Mental Health Forums

Esa Medical Appeal - I Won

just.me

I went for a medical for ESA, I was kicked off, I appealed, just opened my post and they have allowed my appeal and given me the 18 points I need to stay on Sick Benefit!

The fuckers owe me £30 a week backdated to 13th October.

I really needed this good news I really did.

If anyone wants help appealing! I can help!

Woohoooooo.

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

oooo when u get the back dated stuff, you can go SHOPPING!!!!!!

u deserve it for all the crap they put you through...

xx

Hey Chips

I borrowed £300 off my son to move! So I be paying him back, and paying the £125 for my Counselling Course I start next week! Might buy some flowers though for my garden! oh and get my hair cut, oh what about a set of nails! Ha ha.

hmmm dam responsibility :( lol

the counselling course sounds good and yeah, hair and nails... but plant the stuff in the garden BEFORE you get yer nails done !

I have the Work Related Activity. Ouch, so its an extra £25.50 a week up to the 24th they owe me £510.00.

Taking the course means a lot to me, as I think it would help me, a start to integrating with other people, and giving some insight to me.

My son is real pleased and it ain't nice when you have to borrow money of your 16 year old that they have saved hard for. But he a good kid.

yeah the course sounds good and you are doing it for some great reasons there...

wow your son is a saint... and very good with money if he has that stashed away at 16... you should be real proud of him... :)

I went for a medical for ESA, I was kicked off, I appealed, just opened my post and they have allowed my appeal and given me the 18 points I need to stay on Sick Benefit!

The fuckers owe me £30 a week backdated to 13th October.

I really needed this good news I really did.

If anyone wants help appealing! I can help!

Woohoooooo.

im in the process oy my appeal.............did you have to attend your appeal?

Russell

I never attended said I was not well enough to, that to do so would cause me real grief, that I am partially agoraphobic, and had no way of getting there, I did, I can drive and they know I have a car and can drive, but going alone? I could not do it, real stressful. I can hit the shops, most days I can stand in a queue. Day dependant. I over milked a few points but you have to think of yourself in the worse case scenario and go that way.

I listed the descriptors that they gave me no points for, and stated the reason why I should have had points.

I also found the name of the *Registered Nurse*, and checked her qualifications online which is free, and printed them off, she was not qualified to determine a mental illness and had no training in it.

I also got a doctors letter to confirm the points that they said I had no problems with i.e marked me with zero. They have subsequently awarded me a further 18 points i.e 6 for each descriptor she marked me zero for.

Even though the doctor said I should be endeavouring to go back to work at the end of his letter. I was still okay.

Am real proud of my son Chips, he saves all his EMA from college, and just pays his fares. I could not have moved if it were not for him. He only been getting it since last September. Prior to that had saved his birthday money etc.,

Ahh kool I am pleased you won :)... I got over 1K backdated paid from them and I've been put on the "Work Related Activity" shit too and my money gone up by £40 a week...

Have just been told that i am no longer entitled to ESA. Am going to appeal. If you have any advice to give it would be appreciated.

Suffer from depression. Bad at moment! Getting worse....

Write a letter immediately to your local benefit office, advising that you appeal the decision, they will reinstate your ESA. Put in the appeal why you disagree with the decision.

You would have been sent or should have been a list of the descriptors and the amount of points you have for each, the minimum you need is 6.

You then have to go thru the descriptors and where you do not agree, write down why you do not, listing them individually, ensure you put your worse case scenario.

Eventually the DWP will look at it and send your case to a Tribunal, I never attended, you must send more information to them, and get a doctors letter, if you can.

Have you got any of the information relating to the descriptors they marked you for?

Dice I have the work related component too, my dosh has been increased by 25.50 a week, backdated I believe to either the suspension date of 13th October, or week 13, can you clarify if they backdated yours to week 13 which is what the DWP web site states it should be from?

Dice I have the work related component too, my dosh has been increased by 25.50 a week, backdated I believe to either the suspension date of 13th October, or week 13, can you clarify if they backdated yours to week 13 which is what the DWP web site states it should be from?

Oh I have just seen this, Ermm I shall look into it for you after I get back from the docs and let you know :)... As I can't think with-out looking at my paper work from it all...

After reading the responses, I checked with the DWP and they backdate to week 13! I thought just backdated to when I had the medical.

So thanks!! Have already started spending in my head! ha ha

I have wanted a specific Gucci watch for ages, and I am going to get it! Not too extravagent around £50 second hand.

Ink work? Is that tattoos?

Neat.

Ive got 3 already not having anymore!

Im paying my kid back, and paying for my course, and gotta pay car insurance. The rest? Clothes, and the watch.

Oh and Im dying to replace my floor length velvet coat.

What kind of tat you got in mind?

Yes tattoos :D... Kool what ink have you got???... I have 3 at the moment too...

Well it looks like I have to buy a ipod now as my MP3 seems to be broke :angry:...

I want a big star on my calf with flames and 3 dice's adding up to 11, Thn a pair of dice's with blood running down from them, Not to sure where I am going to have that :blink: And a frog on my arm so its the start of my half selves :D...

Archived