Mental Health Forums

No Control

steelflex

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the body is a start. A lot of the time I don't even look after that.

You have been to the doctor and got referred to a t. Sounds like you are looking after yourself hun. The day-to-day stuff can be worked on. You have asked for help and you are getting it. This is a great achievement.

i know but i dont feel like im being helped

nothing has changed its all still the same

i dont no if it will change or not

maybe in time it will get better

maybe in time it will get worse

sorry i replied to the other one before i saw this one.

i am glad that you have been referred to a t. it wont necessarily feel like anything is changing yet, it does take time. i know it feels frustrating, as if you should feel something from having been given help but remember for the moment not much inside you will have changed. it takes time to get used to having a t, then getting to know them, then being able to talk to them, then being able to work on things, then being able to implement things you learn. sorry if i made that sound daunting but what i mean is that you are on the first step. its a damn big step to have taken so well done and the rest will come.

xxx

Yes, Rael is right. And also it is such a relief when you finally get the help you need that you want to feel that instant fix. It does take time babe, just stay with us and let us help you along your journey if we can xxx

how can one be helped if what their helping u with has been hidden from you like i dont no what it is at the moment cause it shows up and goes away after the damage is done i think my mind has put it away so it cant hurt me anymore but at time it shows up nd goes away and i can never stop myself stop and take time to explore it cause by the time its out ive alredy damaged myself

Yes, but you can document it over time and talk about it with your t. I understand. I started sh when I was 16. I am 33 and only had the cbt for sh this year. I suffered for over 16 years with sh with no help for it. In fact when Icame out of hossie 18 months ago I was told my parents wouldn't take me out in public unless my arms were covered. My husband told me I couldn't bath my children in case they saw my arms and I was belittled and humiliated by my 'carer' for my behaviour. You to will help, it just takes time. xxx

well i dont feel like im doin well

like i feel no progress has been made

all ive done is fight nd fight for anything

only to be let down when the fightings over

whats to say the same thing wont happen again

ok ive found my trigger but i think der more than one on my case here

the one trigger i found and explored was my recent girl friend

cant tok bout it now cos ive found it nd know what it does

cant control it on my own have to let it go for now

I understand the feeling that you are getting nowhere and that whatever praise I give you, you will automatically reject cos you can't believe I am talking about you - or you are disillusioned by constant struggles/ But it doesn't mean that I am going to stop saying it. From an outside point of view you seem to be doing great work to improve your life. Just admitting you need help is a HUGE step babe.

It's good that you have identified a trigger. I hopr some day we could discuss it but I know how it is to not want to talk and there is no pressure here. Just whatever you need. Speak to you later xxx

well its not that i dont wanna talk bout it

its just ive seen what it can do to me

so im gonna try to control it with my therapist

and if that doesnt work then i dont no what to do

i hope i can find it again in an hour

an hour just seems likes bear minutes when you discussing ur probs

its like not enuf time has been spent

even tho those 1 hour adds to many before it and after it

it just doesnt seem like long enuf

a list is a genius idea thank you

its jst most of this stuff is hidden from me

so i cnt really jot it down u no