Mental Health Forums

Feelings And Stuff

Villan

OK so las night I was feelin well down, instead of doin the usual and supressin the feelin by goin into chat and distractin and feignin happy and "allowin" myself to be cheered up, i decided to try what my t told me to and "allow" the feelin to happen and try work out what and why...

Don't get me wrong, i was still logged onto the forum and also had msn runnin, so i didn't just cut myself off from my new wonderful support network and all the friends that i have made here... I did post several times what was goin on and I got PMs from ppls who care and also msn messages... you know who yuo are and you and i wanna thank yuo all for caring and bein there and lettin me get on with it in my own time...

Well, i managed to work out that the feelin of sadness i was feelin stemmed from bein lonely...

The feelin was quite strong to start with - The ventin post...

Then after i worked out what the feelin was i posted it and got some really cool replies - thanks again...

So

I managed to identify this feelin

I embraced it

I worked out why i was feelin like i was

I handled it and the feelin went away

At no point did the feelin get too much to handle, i was always in control...

I guess this is due to the fact that i made the conscious decision to allow the feelin through before it got too strong to just break through and overwhelm me...

The thought that you all were here to help me if that happened was my catch net so to speak. I knew that if i got into trouble, you would help pull me out...

I kno that i havent managed to do anything practical about the cause of the feelin - but i think i made enough progress copin with it for now - the rest of the changes will come in good time... can't boil the ocean...

Anyway, jus wanted to let u all know and big up this place and alls of yuo again - a real lifeline - and somethin i won't ever forget...

thanks EVERYONE...

:ninja:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hummm_mabbe

• Roses

• rmorgan_uk

• Villan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Ninja Chips

Here is a small thing that made me smile when I saw your name

minininja.png

Its from a game called mini ninjas :D

Just wanted to say I know what that lonely feeling is like too, and how it can be confusing. Glad you felt better.

:) thanks all

hummm... cool pic too...

please can i steal pic to try put on my sig - ima likin this and it will remind me of this achievement in days to come when i need it...?

:) thanks all

hummm... cool pic too...

please can i steal pic to try put on my sig - ima likin this and it will remind me of this achievement in days to come when i need it...?

Of course, I was sorta hopin you might like it! Also if you google mini ninjas and click images, there are tons of little pics of like mini samurais and other ninjas stuff too. I might even download the demo of the game and see what its like, it seems fun :)

Ross

Yay Ross... took all day, but I finally managed to get the darn thing on my sig...

Feelin well chuffed now !

(((((((((((((((everyone)))))))))))))))))

great pic and well done on working out your feelings in such a way. sounds like both of us had a good day just in a different way B)

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy go us (((((((((((us))))))))))))))) let's go celebrate !

O and anyone else who had a good day too!

xxx

Lol

It looks awesome, all colour co-ordinated too :)

I played the game earlier, its cute, Little bunnies flopping around in the background and then you kick some samurai butt, after speaking with a magical tortoise. As you do.

Ross

did u every play lemmings? I used to play it on an Amiga back in the 80s

that shows my age lol

if u didnt then i thnk u can d/l it probably - it is awesome

very retro!

OMG YES I did play lemmings, on the amiga with ONE WHOLE MEGABYTE of memory! Hee! I loved all the little noises they made, but was crap at the game. Wow that game was HUGE, peepul at school were obsessed with it

AMIGA VS ATARI ST WARS!!

AMIGA IS BEST! AMIGA IS BEST!

You can d/l amiga emulators for the PC online, turn your PC into an amiga, but you have to pay for the games. Theres such a big community for it that the developers can still make money off it. Cheapskates ....

I'll have a look for a PC lemmings download :)

Ross

Lemmings was sooooo cool. We had an old Amstrad CPC 464 and you loaded it from a tape. I loved those little guys...

Oh wow that brings back memories. My mate had one with a built in disk drive, i thought that thing was like a Cray supercomputer! I remember when dad brought home a commodore 64, I thought the lord of microprocessors had entered my home :D GHOSTBUSTERZZZZZTTHHHH !!! noo doo doodley boop, boop .... HE THHHLIMED ME!

MARSHMALLOW ALERT

Ok Im on my own here arent I ....

**blush**

Ross

wa so lucky to get an amega had a zx-spectrum 48k bmx racer a stick man on a stick bike on a stick road with stick obsticules. great fun for all the family LOL :D

wa so lucky to get an amega had a zx-spectrum 48k bmx racer a stick man on a stick bike on a stick road with stick obsticules. great fun for all the family LOL :D

ZX-81-Spectrum.jpg

Rubber keys!

ZAXXON!!

Ross

Do you remember a game called 'Bombjack' there was so much rivalry in our house over that one I can tell you. Me against 2 boys...

bomb-jack-big1.jpg

OMG I am 7 again :) My mate had this I think, I didnt ...

Oh oh oh MANIC MINER!

Hijack - what hijack...

My thread, my rules - hijack away wiv da retro 80s pc stuff!!!

Enjoyin the trip down memory lane tbh

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rossie my hubbie is sat here going "I remember that", "oooh zx" then he said he liked your Jean luc Picard thingey I am wetting myself here xxxxxx

Rossie my hubbie is sat here going "I remember that", "oooh zx" then he said he liked your Jean luc Picard thingey I am wetting myself here xxxxxx

Hmm I am trying to think of more classic ones he might remember .. chuckie egg? That was always a popular one! That was more a speccy game I think ... secret of monkey island? That was more amiga-ey ...

chuckie-egg1.gif

full16_2.gif

Hee the last one is very apt for BPD world mabbe ...

OH XENON 2!!

xenon-2-megablast4.png

SUPER NASHWAN POWER!!

picard-suprised.jpg

Jean Luc wishes the enterprise had super nashwan power too ...

Archived