Mental Health Forums

Just A Tad Ocd

skp67

My home treatment worker who visited me today reckons i have ocd, i hadnt thought about it until she started saying that evrytime a professional comes to my house its spotless. It just feels normal to me to want things in their rightfull place. And yes i do go overboard with it i know. I like tins with labels facing i hate clutter, given the chance i would get shot of ornaments etc and just have a couple of pictures on the wall. The kitchen is my bug bare i hate having things out it just creates a mess that i hate, and the floor i obsess about it being clean. My wardrobe has to be colour coordinated and shoes paired and lined.

The more i type here i realise that yea she may have a point, omg another thing to deal with, give me an empty room preferably padded so i can be just me.

Scally xx

i have ocd and its kinda what it says on the tin- ie you have obsessions and compulsions. my obsessions come as intrusive thoughts such as if i havent washed my hands properly i will infect my husband and kill him so the compulsion is to wash my hands over and over again, does that make sense? sorry if it doesnt, ive had my sleepies!

Thing is Scally if you do have ocd it hasn't overly taken over your life, so I'd say its not something you need to be worried about. If you get another label, its not going to change anything, so don't worry about it. xx

I agree with Kalico if its not interfering in with your daily life,if its not a burden on you then really its just you, whayever label they put on it.

Things only need working on I think when they really bother you or are unhealthy.

Lilly

Archived