Mental Health Forums

I'm Totally Scared

abunayun

Yesterday I was arrested by the police, because I was caught taking some bodycream from Boots store. I have got OCD, and Anxiety problems, which I am receiving C.B.T. treatment for. This is the first time I have been caught and am scared out of my wits end.

I read on this link, that it can be part of OCD on page 2 http://www.clairerich-therapy.co.uk/Downloads/OCD.pdf under Related OCD Disorders, as you will see, and am just so scared I don't know what to do.

I am 43 year old femaile and never been in trouble with the Police before, and just need support too see me through this hell difficult position I seem to have got myself into. Please help me. :(

I'm so sorry this has happened to you. What did the police say to you? Are they going to just let you off with a warning as is furst offence? I know it is scary that first time you get police involvement but I'm sure it will be OK. xxxxx

Firstly, that document you have linked to is written by a hypnotherapist. Whilst some people might think hypnotherapy is helpful, the profession is not regulated (anyone can call themself a hypnotherapist - I posted a story a while ago where someone registered their cat as one).

Here is a link to a page on OCD from MIND, a national mental health charity:

http://www.mind.org.uk/help/diagnoses_and_conditions/obsessive-compulsive_disorder

If you can get away with a caution or a fixed penalty, that would be great. However, if they are going to take the shoplifting to court, make sure your solicitor knows that you have a mental health problem. That can be used in your defence.

Oh, and welcome to the forum :D.

Hi anxious,

I'm sorry this happened to you too,It must be scarey that this happened,what are the police doing about it?

Lavender xxx

Thank you to those of you who have replied to my post. I have been totally demoralised to the point I have been given Bail (not tagged at all), and been told to return on December 2nd at 2pm. I left home at 8am this morning, and walked to my G.P. surgery & got an Appointment with him this morning. In the process I was in the waiting room of the surgery, when my Counsellor came in at 8.50am. So I grabbed him (not litterally), and told him everything that has happened, and he has given me an Appointment for Thursday this week, at 1pm.

So have spilt the beans to both of them now, and got to cope with my nerves and Anxiety which are through the roof ever since it occurred.

I did go out yesterday into my local Town Centre, as this happened in another town 30 minutes away by train. I just got some lunch in Debenhams and read the paper to distract myself, and pass the time of day. ecause I live on my own, and time would have just dragged on and on and on had I just stayed in, in my own company.

Thank you for the welcome to this forum as well, although I really wish I hadn't done what I'd done to shame myself to this level at all!

Data, I didn't know that article was by a Hypnotherapist at all, as it was a link that came up when I searched things out on Google yesterday, and was the first article that came up. It doesn't mention anything about Hypnotherapy, because on Page 3 it says about C.B.T. being used on O.C.D. That is what I am getting through my Counsellor at present for my O.C.D. behaviours, which mostly are more 'fear of contamination' orientated myself. But think my nerves might be sending my mind down other paths now to act out of order. :(

Archived