Mental Health Forums

Zopiclone

snowman

I was given this in May as I wasn't able to sleep either but it was horrible. I was given 5mg dose I think so very low.

The first night I was imagining and seeing fairies in my room and that I was up in a tree. I have to state when I'm 'bad' I don't hallucinate like this. I will say the high state I was in was very pleasant and could be addictive and I felt quite well rested in the morning and felt no bad side effects.

Second night was worse - really worse. I can't remember much but I took a single dose and went to bed and started to see that I was on a ship wrapped in a bubble of cotton wool/clouds. It then gets a bit fussy but around 2/3 hours later when I woke up again and I went to the kitchen staggering as if drunk and took the rest of the tablets like sweets as if I was taking them because they tasted nice (I can't explain it but I wasn't ODing for SH or suicide) it was compulsive because of being in a trippy state from just one tablet. The rest of what I can remember is very vague and my mind has many blanks. I managed to take out the rubbish from the kitchen from the top floor of my flat block in my underwear outside and back in again (I forget my keys on a good day so god knows how I remembered to take them this time); I through my phone under the desk; I through something out the window but I still don't know what; fell asleep in the kitchen and then in the bath.

When I was woken in the morning by my grandma I can remember talking to her but not what about and struggled to form a conversation and she was getting stressy with me and moaning that I shouldn't be drinking (she thought I must of had a hangover). My boy friend also rung me but I fell asleep on him twice and I rung my best friend but I fell asleep on her however I didn't end the call my end and cost myself £26 in a call :-(.

My boy friend rung my doctor who then rung me about mid-day and I explained what I could remember and he said I should call 999 and get to A&E to get myself checked out. I said I would and I was going to but I fell asleep again. He then rung again at 4 to see if I had done as I said I would, realised I hadn't so called it for me. By the time I was in A&E I was fine and I didn't need to go in as by then it was all out of my system as even though I took a lot it leaves the body quite quickly.

I'm not sure if I was just sensitive to them but the effects were strong and I don't want to repeat them. You may not have the same reaction but...

Archived