Mental Health Forums

The Positive Thread!

just.me

Depression affects us all in various ways, as does our mental health issues.

I always advocate that in order to get on the road to recovery we need to put some positive back into our lives.

This does not have to be a huge event, but something real small.

For example;

Getting up at a reasonable time rather than lying in our pits thinking what is the point.

Getting up and actually brushing out teeth.

Getting up and having a bath and putting on clean clothes.

General tidying up, or even just washing up.

Checking your emails and actually replying.

Ringing a friend.

Going to the shop.

Going for a walk.

Painting your nails.

Having a shave.

You get the general idea?

Making a list too of those things that we have to deal with and just crossing off one a day removing something that we need to do but haven't from that list, is a positive.

So, today we start with posting just one positive thing we have done, no negatives please.

It be neat if we could all do something positive every day and post it on here, by the end of the week we would have achieved so much because we would have done 7 positive things!

The road to recovery is a slow process but we can do it.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I woke up today, and whilst I found things that could potentially cause me problems, i.e a mahoosive phone bill, that in fact only has £7.50 worth of calls on out of a bill of £132.00. I paid off the odd £32.00.

So for me that is a positive!

That is positive Sioux, well done. I like making credit card bills an even number and we often pay like 52.78 to make it so (Jean Luc Picard LOL)

Today I did one thing more than I usually do. For a long time Alora has combed her own hair and just put an alice band in (cos she can do it herself). Today I put it in a ponytail for her. Usually in the week, for some reason, I can do breakfasts and all that but struggle with the fiddly morning things. But now I am on less medication I am starting to feel less groggy in the morning and more able to apply myself to tasks that require concentration! Sorry to waffle. Basically I tied my daughters hair back.

today should be really hard...but i am cooking a big dinner later to celebrate my dads life,

instead of moping.cool thread xx

ooooooooooo cool idea - it is kinda a carry over from last night but i am usually crap at posting stuff (letters usually hang about in my bag for ages) but this morning i made the effort and drove the long way round to work and actually posted off my coursework that i finally got round to typing up las night :)

Hey

How about this for a positive! I pay BT £55.00 a month! I have just done some research and I can get the same service I get now from 02 for £12.50 a month and the first three months are free!

Weeeh hey!

Happy Days Sioux :) - now start planning how to spend that spare cash - ON YOU !!!! :) xx

Oi you cheeky moo! I have no grey! I might be old and fat but as yet no grey!

I was telling my son last night that I have yet to find a belt in a size equator!

today i have caf meeting, and planned distraction techniques for afterwards, as usually triggers me and have nothing in place, so trying to be organised and keep myself safe, and rang dentist (hate dentists and dont normally go by myself) as have tooth ache, which took a lot, not thta i got apt but trying to put my needs in place as well as everyone elses.

cad

i knoq this didnt happen today but yesterday i stopped a close friend from committing suicide. she rang up in tears saying she was going to die because it was hers dads birthday (who died at christmas time) but i had to explain to her that there was alot of stuff that she hadnt done yet and she also had others who relied on her and that she was a good friend to me and how much i appreciated her. i may go to see her tommorrow to give her a stuffed moneky x

(sorry for spelling errors)

today I cut the grass in the back garden.... and put the lawn mower away afterwards!

Then I had a bath, washed my hair, shaved my legs

all before 11 am. A miracle!!

Ouch, gotta say that I had not got in the bath for four days, and had been wearing the same clothes, i.e pj's

I have bathed, hair washed, put clean clobber on, put my face on, been to Asda got some food. First time in a long time that when I stood in the fag queue I never felt claustrophobic! Mind you dunno if it was a good thing or not but I walked with me nose in the air today, cos I look shit hot!

Hahaha

Even took a pic, and will put the recent one on my profile page later!

caught up with some of account work i keep putting off at work.....normally i leave it until deadline, but deadline is a month away and im actually upto date for the 1st time in a long while..... :D :P

Fantastic! Bring on some more positives! All the little things you do that make your day better, silly things anything! Like to hear about it.

Today Thirteen from House MD made me feel squoogly in my tummy

Oh and I remembered I have a stash of propranolol to help me with me dentists appt :D

Ross

I love this thread!

Today I actually got up EARLY...I'm so proud of myself that's usually pretty hard for me! :D

i'll kick off today then...

this morning i stood up for myself against my boss

when asked "why havent you dont such-and-such yet"

i replied

"cos it isnt til like mid June and i have May stuff to sort out still" instead of the usual "sorry, i'll do it now... sorry, sorry subservient crap i usually come out with..."

That told him :P

*shaking a lil now so going out for a ciggie*

Archived