Mental Health Forums

Struggling

Sammi.B

Feeling so down this lately..so hard to cope with the horrible thoughts..its like the OCD is getting worse since i told someone about it.

Cant concentrate in school and am getting behind in classes because of it..

Cant get on with homework because theres so much of it and i cant concentrate on it for long enough because of stupid thoughts and rituals in my head..and because i couldnt concentrate in class i struggle with the homework even more.. :( i spend most my time from when i get home to when i go to bed doing stupid homework..cant cope with it..

Feel like i want to tell my friends but they wont understand it..they dont really care anyway.. they dont want to lisen to me, they expect me to listen to everything they want to say though.. if i tell them they will change the subject and not care..

Teachers think im not trying and not listening..when i do try my best..and i do try to listen i just cant take any of it in because of this stupid OCD..

Anyone else struggling..and need to let it all out..

*huggles to everyone* :)

Hello hun

I'm sorry to hear of the tough time you have been having.

Have you spoken to any of your teachers about your OCD hun? And how it is effecting you and your work? Or to your parents? I think this could be a good step towards getting you the helpand support you need with it.

I also have OCD, I'm here if you'd ever like to chat x

Hugs to you, Pink Stars x

I really feel 4ya Sammi, mainly because i've been there. I came out about my ocd about 2years ago now and it got worse when i did. I think its because when we talk about it, it makes it feel more real and ups our anxiety therefore making the ocd worse, i know it feels real bad now but it will even itself out soon.... my ocd also gets a whole lot worse if i move house and i always think omg im gonna be like this forever.....but im not....it calms down.

XxX

I'm not diagnosed OCD but I do go through periods of checking and askig people to repeat themselves.

Once I get a thought in my head it is murder to get it out. This benzo withdrawal is making it even worse. Maybe it owes me a favour, that of helping me learn how to deal effectively with my obsessing and fixating.

Fixations stop me concentrating on anything, as they take over my thoughts, so I kinda know where you are coming from. I could have achieved so much more if I did not obsess and fixate so much on my preoccupatios.

i feel rude because sometimes my mind wanders on to a fixation when someone is talking to me about something else.

Anyway, enough about me.

Can you do your homework in bitesize chunks. They say to take regular breaks when revising, and I can see that same thing holding true for mountains of homework, due to the brain needing a rest.

Maybe do a bit, then have a healthy snack or meal, and crack back on.

Can you share this concern with a tutor or teacher, you never know, if they know you WANT to achieve and do your work, they will try to help somehow.

Can you tell a therapist.

No OCD diagnosis, but definitely plagued by obsessive preoccupations and fixations which interfere with my life.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys :)

Yeh i have spoke to my guidance teacher about it..she comes with me to the psychiatrist meetings because she makes me feel more relaxed..i tell her everything but i dont feel i can tell any of my other teachers about it.. i did my personal reflective essay in english about the OCD so my english teacher is aware i have OCD but i dont feel i can actually speak to her about it properly and explain how im struggling with the work. i would ask my guidance teacher to speak to my other teachers for me but i dont think i really want them all to know about it..

I know i should have a word with my teachers because maybe it will make things a little easier if they know whats going on..but i know they cant treat me any different so telling them isnt really going to change anything is it..

argh..

Archived