Mental Health Forums

Depressed, Single, Lonely, Sexually Frustrated Arrghhh

shakemymilk

an tbh i'll have ended my life way b4 I ever turned 35 whilst being unmarried

You never know whats around the corner xx

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marriage is really overstated, being with someone who loves you, whom you love, who you are happy with is all that matters.

Believe in rewards that await you,

believe in the harvest in store.

Believe that the spring will awaken,

believe you'll be sowing once more.

Believe that there's a tomorrow,

where no one cares if you can't dance.

Believe in the future's promise,

each new day brings a new chance.

Believe you can make you goals happen,

they're just dreams with a deadline attached.

Believe that you have the power,

believe that you're more than a match.

Believe in a shared existence,

you're not alone this is true.

Believe that right now there is someone,

who believes in the wonder that's you.

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will

When the road you're trudging seems all uphill

When the funds are low and the debts are high

And you want to smile, but you have to sigh

When care is pressing you down a bit

Rest if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns

As every one of us sometimes learns

And many a fellow turns about

When he might have won, had he stuck it out.

Don't give up though the pace seems slow

You may succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than

It seems to a faint and faltering man;

Often the struggler has given up

When he might have captured the victor's cup;

And he learned too late when the night came down

How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out

The silver tint of the clouds of doubt

And you never can tell how close you are

It may be near when it seems afar;

So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit

It's when things seem worst that you mustn't quit.

Marriage is really overstated, being with someone who loves you, whom you love, who you are happy with is all that matters.

That is the problem I feel as though this will never happen to me, it is a gut instinct feeling too, life is pointless felling like this everyday

Life is never pointless although depression does make you feel that way. You are young and have so much life in front of you. When I was your age I had similar thoughts but I met someone. It happens when you least expect it. Life is like a box of chocolates! I know its hard but try and be patient. Have you any hobbies?

Life is never pointless although depression does make you feel that way. You are young and have so much life in front of you. When I was your age I had similar thoughts but I met someone. It happens when you least expect it. Life is like a box of chocolates! I know its hard but try and be patient. Have you any hobbies?

My hobbies are watching football, playing xbox, the pub and driving around, not the best hobbies in the world I know. I've never been interested in anything serious

How about family and friends? You close to them?

not really no, they cant give me what I need

which is?

Being accepted by society and having a relationship with a nice girl

which is?

Thats not something they can give you. Why are you not accepted by society?

which is?

Thats not something they can give you. Why are you not accepted by society?

Because I feel like an outcast wherever I go, and girls have never taken an interest in me. I can't stand being me much longer

Have you seen your GP? I am sure they could help you. Therapy may be of benefit to you. Please dont give up hope. You are young and have a long life to live. I have been in some pretty shitty places over the last 20 years but depression will not beat me and dont let it beat you. You are better than that and if you let it beat you, you will never get what you want

I do too. I've never been great with people and i find it very hard to make friends and connect with others, be them male or female. I've a very low self esteem so much so that i can't stand too look at myself in the mirror. Anyways, hope you're ok :)

] I've a very low self esteem so much so that i can't stand too look at myself in the mirror.

Been there. :(

All I saw was my boyfriend's ex... not me. There was no such thing as me.

] I've a very low self esteem so much so that i can't stand too look at myself in the mirror.

Been there. :(

All I saw was my boyfriend's ex... not me. There was no such thing as me.

then think how I must feel, no ones ever even let me stand a chance with them

I do too. I've never been great with people and i find it very hard to make friends and connect with others, be them male or female. I've a very low self esteem so much so that i can't stand too look at myself in the mirror. Anyways, hope you're ok :)

I can't stand looking at myself in the mirror I get repulsed by my own sight

Its not a nice experience, looking into the mirror and seeing your boyfriends ex. All you can see is rejection, all of a sudden thats who you are.

I could say "well at least you've never suffered the pain of having your heart broken" because trust me, that hurts more than anything I've ever experienced. having the only person who has ever accepted you for being you reject you? all of a sudden your only solace and place to hide and the person you wanted to spend the rest of your life with is gone. your best friend, the one you shared everything with. all gone. your only means of emotional support when you already feel terrible? gone. they don't want you anymore. all the things you said and did together are meaningless, all that time you spent together means nothing. all the times they said they would always love you and always be there for you turn out to be lies. you start to find reasons to believe they never loved you at all, they just lied and strung you along. And all that time you had so much invested in them. What an idiot. How could you let yourself do that? they are the root of all evil- they caused you all this pain and yet you cant get them out of your head. everything reminds you of them. everything that happens to you, everything you said gets analyzed in terms of your relationship with them. everything becomes a sign dictating the future of your how things will work out with you and your lost love. You hate them, nobody who ever loved you could possibly make you feel so empty and worthless and yet every minute you crave their company. nobody will ever feel that way about you again. nothing prepares you for the pain of your first real break up. back then i honestly hoped i could get hit by a car, if it crippled me for life then maybe he would realise the mistake he made and if it killed me then at least i wouldn't have to deal with the pain anymore.

And I was the one who broke up with him.

(I've written this and finally understood for the first time ever that this is probably exactly how he felt after I dumped him. I mean... I always knew it. I always knew he felt the same way, but actually dragging up those feelings again has made me properly understand. Now going through a serious bout of remorse. We broke up almost two years ago, not spoken properly since october and yet I still miss him every single day.)

But if I said that, I'd be wallowing in self-pity and thats never got me anywhere.

(((((((((((fudgecake))))))))))

thanks for expressing that-exactly how i felt when i was dumped. not a pleasant experience to go through to say the least. but guess most of us have to at some point. take care and stay strong xxxxxxxx

((((((trieste)))))) ((((((((((the loner)))))))))) xxxxx

Its not a nice experience, looking into the mirror and seeing your boyfriends ex. All you can see is rejection, all of a sudden thats who you are.

I could say "well at least you've never suffered the pain of having your heart broken" because trust me, that hurts more than anything I've ever experienced. having the only person who has ever accepted you for being you reject you? all of a sudden your only solace and place to hide and the person you wanted to spend the rest of your life with is gone. your best friend, the one you shared everything with. all gone. your only means of emotional support when you already feel terrible? gone. they don't want you anymore. all the things you said and did together are meaningless, all that time you spent together means nothing. all the times they said they would always love you and always be there for you turn out to be lies. you start to find reasons to believe they never loved you at all, they just lied and strung you along. And all that time you had so much invested in them. What an idiot. How could you let yourself do that? they are the root of all evil- they caused you all this pain and yet you cant get them out of your head. everything reminds you of them. everything that happens to you, everything you said gets analyzed in terms of your relationship with them. everything becomes a sign dictating the future of your how things will work out with you and your lost love. You hate them, nobody who ever loved you could possibly make you feel so empty and worthless and yet every minute you crave their company. nobody will ever feel that way about you again. nothing prepares you for the pain of your first real break up. back then i honestly hoped i could get hit by a car, if it crippled me for life then maybe he would realise the mistake he made and if it killed me then at least i wouldn't have to deal with the pain anymore.

And I was the one who broke up with him.

(I've written this and finally understood for the first time ever that this is probably exactly how he felt after I dumped him. I mean... I always knew it. I always knew he felt the same way, but actually dragging up those feelings again has made me properly understand. Now going through a serious bout of remorse. We broke up almost two years ago, not spoken properly since october and yet I still miss him every single day.)

But if I said that, I'd be wallowing in self-pity and thats never got me anywhere.

I am sorry to hear what you went through, I understand how you felt a tiny bit but I've never been through the heartbreak like you you, I really do believe though its better to have loved than never loved at all

• 1 month later...

SamH,

I'm new to this site and was actually looking to receive advice rather than give it, but seeing your posts has inspired me to write you a message. You are 20, you are young and have a lot to offer the world and the right girl for you - keep telling yourself this until you believe it! The next step, is to do everything you can to make yourself happy and girls will be queueing up to share that happiness with you. If you rely on other people for your happiness, you will inevitably find yourself being let down, and it is a hell of a pressure to place on somebody. However, if you can find a happiness within, and offer it to the world, people will want to share that with you!

imagine being the type of girl you want to attract, young, smart, pretty, whatever it is you're after, and think about the kind of person you think they would be attracted to, what does that kind of guy do for fun? is he confident, funny, clever? By thinking about these things, you think about the kind of things you'd like to become, and that gives you something positive to work towards.

This isn't the end, it's only the beginning!!! :)

SamH,

I'm new to this site and was actually looking to receive advice rather than give it, but seeing your posts has inspired me to write you a message. You are 20, you are young and have a lot to offer the world and the right girl for you - keep telling yourself this until you believe it! The next step, is to do everything you can to make yourself happy and girls will be queueing up to share that happiness with you. If you rely on other people for your happiness, you will inevitably find yourself being let down, and it is a hell of a pressure to place on somebody. However, if you can find a happiness within, and offer it to the world, people will want to share that with you!

imagine being the type of girl you want to attract, young, smart, pretty, whatever it is you're after, and think about the kind of person you think they would be attracted to, what does that kind of guy do for fun? is he confident, funny, clever? By thinking about these things, you think about the kind of things you'd like to become, and that gives you something positive to work towards.

This isn't the end, it's only the beginning!!! :)

Thanks so much this was really helpful, I made this post a while back and I feel rather embarrassed by it now but at the time I made it my head was in a mess and I was very frustrated, although it is not as big of a deal as I made it out to be its still and issue for me but I am getting my head around my frustrations and I am learning to cope with my insecurities by moving forward slowly, like you say I need to be happy and that is so true, I believe it is much easier for some people to find happiness than other but that is a whole other issue altogether, happiness is not given to you on a plate, sometimes you have to swim through crap before you see the light and if you wallow in the crap then you won't get very far, I am slowly getting better but still have many days where I feel like there is no point, the key is tapping into the inner strength and taking life as it comes, I firmly believe this and if only I had realized it sooner.

Thanks Pos rep for you :)

Archived