Mental Health Forums

Can't Stop Fighting

green00

Does anyone out there have trouble in relationships, regarding arguing ? i feel that my ocd just keeps me pushing and pushing and I just "turn" into a person that i am not. This is has recently ruined a great relationship, because I "would just not stop". I don't know what I was trying to do, just wouldent stop fighting. Any help would be very apprecated.

Not sure I can be of help, but I used to behave this way too! You are not alone!

I learnt to stop, for a variety of reasons! Most importantly and to my shame, I put a couple of people in hospital! The first one, I ended up in crown court, second, my partner, (ex now) lied for me, else I would have gone to prison! Frightened the living daylights out of me!

My next relationship after him, was a good one, with a great guy! I could talk to him and he would listen and understand! We never even raised our voices with each other in the 3 years we were together! People we knew were amazed we were so nice to each other! It didn't work out, we wanted different things, but I still wish I could find the same again!

Now, if I get involved with a guy and start fighting, I know deep down, there is something unhealthy about the relationship! Not suggesting its the same for you, just attempting to reassure you, people change, situations change and all things are possible in time! Don't beat yourself up for it! XXXXXXXX

• 1 year later...

I know exactly how you feel. My partner has asked me to pack my stuff and leave this morning by the time he gets home from work because he 'can't cope with it anymore' and it's 'too much'. I just feel like I'm totally alone now. I'm 19, been diagnosed with OCD, Borderline Personality Disorder and I also have Polycystic Ovaries. I feel as though my whole life is just falling apart. I lean on my partner for a lot of support because he's 17 years older than me.

I do feel a lot of the time like I'm a burden on him but I find it so difficult to control the things I do or things I say. The majority of the time I'm even unaware that I've done something that isn't normal or I totally forget things. My partner just feels it's all too much because he doesn't understand but I don't understand myself! It must be worst to try and cope when you're around someone like me then it is for me to cope with because I can't see the things that are out of the ordinary.

Just before Christmas I self harmed for the first time in 5 years. Recently I've been getting these thoughts and feelings much more often and although I haven't done so, I really want to.. I feel so angry and uptight today. I'm loosing the person I love and I can't help myself. My partner loves me but he says it's too much when he has over things going on in his life such as he is prevented from seeing his children from previous relationships.

I don't want to put more stress on him but I am. Knowing this makes me feel lower and lower. Can anyone give me advice because I'm totally lost.

• 3 months later...

Our latest fight was yesterday and whenever we fight I always come back to stay with my dad. My dad hates him because he always sees me when we have been fighting and I am upset and I have told him a little too much bad stuff about my boyfriend. I know my boyfriend is loving and sweet underneath it all, I know he loves me to death, but we have so many problems all stemming from the beginning of our relationship when I was still a little involved with my ex-bf. I know these problems are superficial but still we can't seem to get past them. We love each other so much and now we have been apart for less than a day but I am already starting to feel like I can't bear being apart from him for any longer. Now I don't know if its worth trying to work out. I love him so much and I know he loves me, but we can't stop letting these problems get to us. And now my father hates him so its going to cause problems between me and my dad because he doesn't understand. I cant stop fighting please help..

I quite often argue with my wife. I used to think of myself as turning into something I am not, now I have a different view. There are many facets or sides to my personality, just as there are with everyone's personality. So whilst most of us have a calm and loving side, we usually have an angry and anxious side as well.

Whilst rows are not necessarily a good thing, they are better than no communication at all. If you are rowing, at least you are talking.

Archived