Mental Health Forums

Finally Progressing

fairytales817

Yay! I get the first topic.

Well last night, after talking to some people, I had an Anna Moment... and acctually Anna Moment. I feel so often like I don't know who I am, like I am no one person. I feel like play dough, being formed into different things by different people all the time. I'm a jumble of personas with no true form. But last night I was me, and I know it was me, because I didn't change.

So after I realized what was going on, I was all happy, and I got my journal and I wrote, for the first time ever, a positive entry all about me. I just wrote a page about who I am. I'm not a bad person after all. I may not be able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, but I'm not just all awful and terrible. There are some good things about me, I have talents. I'm a good person. I am worth a little more than I thought I was. That makes me feel so much better.

Now, when I feel sad, I know I can just pick up my journal and read through it and see that, and maybe it will dawn on me that I'm not the worst person alive. I don't always need to be punished. Perhaps, I'm more helpful than I thought I was. I feel like lately I've been making people feel better. That makes me feel a lot better too, being able to support other people.

I guess I just needed to express how happy I am.

I feel like I am progressing a whole lot.

Anna I am glad you are feeling good about yourself for a while. Another thing for you to remember is that even tho u r wise beyond you years you are still very young. You arent how and who you will be in a year let alone 5 years. We all change, even older people like me. Whew, sometimes i still change several times in a day... even without alters! lol

Just remember no matter how you change the basic core of anna is still the same. The sweet giving, loving, caring person is always there. Dont smother her with past baggage and hurts... nurture her so she can nurture others.

Bets

Hi Anna, its really great that you feel you are making some progress and you're feeling good about yourself. Its great you've written stuff down, so like u said, u can refer back to it on a not so good day.

Its good you feel you can help others, something you need to remember when u feel you're 'the worst person alive'.

Keep it going hun, sounds like you're doing really well.

Twilight

xx :D

It sounds like ur doing great Anna. I know a lot of the time i dont know who i am so i sympathise with u on that and its great when u realise who u are even if its only for a short time! Writing stuff down is always helpful then u can read it when u need to. I have emails and msgs off people to remind me of stuff at times.

Good luck with everything and i hope stuff keeps going well for u.

Tory

Hi everyone, glad to be here. My name is Lori and I am 43 yrs. old, from rural Wisconsin, originally from Chicago. I have 2 grown daughters, ages 21 and 18. I have a wonderful significant other, Forest, who is very supportive and understanding. I have BPD, just diagnosed finally a month ago, although it has been lifelong and after 25 years in therapy on and off I have a correct diagnosis., PTSD, GAD and of course depression. I am glad for the meds. After a week in the hospital I finally found Docs that know something. I have a positive outlook even though I realize the recovery process will be long and sometimes difficult. I want to meet new people who understand and give support as well as lending my support to others. I am trying to learn more about my inner children, in therapy and at home by reading some books i bought. I am interested in meditation, gardening, volunteering, hunting, fishing, cooking. We have a labrador retriever named Chloe. She has helped save me too :rolleyes: I am looking forward to talking with you all and if I can help with anything, let me know. I have alot of info off internet about meditation, bpd and affirmations. have a great day, Lo

Anna,

It is so great to hear positive things from people and I am so pleased for you. I hope things can become much clearer for you and you can continue to feel like you! xx

Archived