Top Posters In This Topic

• hummm_mabbe

• Roses

• rmorgan_uk

• Villan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

no way commador 64 friend had one of those. im sooooooooooooo jelous :(

You can prolly buy yourself one now very cheap :) Get a good microswitch joystick and Daley Thompsons decathlon and WAGGLE AWAY!!

DT_Decathlon.gif

I think that featured on some kids game show with Terry Christian or something ....

Asteroids

Oh my god - was that like that atari thing, with wooden side panels? Or a ZX game?

Surely, the place where it all began ... **bow** The big bang of gaming!!

800px-Atari2600a.JPG

Yay Ninja girl - you got it!

Thanks Ross, hubbie said it felt nice to be included in this xxxxxxxxxxx

Tell him if he has an Atari 2600 I will give him a fiver for it!!

Out run is way cool..... We went to the Urbis Centre in Manchester last week and they had the old arcade games in there. The Star Wars one you sit in, Space Invaders, Galaxian and Pac-Man..... I love that place..... xxxxxx

OMG OUTRUN

WOWSERS

PLAYED THIS IN UNI BAR IN 88

SORRY FOR CAPS - NOT SHOUTING - EXCITED

*CLAPS*

I was soo bad at outrun! My mate always beat me at it on his Atari ST (boo!!). What was that one where you drove a black Porshe 911? It was like a cop chase thing and you had to ram people off the road ....

Apparently THIS

Channelf.png

is truly where it all began - the Fairchild Channel F. The first games console that could have its games programmed into it separately, instead of being built in like an aracde machine. You'll never look at an XBOX 360 or PS3 the same way ever again!

Im sorry I have just regressed

Out run is way cool..... We went to the Urbis Centre in Manchester last week and they had the old arcade games in there. The Star Wars one you sit in, Space Invaders, Galaxian and Pac-Man..... I love that place..... xxxxxx

I am feeling that sense of awestruck wonder the like of which I havent felt since the first time I went to Hamleys :) Wish I lived closer ...

Ahh hang on Ninja Chips

You are the arcade original maestro!! I only ever played the cheapo copies on the pootas and the consoles :( Too poor to put money in those machines ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Out_Run

wiki explains it best i think...

boy we used to wag so many lectures playin this i'm surprised i got a degree

no harm in regressing - making me smile so much rememberin all the fun i had cos all this stuff was pre mh for me...

thanks xxxxx

so u see, we aint really gon off topic at all - all part of my therapy - just a lil side step from the feelins stuff... although could be said i am feelin happy atm... oooo *runs off to embrace happy*

yay 2 down - however many more to go...

LOL yeah good times ... nice bit of escape! Oh yeah I had that monkey/donkey kong hand held thing, it worked for a bit then screwed up :(

Ninja, you had money to spend on arcades as a student? Wow, now I AM jealous :)

Did you ever play the robocop arcade? That was awesome, the only one I ever put a WHOLE £3 in! In the Isle of Wight :)

Ross

aaahhhhh i was a sponsored student and remember my age - beer was cheap in them days - free if u knew some1 who worked the union... what else is there to spend money on when u are a student ;)

also there was this thing u could do to the machines - i think it involved opening some flap on the back that was sposed to be locked, but sometimes not properly, which gave u free play....

oh and i was also good on the fruity so that subbed my games addiction!

xxx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Out_Run

wiki explains it best i think...

boy we used to wag so many lectures playin this i'm surprised i got a degree

no harm in regressing - making me smile so much rememberin all the fun i had cos all this stuff was pre mh for me...

thanks xxxxx

so u see, we aint really gon off topic at all - all part of my therapy - just a lil side step from the feelins stuff... although could be said i am feelin happy atm... oooo *runs off to embrace happy*

yay 2 down - however many more to go...

LOL I read the wiki, its so cool. I never realised all that stuff about it being so advanced. I was always scared to play aracde games, I guess cos all the big boys would crowd around and 'judge' your performance. I once saw someone get 'mugged' for their credit on an arcade, bloody shitty area I lived in :(

i grew up in southsea

whole seafront is a huge arcade mostly

kinda second nature to me...

oh the days of me and bro sneakin out to play games and fruitys on the pier

*sigh*

aaahhhhh i was a sponsored student and remember my age - beer was cheap in them days - free if u knew some1 who worked the union... what else is there to spend money on when u are a student ;)

also there was this thing u could do to the machines - i think it involved opening some flap on the back that was sposed to be locked, but sometimes not properly, which gave u free play....

oh and i was also good on the fruity so that subbed my games addiction!

xxx

LOL you succumbed to the evil Lord Gamblor. He took may student victims in his day! Those tricks to get free plays were like gold dust when i was a kid, people who knew those were like magical wizards among mortals ...

i grew up in southsea

whole seafront is a huge arcade mostly

kinda second nature to me...

oh the days of me and bro sneakin out to play games and fruitys on the pier

*sigh*

awww ... did you do those 2p things with the slidey back and forth shelves that always steal your money?

Archived