Mental Health Forums

I Saw My

abunayun

Counsellor today, with regards to my previous post the other day about having been arrested by the police for shoplifting. I've got to say I am an emotionally liable vulnerable person in life. But somehow I found today VERY easy to deal with, although certainly no pride in having done what I have developed since March on top of my already known O.C.D. problems (due to other things that happened in my life to make my nerves worse). But it just seems such a hugh releif and weight lifted off of my shoulders in ways I cannot truly describe. But the fear of being seen as a untrustworthy criminal by telling all about the shoplifting behaviours to control anxiety levels seems a too shameful matter to approach to admit to.

But ending up caught by the Police and going through the horrific hell of what I went through at the Police station - I've got to say to anyone else I would try and face up to your convictions of opening up about doing what is seen as a crime for fear of detriment to your image and creditability for your own good.

Believe it or not I am truly a Law Abiding Citizen in society who yes I can afford to buy the things Ive taken so dont have any poverty reasons of drug problems or things like that to fuel the behaviour off. It really has been a big relief to get this out to my Counsellor today, and do feel better in myself for having sought the help off my own back to prevent me ending up in another Police Cell EVER again. My mood seems so much better for speaking about it today, even though taking Citalopram anyway SSRI. But I do feel I can move on with my life more so now. :D

Archived