That's just me though.

Could you ask about a one bed flat.

When you assess your potential future flatmate, go with your gut instincts.

He might be tidy, but he might not be a very nice person, or, he may be, but go with your guts.

You have a cat :)

TBH my cat is the only reason for me going there..... I could wait for the 1-bedder but i could be waiting up to year for that, can't be without my baby that long (got pics of her under unsent letters/unspoken words "to my one and only". Im gonna suffer either way...

XxX

I think perhaps just stay calm and do deep breathing for starters. Then think, OK I'm going to see this flat - it's MY CHOICE whether I take it or not. If I don't like ths guy or don't like the flat / cleanliness etc... I can just walk away. It's my life and if it means a bit longer without your baby then so be it. It would be upsetting to get your cat settled somewhere new and then have to move on again quite quickly so take your time and make the decision that sits well with YOU. xxx

hiya jinx :)

i know how much cats mean to ppl- omg them bein here with me and if ive been feeling shit and like o'ding or sumthin crazy like that i think- yea, but what about the cats? i dont want my cats taken off to a fukkin pet rescue place.

one is old and one is lame. the 2 females are ok but they dont know anyone but me..

i admit i dont understand ocd as i dont have it- but it sure sounds like shit. its bad enuff for me locking the doors / windows x 10 b4 bed...

as for moving cats around- they are fine as long as she will stay indoors. (i only let girlie, my new one , out this morning for the 1st time and i have her a month)

of course , its your decision, but imho you and your kitty are a little team that trust each other, i bet she is missing you...

i hope it works out

thinking of you and best of luck ok

anne marie xxx

Thanks guys, some great advice there, suppose im trying to figure out what my head, my heart and my gut are saying;

Head "We can't it's not do-able, theres no chance we will cope"..... "but if we loved Bean, we would do it anyway"

Heart "We need to be with Bean (my cat), at whatever cost"

Gut "It don't feel right".

XxX

I feel like shit,went 2c it, guy was nice,place was skanky,told me i had till 5 to make up my mind, spoke to my CC, she basically i have two choices; either io there now or later "ur not well enough to live independently"..........so if i so NO, ive made myself homeless according t the council, this place aint even got a bath.... i bath like 6times a day.... but i have no choice, at first they said i would have to move in2 tomorrow, but my CC changed it to tuesday, and shes gonna try o get me some meds tomorrow......other shits happened with my mum, cant be fucked to go in2 it.

So wanna S/H, and wanting to smash my high-rise window and jump, not even joking, fed up wth it all, nothing gets better just worse, feel so crap.

XXx

Ooops I was writing my post when you posted, so now my post didn't make sense! Sorry... anyway, I will try again! That sounds like a horrible situation! I don't live in the UK, so I don't really understand any of it. But, how long do you have to live there if you take it? It sounds like you don't have much of a choice, which sucks. Is it possible to just live in this one until a one bedroom flat opens up? I don't understand why your cc is basically making you have to have this flat when she has an idea of how difficult it would be for you to live there. On the upside, at least you said the guy was nice! I'm sorry I don't have any good advice, but I'm wishing you the best!

xxx

I could be there from 12 to36 months...cant take it, they kno that, they want me to do it... well let them have there day, my friend dont understand, i tried to explain and she dont get me, my mums bein a bitch....there u go im bk to square 1 again. Welcome bk bill, do ur worst.

When I was homeless with a son of about 18months they made me go into a bed and breakfast sharing one room with him on the 2nd floor so 2 sets of stairs with screaming child in arms. The girl next door had a serious drug habit and the one time I saw her room it was literally covered in needles and you could smell the smoke at night coming into our room. It was so hot up there in summer but we couldn't have windows open as on main road and had all polution coming in. The floor down were OK and bottom floor had a creepy guy who fancied me. It was soooo hard working 3 days a week and juggling childcare and work with living in these conditions. There wasn't even a toilet on our floor we had to go down a level and I couldn't leave Aran on his own so he had to come too and he was with me when I showered or went to the loo. It was awful. I completely understand. I wish it was different for you, but at least it is just you (and your cat). Cats are a good judge of character so will probably put this guy in his place soon enough!

Is there a shower? I'm sure you can clean it up a bit. At least it will only be you and him in a flat. Is better than the bed and breakfast option babe. Lots of hugs and I'm sorry you are in this situation. Maybe it won't be so bad he might just need someone else around to get his shit together. xxx

....thats the one advantage, we have no kid in tow....in the nicest possible way. The guy is ok, its just us,i kno she cant handle it, gotta do things my way for protection.

Euathanasia possibly.

XxX

At the end of the day you gotta do what's best for you. But being homeless would be much worse surely? Perhaps we could talk it through and see if we can see a way forward?

Well she wants to go 4it, for bean..... but i just think we should stay, who are they to say wot we do?....ignore the bastards------ i love bean too, but 1 should't be ruled. Crisis team Crisis team Crisis team...so repetitive....no we aint lowering ourselves to that..... just feel the pain relase the tension, nuttin up with that.

XxX

Moved in today, meet NEW cpn tomorrow and have BPD T appointment 2c if im allowed back.

XxX

Archived